Before Crisis, would you play it?

I would probably skip it unless i got it for free. Also with the idea that Japanese phones are some how better and have magical technology that they keep secret from the rest of the world, False. Ive been there used a cell phone nothing new. it was not like a week trip either, i studied there so i was there for awhile. But phones just cant do much anywhere so they game would not be really exciting

BC

Well, i dont know about the cell phone gaming, but i would love to play it for the story, is there a place where i can get the story, or perhaps watch it or something. After playing Crisis core, the turks are more appealing to me hehe.

Meh, no one cares about the Turks.

GASP! "No one cares about the Turks"?

Dude, I LOVE the Turks ('specially Reno).

But, yeah, I would play this...the only shame is that I don't have a good phone to play with it. You know...cheap screens.

Hope that they like release this in some other consoles...although I find that unlikely for some reason.

GASP! "No one cares about the Turks"?

Dude, I LOVE the Turks ('specially Reno).

But, yeah, I would play this...the only shame is that I don't have a good phone to play with it. You know...cheap screens.

Hope that they like release this in some other consoles...although I find that unlikely for some reason.
Yeah maybe one with a 2 inch screen or bigger, and i like his partner rude....haha

Well, this is not very original, but I would like to echo the sentiment here frequently expressed, that I'd play it in a New York minute if it were released on any other console than...(insert yucky smiley here)...phone...brrrr.
Of course, I'd play about anything related to ff, even the Crystal Chronicles! I didn't think I'd like Dirge of Cerberus 'cuz I'm usually not that much into fps's, but I liked it! My only beef with it was it was too short...a clerk at Game Stop said it wasn't too short if you played the missions. I tried, and the missions were too hard for me. Oops! This is supposed to be about Before Crisis...sorry

Despite phone graphics, memory, and all the other problems, I would get it. Square-Enix has a history of taking what a system or genre can do and pushing it over the edge(Look at FFX, FFXII, FFI, FFVII, And FF:Crystal Chrinicles(Which despite sucking, was beautifulP)) plus, I have a feeling it would give bonuses or items by your GPS system on your phone, and thus traveling would even be more fun with it. I am surely getting Agito, so I would also get BC.

I would not play it. The whole "Cell Phone" thing would just turn me off. The graphics would not appeal to me, no matter how good the story was. If it were to come out for a better console, as the phone isn't one to begin with, then I would gladly play it.

Please remember that this is a post count section and one liners are not permitted, thanks =)

I want BC, badly. I have a bit of a fangirl crush on Reno to be honest, and I want more Cissnei x3 Looooove Cissnei. I also like how Aerith looks in this game (I've seen artwork :3

I'm also rather interested in the Turks and Shinra. I want to see their darkest side x3 I want to see Reno, hawt hawt Reno... :ryan: I'd definitely play it on the PSP or DS or something, really. I think it'd be a lovely game :3

What I would just like to know is why, why, WHY wouldn't Square Enix put Before Crisis on another console, PSP or even Nintendo DS? (I believe revenant wings is on DS). From what I've heard here, there are TONS of people who would buy it and play it if it were availalbe on another platform...even if the phone things was just an experiment, to me it would make sense to re-port it (is that the term?) to another console...and for added sales appeal, even add some extras to the game so those who had played through it on the phone would still buy it and play it again! I usually play all my ff's at least twice anyway (except I, II & III, but even those I probably will again evenually once enough time has passed). Well, I sure hope this is enough verbiage. From what I'm hearing, people are clamoring for BC on a different console. I sure hope S.E. is listening. BTW, I'd never heard of either BC or Agito until I'd joined this forum...well, I guess, enough said...

Last edited:
lol The BC board is lookin' mighty dead in here...

I just got around to watching some of the game on youtube. I'm so thankful that someone was kind enough to translate and upload some of it (you can find it in parts.) The story's pretty decent, if not really simple. The combat system looks horrid, though. Maybe it's a result of being a CELLPHONE GAME. lol Who knows. I'd probably still play it if there were a more updated version on the PSP or something, but the graphics on the cellphone seem like they're holding it back from being a better game.

I would play it even if it is a cellphone game.
I would like to play as the turks =]

Probably not. Couldn't care less about some no-name turks who never even appeared in the original story. In fact they never appeared in anything else besides the Last Order OVA. Also both the FF7 spinoffs I have played were both terrible, and so was the movie, and doubt BC will be any better so it's no huge loss for me.

Yes x10. More Turks, even if nameless? I'll take it! If I don't like it, I'd drop it. But Cissnei is there, so even better! Loved Crisis Core.

I would definitely play this game if it comes out for a console or handheld. What I really want is to see a HD version or a remake of it. With the remake of Final Fantasy VII turning out great, I wouldn't be surprised if Square Enix decides to take that direction with Final Fantasy VII: Before Crisis. A few years ago, Hajime Tabata, director of The 3rd Birthday and Final Fantasy Agito XIII wrote on his twitter account "If I were to make something for 3DS, I suppose it would be a remake of Final Fantasy VII: Before Crisis. I'd redo the scenario structure and game design for the 3DS. I think I'd like to make an action RPG where a large number of Turks players play simultaneously."

Tabata also said that Square Enix's Tetsuya Nomura and Yoshinori Kitase, wanted to see Before Crisis on the 3DS if possible too. The problem was that Tabata only labels the remake as an "ambition," because he and others were too busy working on titles such as 3rd Birthday and Agito for the PSP at the moment, while Tabata was planning to work on an HD project. Final Fantasy VII: Before Crisis was set to launch in 2011 for the 3DS, but was never released. Could they be planning to release this title for the Nintendo Switch?

Would love to see english localisation of this game. However i would imagine with the remake on ps it will more than likely see a playstation debut if it ever comes to light.

I like to think that I would buy/play it if they brought it over on handheld. I've only watched this game play w/translation on YouTube but it's been several years since then.

I can't really form words as to why... but I really am not crazy about RPGs being on mobile. I think games like Brave Exvius are for the most part okay (however I only got into it for a little bit after it came out) but I'm not sure I would enjoy playing Before Crisis on my phone.

What I really want is to see a HD version or a remake of it. With the remake of Final Fantasy VII turning out great, I wouldn't be surprised if Square Enix decides to take that direction with Final Fantasy VII: Before Crisis.

I would also like to see this come to fruition!

Honestly, the gameplay doesn't look particularly fun. If anything I think this would be ideal for an adaptation to an animated series. I rememeber sometime around the release of this they made an anime stytled FFVII short, basically retlling the events of Nibelheim again:

I'd love to have a series of Before Crisis in this style! But as I have been saying with anyting related to the FFVII Compilation Project, I doubt we'll be seeing anything now due to the FFVII Remake - which could break continuity with all of these past projects. But who knows maybe we could see aspects of this and Crisis Core put into it, as they are expanding Midgar by a lot in comparison to the 5-7 hours of the original game.

Back