Serious Did you have a big 21st birthday?

Kandy-Sugar

ღWhite Roséღ ♀
Veteran
Gil
I don't know how the thread title came across, but I was wondering if any of you people over the age of 21 (for obvious reasons) had a big over the top celebration for your 21st?

I suppose people who are yet to turn 21 can answer this question with what they expect their 21st to be like.

Anyway, my 21st is in 10 days and all I'm doing is going out to dinner with my family. Steve, mum, dad, sister and two brothers.

Then the following weekend I'm having a few friends over. Around ten people all together, to come over for a few drinks.

I have people constantly saying, "You can't do that for your 21st! You need to have a big party etc."

Most people I know go out and hire a boat and dress up like they're princesses and such.

But the thing for me is that, I would rather spend the money on something more useful and I can't be bothered organising such things.

Did anyone else here do anything special for their 21st? Or are you like me and didn't really worry about it?

Last edited:
I just went to the pub and got sent home and was in bed for 9:30pm ¬_¬

Rat arsed doesn't even begin to cover it. I was with a complete wank stain at the time, so the idea of a party wasn't even brought up. I just went to the pub, every fucker kept buying me drinks and I was shit faced far far too early ha. Every fucking year aswel, I never learn ¬_¬

And the wank stain wasn't even invited, the only alcohol he came near that night was mine when I threw up :monster:

I think that was the night I fell asleep on the bathroom floor and used a peice of toilet roll as a pillow.....

I went out with a couple of my friends to one of our local bars. We drank until around 1 AM, and someone had the wise idea of mixing in tequila. If I remember right (wrote it down) I had 3 margaritas, 8 beers, 2 shots of jaegar, 2 shots of tequila and 1 jack and coke.

Well I honestly don't remember the rest of the night. I've heard people said I was a riot.. but hey I just get super friendly when I drink, and try not to gab to much.

Did I forget the crazy orgy?! .. nah.. never happened.. I've had crazier nights though.

Last edited:
You know you're getting old when you don't even remember what you did on your 21st birthday. I don't recall what I did, but I know for a fact I really didn't do much of anything. I actually don't drink at all, so I didn't go to a bar or a night club or anything like that. There's a good possibility I worked on my birthday. I know it's around the time we finish up for the semester in college, but I think it always finished before my birthday. And I probably worked to get some extra money for the time being before I went back the next month. Yeah, obviously whatever I did wasn't even exciting enough to remember.

Truth be told though, I'm not much of a birthday person. I never circle the date on my calander and think of something to do, it's just another day for me. Coincidentally speaking, I have my birthday off this year, it lands on my off Monday, so I could plan something. But this all becomes dependent on other factors, and if these factors don't pan out, then it'll just be another off day for me. Then again, I can always get some Christmas shopping done that day, but I'll probably be done already.

If you're in the US, 21 is only a big deal because of the drinking age. In other countries, I think 18 and 20 are what matter, since at 18 you're legally an adult, and 20 is just 2 decades in passing.
So yeah, going out for dinner and having people over is normal.
in my case, I got really really drink at my favorite pub with around 8 friends or so, and don't really remember how the night ended...

If you're in the US, 21 is only a big deal because of the drinking age. In other countries, I think 18 and 20 are what matter, since at 18 you're legally an adult, and 20 is just 2 decades in passing.
So yeah, going out for dinner and having people over is normal.
in my case, I got really really drink at my favorite pub with around 8 friends or so, and don't really remember how the night ended...

Very much true. In Denmark the legal age for most things fun is 18, so turning 21 really isn't a big deal. All I did for my 21st was having a nice dinner with my family, and a couple of joints later one with my closest friends. It was all pretty low key.

Don't think that there is anything wrong with having a small 21st birthday..
Because we don't really have to throw a huge party just because other people want one. And really it's your day, your party. Do whatever you want. Nobody can tell you what to do or what to plan for your 21st birthday..

Sometimes simple is waay better too. With a bigger party there is more of a chance of getting frustrated while planning and a bigger chance for things to go wrong during the day..

Don't think there is really anything wrong at all as longs as your happy on the day..

:]

Yeah see I'm not fussed at all. I really could care less about having the supposedly 'perfect 21st' with all the glitz and glamour that most of my highschool friends had this year.

It's really just annoying when people are in your ear all the time, pretty much telling you that 'you can't do that for your birthday. It's your 21st.'

Regardless if it's my 21st or not, I don't feel the need or want to do something like that. I'm satisfied with a small gathering of friends.

I wouldn't just go and have a big party just to satisfy other people. <_<

But yeah, maybe in a few years or so I may feel like having a big party, regardless of what age I'm turning. XD

I didn't really do anything to special for my 21st birthday, it was special to me though.

My girlfriend at the time (my fiancée now) and my family ordered up a ton of hot wings and that was pretty much it xD, that was all I really wanted anyway.

About a week later a friend of mine bought me some longislands (ended up being 5 x.x)... he didn't tell me it was an incredibly strong drink, especially for someone who had never drank before. Needless to say it hit me hard pretty quick haha. But yeah that was pretty much the first week of my 21st birthday.

drunk.gif

I disagree.

21sts are definitely a big occasion here. Turning 18 is a big deal and all but it's not as important as a 21st.

I had a great 21st. I had a big party where all my family and my friends came. We rented out a large function room and over 100 people showed up. There was drinking, dancing, kareoke-ing, a lot of embarrassing things happened for me. It was a fantastic night and it was a brilliant celebration.

I'm very happy I had such a big occasion/event for it. It's not often there's a big party for just me so I just enjoyed it.

Mine was spent in Prague with an ex, well he wasnt at the time lol. I was booked into the Da Vinci Hotel cause I love anything to do with him. And it actually snowed on my birthday :) It was great!!

On my actual 21st birthday, I didn't really do anything extravagant because, though turning this age is a major deal here in terms of what you're allowed to do legally, I don't drink, first off; however, my friends (idiots) took me to a shitty bar. After that, we went to Ground Control, a21+ old school arcade, which was all right...nothing special.

While it was nice to hang out with friends, I guess I was being too much of a push over and just kind of went with the flow. The day before or the day after (can't remember, it's been a few years), I had lunch with my mom and maybe one of my brothers. Otherwise, it wasn't any better than a normal day.

Last edited:
I had a decent sized "party" for my 21st birthday. It mostly included about 15 or so friends and a couple more family members all bar-hopping and getting me as drunk as possible. My memory of that night is quite fuzzy. I do recall falling into a tree. I also recall making the worst omg tequila... face ever. >___<

It was well worth the hangover. ^_^

I got absolutely shit faced on my 21st birthday. I had 8 Corona's before we all even went out to a bar that's up the road. Once we got there and started playing pool, immediately we ordered more drinks. I had 6 more beers, a shot called fun dip(yes it was delicious like the candy), and a shot of something called Liquid Cocaine. THAT is what fucked me up hardcore. I immediately knew it was game over after that. Liquid Cocaine, for those of you that don't know, is a mixture consisting of 1.5 oz of Jager/Rumple Minze/Goldschlager/and 151 proof rum. Straight fucked my world up.
I remember it tasted delicious too, I loved it. It was a whole different beast than anything I've ever had before.

Not really.

I was underage-drinking since about 12 or so and my parents supported me doing so (my old man loved his vodka and made the best bloody mary); the only thing being 21 gave me was a peace of mind (or so I thought; I've openly drank in bars without so much as being 2nd-guessed, only ever got carded once and that was long after turning 21, which was over a video game instead). (My favorite is tequila, for those wanting to know.)

Back