Best Spell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
aura is the MOST useful spell in existence. it allowed me to spazz lionheart in VIII, allowing me to relitively easily beat the game

Gonna go for Haste, that one was usefull.

Holy for being a great overall ball buster. I could've gone for Ultima instead I guess, but Holy wins because of aesthetics alone. I find Aura to be the most useful of the lot, but find it overpowered, so it won't get my vote.

Because I have a thing for white magic, I'm gonna go for Holy.

I'm going to vote for Ultima. I always like to have a Black Mage in my team, and Ultima is one hell of a spell for them to damage with. It's almost game-breaking in FFVI.

aura is the MOST useful spell in existence. it allowed me to spazz lionheart in VIII, allowing me to relitively easily beat the game
What exactly does Aura do? I've heard several people mention it, yet i still have no idea what the spell actually does? Does it like put your characters in Limit Break mode like the whole battle or something?

Hastega. You become faster than your opponent and get more turns. With more turns you can deal more damage than one attack alone.

Hmm, seeing as how I don't know anything about Limit Breaks, I'll say Raise/Arise on undead monsters and Bahamur, both from FFIII. Also, the -ja spells from Ring of Fates cut down weak-point bosses fast.
However, when it comes down to it, using Hastega to make an ass out of foes is the greatest spell ever.

Last edited:
Oh i nominated haste but i forgot about aura :O

Absolutely aura, it was a life saver and being able to use your limits at any time was brilliant. It also made for a great stat junction.

Aura wins all the way! Creating a critical attack situation wins on so many levels. I could just keep casting Aura on Squall and just have a field day! Combined with Meltdown (another FFVIII exclusive spell, or I think anyways) and the enemies just won't make it, it would be a flawless victory (Mortal Kombat).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back