White Mage
Red Mage
Thief

Overall, I think my most favorite are:
Warrior
White Mage
Red Mage
Monk

I preferred Warrior, Thief, Black Mage and White Mage. It just seemed right.

I never liked having a Red Mage in my party...

Warrior, Thief, White Mage, and Black Mage. Though I have used all of the classes in the original.

Warrior, thief, white mage, black mage.

Red mage WAS my favorite class in the original (I hated having two magic-only mages because of the defense). However they sucked so badly in the GBA version I don't use them anymore :'(
Strangely enough, as much as he was flamed in the original version, I REALLY liked black belt. Again I find them less effective in the GBA version, whereas the thief, who sucked in the original, is a really effective fighter in the remake.

I have a warrior, a monk, a red mage and a white mage. Monks ease my Gil spending, they don't need any weapons and I will only need to buy them armours. Warrior is a staple. Red mage just because they can melee attack and heal at the same time. White mage because they heal my party.

I think I did

Warrior
White Mage
Black Mage
Theif

my first time, but then I realized the Warrior ends up being great for healing as well, so next time I just did

Warrior
Theif
Red Mage
Black Mage

and I believe it worked out well. I don't remember exactly what I did, but I know it seemed like a bad idea and ended up working out amazingly well.

I prefer amazingly strong magic, personally. And the Red Mage can use basic healing stuff in the beginning so he does what the White Mage would do, just with less power. I remember really liking the Red Mages because they made me think of Zorro and the 3 Muskateers.

at first I went with

Warrior
Black Mage
White Mage
Red Mage

Then I tried:

Warrior
Monk
Red Mage
Red Mage

Then I did:

Warrior
Monk
Black Mage
White Mage

and FINALLY settled into this(after messing with things like 4x Red Mage etc)
Warrior
Thief
Black Mage
White Mage

I think the last one is the best.

This was on Dawn of Souls version btw

Last edited:
White Mage FTW. He be healin' my party.

[Mod Edit]: Please put a bit more effort to your post. Thank you. =]

I always use a thief for the most part.

However the next time I play through the game I will probably go all black mages. LOL, I read about this and have 4x BM will tear stuff up.

It's been a while but are there any bosses that are immune to magic or extremely high resistance?

I always use a thief for the most part.

However the next time I play through the game I will probably go all black mages. LOL, I read about this and have 4x BM will tear stuff up.

It's been a while but are there any bosses that are immune to magic or extremely high resistance?

I think Chaos is highly resistant to magic in every version, so physical attacks are the better way to go against him. As for the rest of the bosses, magic is very useful against them.

Well when i first played it i started out with a warrior , theif , red mage , black mage , and i havent changed it from that since , i gave everyone the beat down with that setup ! .

warrior is my overall fave i usualy go warrior warrior white mage red mage i found its the most useful in my opinion, but opinions are like yesterdays everybody has one and there not always smiled upon

Warrior, white mage, black mage, and monk.

I did too many job runs, i remember i did a all white mage run lol

I was unstoppable XD

So... Thief can't steal in this game, but they can turn into a ninja later on. Worth using one in my party? Other than that uncertainty I like Warrior, Red Mage, Black mage. But, I'm also just starting to play it

I always liked the red mage job, but I tried to have a balance party when I played FF1. I normally had red mage, white mage, warrior, and thief.

Back