Neo Shinryu and Omega Mark II

Man,I'm in levels 50 (well, I was, my emulator got all saved games corrupted after I played a little bit of DBZLOG2) and couldn't beat Omega and didn't bother going to Shinryu, I believe that it was because that book that says: "First came the one without heart, Omega, then the one who followed him, Shinryu, whatever you do just let them rest since even the 12 warrioirs couldn't beat them" (it's not this exactly) and after this I started to believe they were almost impossible.

And almost the same storie happened in the Dawn of Souls, in the Soul of Chaos.

lol... i have the strategies for defeating them both like a bunch of whimps. but they are cheap oens.
for omega kii, use the song that sotps monsters. get like 3 bars singing it, and all with herma sandle. one guy needs to be able to heal, just in case. rest should have backup rapid fire in case omega breaks free and uses encircle.

neo shinryu: wow, my fav monster. i like the battle music.
anyways, have everyone with hermas sandles on, level 70's or higher. everyone jump (2 dragon lances on each guy) all will miss. do it again. tada. neo shin dies. but you must jump fast. dont wait 2 seconds then press jump. do it fast.

tada!
man, this is so easy ^^

I found Omega Mk II to be shockingly easy. He's really not any harder to defeat than the original Omega if you know the right strategy. And speaking of that strategy, here it is:

Make sure you have one character (I used two to be safe) equipped with two weapons that can be used with Spellblade (I used Ragnarok and Apocalypse on my main attacker, because they're the best you can get). Now, to defeat the original Omega, all I had to do was cast Spellblade Thundaga on my main character and then use Rapid Fire to take Omega down. It took me two turns, at the most. Omega Mk II is just as easy to take down; however, there is one thing that he throws at you to make the battle more difficult. Instead of being weak to Thunder-based spells like the original Omega was, Omega Mk II has a barrier that makes him vulnerable to only one type of spell at a time. You can use a summoner to determine what spell it is (don't use a black mage-Omega Mk II has auto-reflect). It'll change its barrier pretty quickly, so you may have to guess which Spellblade spell to cast. I used my summoner to summon Ifrit, and it damaged Omega Mk II, so I knew he was vulnerable to Fire spells. However, he immediately changed his barrier, and I had to guess which Spellblade spell to cast on my main character. I guessed Blizzaga, and I ended up being right. Just remember:

Dual wield (Apocalypse and Ragnarok)+Spellblade [whichever spell Omega Mk II is vulnerable to at the moment]+Rapid Fire=Omega Mk II pwnage.

Oh, and Coral Rings come in handy, too. If you have them equipped on your party, they won't take any damage when Omega Mk II attacks with Atomic Ray.

EDIT: I BEAT NEO SHINRYU!! And holy crap, he was hard. But surprisingly, it only took me about four attempts before I finally defeated him. Here's the strategy I used, although I can't guarantee it will work the first time you try it (there's quite a bit of luck involved in this battle):

CAST FLOAT ON YOUR PARTY BEFORE THE BATTLE!
I had one attacker equipped with two Dragon Lances who knew the ability Jump. It doesn't matter what other ability they have-they'll be jumping during the entire battle. My other three party members were support characters-I had two who knew White magic and one who knew Time (having the ability Dualcast or making your Time mage cast Quick helps a LOT). I had the two characters who knew White constantly healing the party, and I had the Time character cast Hastega and Float on anyone who had been KO'd and revived again. The first time I tried this strategy, the battle went up in flames right away. But the second time, luck must've been on my side, because the battle didn't seem all that hard. (My two characters who knew White magic would actually run out of things to do during the battle because my characters were almost always at full health.) That's basically how you win this one. Oh, and the reason why I think it's so important to cast Float on everyone is that Neo Shinryu will cast Earthquake when you defeat him (he'll also cast it at other points during the battle). He also casts Gigaflare near the end, but that really doesn't do a whole lot of damage to your party.

Having these items equipped helps a LOT:
-Force shield (if you equip this on one of your characters and cast Float on them, they're virtually invincible)
-Ice shield (this will absorb any ice-based attacks Neo Shinryu throws at you, and it really comes in handy)
-Coral ring (I had these equipped on all of my party members. It'll absorb Neo Shinryu's Tidal Wave and nullify the effect of any Fire attacks he uses on you. The only downside is that it makes your party more vulnerable to Lightning attacks.)
-OPTIONAL: Hermes shoes (I didn't use these, but you can substitute them for Hastega)

Last edited:
ha i found both omega and shinryu to be nothing but jokes i beat him at al lvl 40 and one lvl 39 the where pretty easy if you know what you are doing

did you guys ever try casting mighty guard (im guessing you found it?)
its a blue magic spell very hard to find though

I tried Omega MKII recently; he was hard yet I found the original Omega harder...

Shinryu was a joke but Neo Shinryu... we were the jokes.

I beat Omega Mk. II lke this

Bartz: Free Lancer,Spellblade,Rapidfire
Ragnarok,Apocalypse(inside sealed temple)

Lenna: Mime,Dualcast,time,white

Krile:Freelancer,blue,White

Faris:Mime,Dualcast,black,summon

I only showed Bartz's weapons becuase there the only ones important(tho you may want to equip some flame sheild) What I did was keep on making Bartz defend(because if you hit it with its weakens through an attack, it heals itself)and I put up the usuall stuff. Then I I casted ruby light and reflected its weakness 5 times and then made bartz rapid fire with its weakens.

For Neo Shinryu, I had the same set up but Lenna had the Force sheild(HELPS SOOO MUCH)and Bartz with two Dragoon lances and Time and I just kept on using quick and Jump until it dies. You may want to watch out because when it dies, It uses Giga Flare and Meteor.

@ Cecil The Paladin
I think your talking about the ORIGINAL Omega and Shinryuu, everyone else is talking about Omega MKII and Neo Shinryuu, 2 bonus bosses on the GBA version.

I found that if you critical Neo Shinryuu (with the Dragon Lances or whatever) his invincibility dissipates. So I used:
Barts (freelancer) with rapid fire, spellblade, dragon lance and chicken knife (I had mastered both monk and thief, so it was the best weapon in the game)
Lenna with dualcast, black and white
Krile with dualcast, time and summon
Faris with rapid fire, blue, dragon lance and apocalypse.

After surviving the first barrage and casting flare sword with Barts, i just unloaded, with Barts attacking, Faris using holy water on him or attacking, Lenna healing and Krile using Neo's moments of vulnerability to pull off 5 Bahamuts (quick and dualcast). Dead.

I'm not sure if someone has already mentioned these strategies, but this is what I did (I was also LV70-80 at the time, though. :l)

Omega Mark II: Thunder spells are a blessing. They do massive damage. However, Black Mages are severely underpar in FFV. Sorcerers/Mystic Knights with Thunder 3/Thundaga Blade do wonders. I had Bartz and Krile, both dual-wielding, doing a good amount of damage to Omega Mark II. With my White Mage/Summoner, I had her buff the party, and then use Bahamut and Ramuh; heal when necessary.
My fourth member was a Blue Mage/Ranger, so I had them using White Wind if the going got tough, Mighty Guard (which is a nice replacement for a white mage buff), and Aero 3/Aeroaga.

Neo Shinryu: You can make this battle about 100x easier than it lets on. How? Neo Shinryu is susceptible to Berserk. If you Berserk it, it loses its ability to use all those devastating attacks. You just have to survive the initial round (which isn't too bad with Cure 3/Curaga or White Wind). Once Berserked, though, you pretty much turn it into a freakin' hulk; it'll be able to do 9999 per round to you. This is where a Summoner becomes imperative. You'll need them to be spamming Golem every round, and make sure they're Hasted. Golem will shield the team from the 9999 blows, but since it'll be taken down after one hit, you have to keep re-casting Golem. However, once you take away all 100% of its damaging magical moves, it becomes easy peasy.

Hope this helps!

@MagiMasher
Seems like you got lucky with the Thunder spells, because Omega MKII casts wall-change, which changes his elemental weakness. I didn't know Neo Shinryuu could be berserked, good find.

@MagiMasher
Seems like you got lucky with the Thunder spells, because Omega MKII casts wall-change, which changes his elemental weakness. I didn't know Neo Shinryuu could be berserked, good find.

I didn't even know about Wall-Change, since he never used it when I fought him. :L

Omega and Shinryu are WAY easier than people like to think. All you need are shell splits and $$toss, and voila, you're on your way to defeating both at around level 50 (perhaps lower). Way easier than, say, the Weapons in FFVII which absolutely require significant leveling up, or the final boss in FVIII that destroys those who refuse to go farming.

Shinryu only requires 3 shell splits from mixing turtle shells and antidotes to allow $$toss to do 8400 damage or so each time. With haste on, you don't even have to bother healing or reviving dead characters the beast is done so fast - just hit him six or seven times with the $$toss from each alive character. Omega takes a bit longer, and some healing (mixing potions and phoenix downs to receive the same effect as arise) after every counterattack - only attack one at a time, allowing yourself to recover from Omega's counters. Once you have your formula down, $$toss can take out just about anything with the right help from your Chemist abilities.

Don't waste your time collecting dragon lances or with sorcerer abilities that miss unless you are at a really high level. You could probably kill both at around level 40 (or even a bit lower) if you were really lucky with this technique.

I see alot of people who are talking about regular Shinyru and Omega.... rapid fire is some of the worst strategy you can hope to use on NEO shinyru. It shreds every other boss in ff5 pretty much, even Enuo. But not the bonus dungeon Neo Shinyru. His zombie powder counter to rapid fire shreds your party up. And if you waste the slots to equip angel rings then tidal wave will party wipe you. Besides, you've a better chance hitting him with normal attack than rapid fire, because of Neo Shinyru's invulnerable invisible dummy targets That soak up attacks that target all. Since a normal attack singles one, you will be hitting the real Shinyru more often, all you have to do is deal with his evade and toggled invulnerability, but not the dummy targets. Anyway following is a foolproof strategy that works every time, there is no need for luck, or other such nonsense.

foolproof strategy

I didnt feel like stealing dragon lances, and I hadn't killed Omega MK yet for the force shield. My characters were about lvl 65. All freelancers. I had coral rings equipped on everyone but Lenna (she had sorcerer's mantle and vishnu's vest) and ice shields on everyone but Bartz. Ribbons on everyone. Bartz I equipped with Apollo's Harp, which is why no ice shield. My strategy involved blue magic, white, time, and summon and mix And my damage dealer had Apollo harp. Bartz had time and mix, krile had Summon and blue, Lena was white and time, and Faris had mix and time.

Ok make sure u have about 15 elixirs and some dragon fangs and start the battle, give Faris masamune so she gets first go.

Cast quick, then hastega on the party and mix dragon power (dragon fang + potion) on bartz. Krile should be next and she casts mighty guard. Lenna should cast quick and hit neo shinyru with dispel and old if no healing needed. Bartz should cast quick and mix two dragon kisses (maiden kiss + dragon fang) and give them to krile and lenna (this makes them immune to maelstrom!) Ok settle into the battle, if bartz gets hit with a maelstrom ice breath/zombie breath combo either lenna can holy water curaga and/or arise or one of your two mixers can mix resurrection (potion + phoenix down). Use quick to maximize your turns.

Ok next get dragon shielding (ether+ dragon fang) on bartz and dragons kiss on bartz and faris. Krile is in the battle only to keep mighty guard and golem up, with the occasional white wind. Lenna is a healer and rezzer. Your mixers should get busy on the next phase, Goliath tonic (elixir + dragon fang) on everyone. This can be done in one turn of both bartz and Faris with quick. now your party should be level 90'ish thanks to dragon power, with 9999 hp each thanks to Goliath tonics, and bartz ice problem is fixed thanks to dragon shield, and maelstrom can't touch you (dragons kiss)! Mighty guard and golem take care of everything else.

You can now survive forever against Neo. Now let's get on the attack. Buff heal as necessary with the others and cast quick and normal attack X2 with Bartz. He'll do 9999 damage about half the time with the harp, and quick will insure when he does hit..He hits twice. Neo shinny will fall quickly, and his giga flare meteor suicide combo will only tickle thanks to all the tasty chemist buffs!

Back