Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Rever Seurwit
FFXIV Server
Faerie
Free Company
Timber Owls <Owls>
so how many here know the TRUTH about wiccan beliefe? like, im a wiccan, so i do, but how many of u succumb to the false stereotypes and assumptions of us being evil? i just want an idea of how many ppl have soaked in religious propaganda that made a peaceful harmless religion seem so evil...

I think a lot of it comes because there are so many people that claim they are wiccan that believe entirely different things from each other...

Some people believe in the power of nature and the wind and the trees, and others go as far as to say that they believe that they can transform into a dragon and fight demons...

There are a lot of people that attatch on to wicca (or their own or someone elses fabricated creation or alteration of wicca) for fun, and not actually believing it at all.

Anyway, no I don't think it is evil, but the evil beliefs probably stem from pagan images and beliefs being considered evil when christianity was at its height, and also because chrtistianity modelled some of the symbols associated with evil within christianity on pagan symbols.

well wiccans (real wiccans) worship the same christian god, howevr we also believe in goddess, gods allied counterpart, to represent balance and equality. the symbols pegans use are the same, however the reason so many think they r evil is because of satanism, they use our symbols and they change them for there rituals, exampl, the pentagram, in the wiccan version the highest point faces north, it represents the 5 elements, air earth fire water and spirit. in satanism it gets turned upside down (i dont know why...). and the wiccans that say they can turn into dragons and fight demons are bullshitters that get way into their tv shows...wiccans prctice and worship using migick (different from magic) the closest we get to magic is draining spiritual energy from others (wich u can be sent to hell for). magick is different from magic in that its all about your soul, if it isnt, the person is either a bullshitter or a satanist...

Alot of people also call theirselves Wiccan or think they know about Wiccans when really they fail to realize that Wiccan is a branch off of Neo Paganism. Wiccan, Necromicon, Nocturnal, etc. all have a light side along with a dark side, there's white magick and black magick in it all. Me myself used to be a Nocturnal Pagan which meant we get most of our mantra from the moon and did night spells, and yes Black Magick but that did not make me evil at all, I was still a good person, just felt there was more to gain with Black Magick then healing others and not being able to believe in personal gain with White Magick. I used to be really into it but got out of it because I had too many problems to find time to practice the spells theirselves, and quite frankly don't believe in any Gods or Goddesses anymore. But this would be the religion I would follow because I do not believe one God made the Earth and I don't believe Jesus or Moses and all of them people were special at all. The way I see it, Charles Manson could have been right in that case and could have been the reincarnation of Christ. Satan would be a God also, and that's what Christians don't believe in. Also, they fail to realize that when Catholicism got started, they believed in Gods and Goddesses, no solitaire God. 1st commandment: "I am a jealous God, let no other God come before me." Right there is stating there is more then one God or else, why would he be jealous? I believe Magick works in many different ways. If you are Wiccan, or any form of Pagan/NeoPagan, I support it, and don't believe that you're an evil person for it, as a matter of fact, I would say that you're an even more open minded person and probably alot more calmer and less crazy then those in other religions because of your spiritual outlook. That's my two sense.

For the past few years I've been informally studying religion, so yes I've been enlightened as to the true Wiccan beliefs. The only written rules to Wicca are "do as ye will so long as it harm none" and the threefold law, stating that all you do will be returned threefold. The problem with the former is that yeah it feels all cuddly inside, but you can only avoid harming something so much; sometimes you just have to weigh it out or ya won't survive. But Wicca's a very fluid religion, making it more of a spirituality. People interpret things differently, some believe their God and Goddess are real deities and others believe they are simply symbolic and represent balance (like the dao).

I feel that Night is not "the bad side" and Light is not "the good side." They are both universal forces, anything "bad" would be an imbalance of energy ie, excessive Light or excessive Dark, or sub-energies that don't agree.

Last edited:
Alot of people also call theirselves Wiccan or think they know about Wiccans when really they fail to realize that Wiccan is a branch off of Neo Paganism. Wiccan, Necromicon, Nocturnal, etc. all have a light side along with a dark side, there's white magick and black magick in it all. Me myself used to be a Nocturnal Pagan which meant we get most of our mantra from the moon and did night spells, and yes Black Magick but that did not make me evil at all, I was still a good person, just felt there was more to gain with Black Magick then healing others and not being able to believe in personal gain with White Magick. I used to be really into it but got out of it because I had too many problems to find time to practice the spells theirselves, and quite frankly don't believe in any Gods or Goddesses anymore. But this would be the religion I would follow because I do not believe one God made the Earth and I don't believe Jesus or Moses and all of them people were special at all. The way I see it, Charles Manson could have been right in that case and could have been the reincarnation of Christ. Satan would be a God also, and that's what Christians don't believe in. Also, they fail to realize that when Catholicism got started, they believed in Gods and Goddesses, no solitaire God. 1st commandment: "I am a jealous God, let no other God come before me." Right there is stating there is more then one God or else, why would he be jealous? I believe Magick works in many different ways. If you are Wiccan, or any form of Pagan/NeoPagan, I support it, and don't believe that you're an evil person for it, as a matter of fact, I would say that you're an even more open minded person and probably alot more calmer and less crazy then those in other religions because of your spiritual outlook. That's my two sense.
well there is a problem in saying pegan came first, then wiccan branched off. im not sayin wiccan was first tho, im sayin these two religions are so old that nobody could ever know which came first. The ancient romans were in fact all either pegan, wiccan, or christian, its a true and almost forgotten part of history. and if u were doing dark magic, u probly would have been punnished in some way, black is not always dark. as i for some reason, i have yet to discover why, have a hard time doing white magick and an even harder time doing black magic, grey magic is the simplest in my case. in fact the omly white i ever could do was charm a necklace, and the only black i ever could do was dissenchantment of the same neckllace, but i can do many grey things...

The ancient romans were in fact all either pegan, wiccan, or christian, its a true and almost forgotten part of history.

Ancient Romans were, by your own definition, originally pagan.

well wiccans (real wiccans) worship the same christian god,

If that's the case, then they logically could not have been Wiccan before the spread of monotheism, and specifically Judaism, which did not occur outside the Middle East until after what would become the Roman Empire was founded in the 10th century BCE. Considering the Romans hijacked the Greek gods, and were thus polytheistic, and thus not Christian, until well after the time of Jesus, they could not be Wiccan.

i meant in a way it is the same god, not exactly...my bad, poor cjoice of words XP

I actually know nothing about it except for the involvement of symbolism, glyphs, the Goddess, (I think), and spells with herbs and oils. On a sidenote, I almost dated a girl who thought she could mix Wicca with Christianity. That was a funny thing, denying the existence of God one day, praying to Him the next. It was almost like she was Christian. Oh wait. >_> I see what she did there. 8F

I don't see where you get that Wiccans even come close to worshipping the same God as the Christians do. Christians believe in one God and Wiccan's as far as I know do not. Although I'm not very sure, as far as I know, Pagans and Christians have a very large disagreement in those matters. And Wicca IS a branch of Neo Paganism, which is aka New Aged Paganism, so yes, Paganism existed before Wiccan was even known. Konstantinos states this clearly in 'Nocturnal Witchcraft'. And just because you perform Black Magick does not mean you're going to be punished, as long as you know how to use it and very carefully, I never harmed another being studying the spells. And Aleister Crowley who performed many Dark Spells, was very successful, and had a fortune which he never lost and was a successful occult legend and has a religion after his name, so I wouldn't go as far as saying you're absolutely going to have faults happen to you, it's all about Karma. Gray Magick from what I heard is not really Magick you want to mess with since you are dealing with luck and chance with money and fortune and such, in my opinion.

well their r three kinds ofgrey, the nuetral, the one u mentioned and the mixture of white and black, i do the nuetral, ie making the flame on a candle bigger or smaller, ormoving energy in things around u

and about the christian god and wiccan thing, u more than likely r thinkin of the classic wiccan, i however am a zu wiccan

Last edited:
and about the christian god and wiccan thing, u more than likely r thinkin of the classic wiccan, i however am a zu wiccan

Sorry to show my ignorance here. What is a Zu Wiccan?

I just did a google search and all I could get is a list of random wiccan sites with no definition, and also a lot of German stuff.

I haven't heard of the christian-wiccan hybrid being around in todays time before, but I can imagine it may exist. It seems to be very different from what most people would consider wicca though. Do christian-wicca's believe in any of the bibles teachings, or is it just in a single powerful deity? Does it mainly differ in practice or are the beliefs completely different as well?

You say it isn't exactly the same god.. So does that mean that it is simply the belief in a single god, and not the christian god? Or does it mean that it is essentially the same being but under a different name?

/late. I just happened to be reading it and am interested to find out what that is.

a branch of wiccan that has one god and one goddess that is simalar to christian god but not 100% same, and the rest is all normal wiccan

i too am also Wiccan/non practicing Christian and i also agree with you that we are sometimes labeled as "evil/satanists"(soooooo far from the truth).

i believe that the Christian theology has some form of Wiccan practices(God worship) and the fact that Christan's celebrate Christmas on the same day we Wiccans celebrate Yule(coincidence or is it just me).

i do not condone Satanism/Christianity myself, i believe that everyone has the right to practice his/her beliefs.

i too am also Wiccan/non practicing Christian and i also agree with you that we are sometimes labeled as "evil/satanists"(soooooo far from the truth).

i believe that the Christian theology has some form of Wiccan practices(God worship) and the fact that Christan's celebrate Christmas on the same day we Wiccans celebrate Yule(coincidence or is it just me).

i do not condone Satanism/Christianity myself, i believe that everyone has the right to practice his/her beliefs.
Actually the most ironic part of this is that the first people labeled as satanists didn't worship satan at all. They worshiped no gods. They went against all christian belief, yes, but that doesn't mean they were bad. In fact, one reason they were dubbed satanist is because of them doing as "god" said not. In fact, they though of pride as a good thing, where as "god" said it was not. This is just one of the many things.

Satanism is based on moral and self-conscious, much like most Wiccans. In fact, back in the day, a Wiccan was either mistaken for a Satanist because of their behavior and beliefs, or they were labeled as a witch because of the way they talked about Magic.

As a matter of fact, most of our magic is hardly magic at all. it is mostly just ways of manipulating the world around us. Most of the "magic" is just a science. But yes, I do believe in supernatural happenings and real magic, however I do not believe just anyone can up and do them anytime they want.

How's that for a lesson in religion? Next time you call someone a satanist, you're really calling them a free spirit. So, I take it as a compliment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back