Cloud vs. Lightning

hmm this is really tough but i'll have to go to cloud just because i feel lightnings whole idea was to be a tough heroine version of cloud.. Although i will admit everytime lighting put her little sword back in her sword pouch that she carried after every battle i got turned on..

Cloud.

He's got better summons, and he's stronger. And I normally don't vote Cloud. Lightning just seems like she's a good fighter with that...whatever the heck that weapon is xD

Well there is a way we can answer this question officially, DISSIDIA 012. So whadaya say, Zantetsuken vs. Omnislash?

lol

i would say cloud on one basis he has a huge mother f***ing buster sword where as light only has that gunblade which kinda sucks compared to the buster sword plus her magic isn't as good as what she mainly uses which is attack plus odin is basically the biggest dumbass of a summon ever i don't really like him never use him much and bahumat pretty much trumps all other summons in fact i kind of wish sora could summon it that would be f'ing epic

No way you all are fools no offence but lightning is a goddess she can use a special move called army of one in lightning returns and Meany more !

Cloud. Just more powerful over all, has more summons, upper-strength and he destroyed Sephiroth when he was younger, by grabbing his sword and tossing him into the lifestream.

plus if he fails, i would step in, kick lightning in her vag and help him out.

Oh man, a whole four years passed since post 28 . Still, the question is still valid today. I'd say Cloud though, because judging from Advent Children: Final Fantasy VII and the cut-scenes from Final Fantasy XIII, Cloud seems to have a bit more technique and is on his feet more. Plus I'd feel sick with disgust if any character from Final Fantasy XIII toppled a classic.

Lightning is my wifey, fuck Tifa, fuck Rinoa, fuck them all.. Claire is my girl :)
She's a goddess. One does not simply not love a goddess_

EDIT: this thread is not about my affection towards Lightning's fine ass, so to make it relevant..
Claire wins. Because she's a goddess. Demigods win by default :)

Last edited:
Well according to the Dissidia 012 Tier List Lightning trumps Cloud big time. Heavy sword; slow start up, slow finish...:hmm:

I can't speak for Lightning since i haven't seen her feats but if she can move as fast as Cloud or can tank his attacks she might have a chance, Cloud is massively hypersonic when he is performing his Omnislash whichever version and would literally Soulfuck every opponent who's speed, durability feats is lower than him.

(Every time i see Cloud in a versus battle such as this i still remember on how stupid that video on YT where Link beats the hell out of Cloud)

Well according to the Dissidia 012 Tier List Lightning trumps Cloud big time. Heavy sword; slow start up, slow finish...:hmm:

Dissidia is not even canon...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back