Dirge of Cerberus Cait Sith in DoC - Was this anyone elses favourite bit?

Dionysos

Βρεκεκεκὲξ κοὰξ κοάξ
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Veteran
Gil
Shiva Snowflake
Carlos el Cactuar
Chocobo Egg
Accessory (Arms)
Build-A-Member
Accessory (Head)
FFXIV
Polyphemos Bromios
FFXIV Server
Moogle
Free Company
KupoCon
SB discussion yesterday eating away at me and forcing me to make a thread! :gasp:

Did anyone else prefer the part where you got to play as Cait Sith and sneak about?

I'll admit now that I'm not a massive fan of the game, the story or Vincent, but I found it ok and enjoyable at the time that I played it. But the Cait Sith chapter is probably my most played chapter in the game (the only other one I ever really replayed was that one where you mount a turret on the back of a truck and shoot down dogs).

I thought it was great to give us the chance to control someone else for a while, and Cait Sith was one of those characters that NEEDED to be in that game just to lighten the mood. :awesome:

I liked the way Cait Sith and Reeve was one of the key characters in that game, and that weven got to play him.

Anyone else think the same?

NO i hated it

Anything that requires you to be even REMOTELY stealthy winds me up no end, I always get spotted, or impatient or both, I just want to be able to go in and kill shit, and when a game tells me I cant and FORCES me to sneak...ugh, I cant do it, it's one of those ocassions where I find myself constantly having to restart

I hate the cait sith parts ;_;

Ima have to agree with Kelly. Those parts were very annoying. Sometimes i would just go out and get caught on purpose out of anger. Stealth isnt one of my strong points in any game. Ocarina of time( zelda) had a part where i had to dodge hylian knights to get to zelda and i was epic fail. I dispised the cait sith parts, but cait sith did try to make it easier

I didn't mind it TBH all you had to do was just push barrels and hide, but then again you had to be slow which drags on and on. Sometimes it got abit too much. I much prefer Vincent bits than that. :monster:

I liked playing as Cait Sith, but I suck at anything that involves stealth. So, yeah, it got annoying after a while. Vincent's part were better. At least with him, you can fight back. With Cait Sith, you had to hide and push barrels just to get rid of an enemy.

I hated it. In the middle of a dark storyline and immediately after seeing a "cage" of people dying, the tone is lowered as you run around a reactor as a cat with the worst Scottish accent in the world. You couldn't do anything but hide and that is not why I wanted to play DoC. It was indeed a novelty but not one of which I was fond.

I will have to be perfectly honest. I cannot stand Cait Sith. Mostly because of the original VII, but the voice on top of my strong dislike for him didn't help. The first time I played as Cait Sith, to be honest, I almost stopped. It nearly ruined it for me. Granted, it is important to the game, but I would have been more than happy to simply hear about what that cat found in a cutscene of some kind. Vincent's parts were so much more fun.

I liked it! i mean, i liked the vincent parts more just cuz they went faster and u didnt hav 2 sneak around, but it was nice to be able to play another character for a while

I think at the time it was my favorite part. Plus, it was nice to get away from just shooting for a bit. And how you got to play as a different character, I liked that a lot. I usually hate minigames and the like, but this was okay. I had to try it three or four times to get it right though :mad:

I have to agree with Bambi, Kerrigan, and Aerineth, I couldn't stand it, I don't like the character, and his voice is annoying as all get out, and controlling the character felt retarded, I didn't like having it being forced on me at all. >_<

Are you joking?! I hated it. Cait Sith was weak in every aspect of the word, and the minute I saw that it was stealthy, I groaned. I could have gotten past, but being perfectionist, I had to try to get past them all undetected. But in the end, I actually couldn't do it, and left woithout getting past them all quietly. It was so hard. -__-

I wanted to jump in the game and let a DG soilder off me! Playing as Cait Sith was SOOOOOOOOOOO irritating! I usually get A's and S's on my missions--I FAILED that one! He CAN'T fight back AND he defense sucks? I mean come ON, there is only so much hiding you can do before you get caught.....And I got caught...A LOT! I was soooooo happy when fate finally decided to give me a break and I passed that level. ='___'=

Incorporating stealth levels in games where it's not signature is quite enjoyable, as far as I'm concerned. Refreshing, I guess? The lack of any real requirement for talent was probably the most irritating part for me, and the fact they gave him a useless attack command was the icing on that.

Still, I don't get disgruntled when this level comes up. There's something about pushing exploding barrells at people that humours me greatly. Moreso when it's a cat doing the pushing.

Hell no seeing cait sith drives me crazy how do you like cait sith in anything
That shows how bad cait sith was compared to other charcters.
In dcb he actually talked like a retard he sounded French!!!!
Final fantasy games don't have people that are French right?!?!?!

calis1000k.png
[/url]

Hell no seeing cait sith drives me crazy how do you like cait sith in anything
That shows how bad cait sith was compared to other charcters.
In dcb he actually talked like a retard he sounded French!!!!
Final fantasy games don't have people that are French right?!?!?!

[/url]

:D

Actually the voice actor, Greg Elis, is english (according to wikipedia) but I always thought he'd put on a scottish accent for Cait Sith.

And I like the character. Cait Sith is one of my favourite in FF7.. Then again I like all of them from FF7.

Back