Favorite Playable Character

Attitude wise, I'd have to go with Auron. It's an easy choice since he's well liked and fits into the type-cast of a wise older warrior... But that's what drives my intrigue skyward!

He has honour and strength. He's the embodiment of a true warrior. His loyalty to his friends was something I personally strive to develop and display... Not to mention his pure badass-i-tude!!!

Battle team wise, my opener would usually be Auron/Lulu/Tidus, primarily because I liked usually two physicals with a mage- it's generally the tactic I take into battle in most RPG games I play. I think Tidus and Auron compliment each other in both personality and battle- Tidus attacks with swift strikes to whittle down the enemy's health, before Auron finishes it (Haven't played X in so long, so my info may be skewed).

However, when I was a kid(which was the last time I played X, sadly) I generally played with only the characters I liked from the initial introduction, and rarely used them after. So Rikku(Still don't think she should've been so young...) and Wakka never really got a look in unless I had to use them.

in my latest play through of FFX i decided to use the characters i never used in all my other play through's just to give myself a chance to get to know the other characters of the game, so i played through with Kimahri, Rikku and Lulu as i normally used a combination of the other 4 (yuna works extremely well as A red mage when you take the time to move her to the blackk magic aswell as the white at low level)

but i found myself really loving having the big blue spear wielding furry lion man Kimahri as a main party member and physical damage dealer, it was really the only time i managed to get all of his blue magic and realised there are some really good spells in there (mighty guard, white wind and Nova) and after this i found myself replacing Auron/wakka in my party with him, he doesn't say much, but boy does having the muscle in your party help.

i absolutely love Kimahri, he is a great character with a great spear. only 2 problems i have with him is that his Celestial weapon is a pain in the tail to get and quite frankly if you have levelled him well (i often over-levelled my characters) it made the Byran and Yenke Ronso fight alot harder than it was in my first time through the game.

Yuna. I loved her personality. She was so soft and kind and was only thinking about the world and it's future. I just wanted to reach through the t.v and hug her and let her know we were in it together. ^_^.

Also, despite being so soft she was also strong as heck. Not many people could continue on knowing she had to do what she thought she had to. I found that very endearing and powerful on her part.

Auron was able to clearly convey any message he wanted with a simple glare. And his relaxed but watchful attitude made him an interesting and mysterious character. All along the game it was clear that he always knew something we didn't. And he used rum to burn fiends.

Rikku was cute and always happy. She also had this looks-innocent-but-is-not-so-innocent-after-all thing in her, being an Al Bhed and learning steal and mug, all the while making puppy eyes.

Yuna was hopeful and determined. And whenever she wanted, she could summon badass otherwordly creatures that would come in her aid. I was kind of disappointed when they took the summoning skills from her in X-2. It was an interesting change, and had to be done plot-wise but those creatures were part of who she was and part of what made her interesting.

I have to say Rikku I just like her overdrive and personality, next would be yuna because she summons Aeons, Then is Auron because well he is just cool and calm and well badass,

I'm still working my war through the game, currently in Bevelle so I'm not sure how much more I have left. So far I love all these characters except Khimari and Yuna. Not that I dislike Yuna I just find her a bit dull so far. I can see growth in Tidus, Rikku, Wakka but Yuna is just so dull so far. Maybe by games end that will change but so far my favorite is Tidus. Normally the main character falls to at least 2nd on my list but they do a great job with Tidus. At the start I kind of despised him but now I'm really relating to him.

I would have to say that my favorite playable character would have to be Auron. This dude is just a walking badass, and his voice actor did an absolutely phenomenal job. You can just tell from the second you see this guy that hes going to kick massive amounts of ass.

Honestly, I'm going to have to go with Auron, with Wakka at a close second.

I was always curious about Auron throughout Final Fantasy X. I always wanted more from his character.

His voice actor was beyond perfeeeeeeeect for Auron, I couldn't picture him sounding any other way. :fan:

I loved how mysterious he was, how determined he was when it came to Yuna's journey. He was definitely a leader. He was so wise and intelligent. Something I always admired about him.

That would be Auron for me as well. He really was the bad ass in this FF with his always calm and confident behavior. Also, on the gameplay side, I almost always had him in my party, his attacks were useful most of the times, and gotta love his overdrives. The other two I mainly had on my side were Lulu and Yuna, I like casting DDs and it's handy to have a healer. Tho sometimes I used Rikku as one. On a side note- still to this day-, I can't believe Lulu had a kid with Wakka.

I was playing FF X over a long period of time, sometimes leaving the game for a couple of months, then returning to it and playing a couple of months, until one day I decided - somewhere before entering the body of Sin - that today is the day I will finish Final Fantasy X. And I did, shed my share of tears and I'm still proud to say the experience is still vivid, the memory remained and I still have to remember some memories when listening to the soundtrack while working, be it piano collections or the OST.

My point is - I feel strongly connected to the basic team I played during this long period of time: Tidus (obviously), Wakka (Ya?) and Yuna, sometimes replaced by Auron.

At first I wasn't much into Tidus, I found him annoying, a typical sporty swagster that is full of himself. But this was also the reason I loved to observe how he changes throughout the game to high five Jecht at the very end of the game.

I instantly fell in love with Yuna who is feminine, delicate but at the same time strong-willed. I loved her American seiyuu who's voice fitted her character perfectly! I played FF X after I finished FF X-2, so I already knew a great deal about her, so she's probably my favourite character when it comes to FF X and X-2.

But how could I neglect the two archetypical warriors, the constantly-laughing easy going giant Wakka and experienced cynical old-timer Auron? I love them too. Wakka was probably, in some ways, the best chara-designed character in FF X and I also already knew and loved him from X-2.

Rikku is a kind of person that mesmerizes you with her lovely pout and forces you to love her. I also like her a lot, I'm having her in my team in X-2 right now (yes, after X I almost instantly returned to X-2, just had to).

Don't you feel like choosing one character over the others would feel unjust? Like, they are all so strongly embedded in your mind it sometimes feels like they're alive and cannot just choose between them without hurting them in your head? This sounds childish but I'm personally happy that the game had such a strong impact on me. It feels great to "remember them".

"This is your world now".

It's funny what you say about Lulu and Wakka having a kid together - at first I thought so too! But then I thought - there was always a kind of respectful link between them and as their characters fit together perfectly, like yin and yang, a plus and a minus, it is perfectly reasonable for them to get together. Wish them all the best :)

Definitely Yuna :) I really love her character and just everything about her. I love Rikku, too, but there is something about Yuna that really gets to me and that I really identify with, so she is the character I always choose to play as whenever I play this game and she's added to my party.

Mine are Yuna and Auron. Yuna because she was cute, delicate and she had a big heart. And Auron because he is the strong silent type, speaking when he feels it's necessary.

I've always liked Lulu. Her stuffed toy weapons are a riot. You encounter an enormous monster like an Iron Giant, and the little turd hops out of Lulu's hands and just charges at it like a pissed off rhino. lol

Seymour was pretty cool, but when I controlled him I literally just skipped all of his turns, believing that in turn it would make him weaker when I'd have to battle him in the future (I already played the game before)
Generally I always loved to play as Yuna the most. Like a lot of people have said here before about her femininity and gentleness, yet the strong-will and courage it takes to face her fate... I think it also makes me feel more special or important when I control her, because she IS the summoner. Plus the aeons were an absolute joy to summon. I loved them so much. Especially by the end of the game, Yuna had become my most powerful character (at least it seemed, even though all the stats of other characters were maxxed out anyway). And I identify with her the most out of the party, I think ^_^

I like tidus,
i think an interesting one's "favorite controllable character in general"

for me either squall or tidus :p

Back