Before Crisis, would you play it?

ChrisLIX

I know stuff
Gil
The legendary FF-series is now taking a step back in time (once again) to show you yet another perspective out of the FF VII franchise, a lot of turk action this time!

* Would you play the game?

* Are you satisfied with their choice of console?

* Is this story worth reproducing to another more powerful console?

State your opinions.

:shesaid:
:what:
:offtopic: Dude...

Last edited:
Meh, no one cares about the Turks. However, if Barret makes an appearance somehow I'll pay double. I'd say mobile phones are ideal for this game.

Who wouldn't?

This game looks amazing. Who wouldn't enjoy a chance to play as a Turk? To play as Reno and Tseng? I cannot understand why SE have not brought out an English version yet. Don't they like to make money?
I don't know how many replies you'll get, though, because I don't know how well this game is known. You can watch the whole thing on Dougadouga and some of it on youtube (kain 454) and find the scripts at a website called shotgunromance.

Just read your whole post. This game has been around for some time in Japan. Are you saying that SE IS going to issue an English version in North America?

Last edited:
I would actually like to see Before Crisis and Crisis Core on the Ps2. The two games that would end the ps2 Era.

They've been releasing Before Crisis in little chapters right? A bit like the FFIV After Years.

I think Before Crisis has been going on / been out for years as I heard about it before I heard about Crisis Core, DOC and most of the other stuff.

I'd probably give it a play if it wasn't on a crazy Japanese phone that I have no chance of ever owning. However my main reason for doing so would probably be to witness what happens to Red XIII. Apparantly you see his mate and witness his capture by Shinra.

Other than that... I don't know much about the game other than that AVALANCHE are the villains (under a different leader than Barret).

Last edited:
I've never really thought about it until now... But I'm not sure whether I would play it.

Don't get me wrong, I like the concepts behind the game, I'm just not sure whether I should trust that Square Enix made a decent cell phone game. I've lost a lot of faith in that company's capabilities.

As for the other two questions, well I'm not happy with it being a cell phone game. I think it would have been more successful as a game for PSP or as a downloadable game for the Wii.
But I'm not sure whether it's worth it anyway. I couldn't really get into Square-Enix's other spin off side-project (FFIV: The After), so I'm not sure whether porting this one is a good idea.

I would actually love to play this game for the story. Also playing as the Turks sounds very interesting! I wish this would come out remade on ps3 or psp.

id never play a mobile game, i think the most i did wasplay worms on my mobile, but it just doesnt have the battery life and the novelty wears off pretty quick, then theres the screen size....

if it was on PSP then Id snap it up.

We're never likely toget it anyway, mobile or not anyway so.....

I'd like to play it, but, you have to certain type of phone don't you? I'm not willing to spend loads of money to learn things about the Turks...Just doesn't seem worth the money/time/effort.

However,
Should it come out on a Next Gen console (PS3, Xbox360 or even the Wii) I will quite happily spend the money on it.

I am still crossing my fingers for a PSN port. But seeing as it has been out in Japan for a few years now I doubt we will see it.

But who knows, Square-Enix have been remaking games left and right (looks to Final Fantasy Gaiden: Four Warriors of Light)

Personally i think they shouldn't bring the FF franchise to an on phone game, because it's just not worth it, yea, millions of FF fans accross the world have mobile phones, but at the end of the day, those phones tend not to have a whole lot of memory, so the game wouldn't be able to be a large file so the game wouldn't be very good,or very long.

Plus, when i think mobile phone game, i think of tetris or Snake maybe even a bit of space invaders or pac-man. . . the old games that don't require much

I would probably get the game if it were to be re-released on psp, but other wise proably not. 1, becuz of the phone screen size. 2, becuz id probably forget i even hav the game downloaded on my phone. and 3, phone games are rlly small and boring. but like i said b4, if it were re-released on psp or any sony game system, id probably get it. learning about the turks would be interesting

On the PSP, probably. I know when FFXIII: Agito comes out, I'll snatch that thing in a second. So why not with Before Crisis as well? I don't think it will be released outside of Japan though. Their phones, from what I know, are just better technology than US cell phones. Even though companies like Nokia are Japanese, the phones themselves are different. I don't think a port to cell phones is possible outside of Japan. I personally would like to learn more about the Turks, it always boggled my mind a bit how an electric company can act like its a government. In the game it basically was the government, but just the fact it's a power company bothered me.

Is it Downloadeble In Holland?
Or is there a english version?
If sme one know please sent me a privite mesagge
GRTZZZ
SVH
Wall_VIIBC_02.jpg

Before_Crisis_Logo_3.jpg

If I had the chance I would probably play it, just for the sake of being able to play through it and find out anything missed out in the main game. But I wouldn't be able to play it on my phone. It would kill me

To SVH, no, as far as I'm aware it's only available in Japan on their phones, and by the looks of it, it's going to stay that way. In all honesty though, unless they made it decent and ported it to the PSP or DS I wouldn't touch it, phone games in general are quite shit and I don't see why Before Crisis would break the trend. It seems a pointless spinoff title anyway >.>

Then again, from what I've heard about it. It's a Japanese-language game on the mobile phone, which is also highly likely to stay that way for a long time. I've also went on to YouTube to see how the game play is like, and I can say I wouldn't be interested in playing it at all, so, I guess I won't be playing it.

Throw in generally low quality graphics, I'd rather hug my PSP, and await the day mobile phones are able to play high definition games AT HIGH SPEED. For now, the phone shall be ignored.

I'd probably give it a play if it wasn't on a crazy Japanese phone that I have no chance of ever owning. However my main reason for doing so would probably be to witness what happens to Red XIII. Apparantly you see his mate and witness his capture by Shinra.

Same here, I would play it to see what happens to Nanaki...not much other reason really, I've liked the Turks alright, but I wouldn't even bother getting it even if I could just walk into a store and get it for some PlayStation system, not a Japanese phone...if playing as Turks was the biggest draw for me. >_>'

I would only play it for the story, if the game is good i would like to see it mabe...for ds or psp even(it would have to look 10Xs better):D

Despite all tha trash talking most people say about the FFVII compilation, I did enjoy what I've played and watched, so if they ported Before Crisis to the PSP or DS, what the hell, I'd get it. More story info would be nice to look into through the game and not looking through wiki pages or whatever *shrugs*

And I admit those are some hawt Turks :awesome:

Back