Best Battle System?

Status
Not open for further replies.
X, because it allowed one person to learn another person's techniques and the battle system was SIMPLE and turned based

X because it allowed you to easily plan ahead, and because it let you use all the characters.

Uh...you could use all your characters in XII?

XII's obviously. I hated the Sphere Grid, and how easy it was for you to sit there for ages planning an attack. I like something a bit more challenging...

I'm going to vote for FFX. I loved the battle system, it was engaging, unique and very very fun. FFXII was good also, but I thought it had a few little flaws which stopped it from being as good as it could have been.

Both were incredibly innovative systems though, so I'm glad the poll is between them two ^^

Yes.. i would have liked XII more, but you can almost easily cheat on every boss in the game! It's not very challenging like some of the other ones..

It's a hard choice but I'll have to go with FFXII, mainly because it's more realistic.
I mean, monsters don't take turns do they? They go ahead and kill you before you can say "Oh shit,". Not in FFX though. And it's a bit boring as well. Not much action going on, same old stuff.

So my vote goes to Final Fantasy XII, it seems.

I replayed X after playing X-2 and loooved it. It gives you time to plan (and it's your own fault if you sit there for ages), shows you who's going next - and something that I adored was that if you selected to Haste someone (but didn't, just had their name selected), it showed you how the turns would change.

X wins it for me.

I do love the FFXII gambit system, but it gets very complicated if you add a lot of gambits for a full party. FFX is just so easy and straight forward, the CTB gauge makes the battles a little less stressful. So I choose FFX.

I loved X's system. Very linear and simple, but still very fun. The planning also seemed to bring a tactical aspect. Some may say it made it boring or too unrealistic, but it's a fucking game, and a fantasy game at that! If the game has "Fantasy" in the title, should you expect the battle system or much of it to be realistic? Haha.

X

I loved how you could switch characters in battle and knowing when your next attack was gunna be really helped to plan a strategy for a battle.

It's a hard choice but I'll have to go with FFXII, mainly because it's more realistic.
I mean, monsters don't take turns do they? They go ahead and kill you before you can say "Oh shit,". Not in FFX though. And it's a bit boring as well. Not much action going on, same old stuff.

So my vote goes to Final Fantasy XII, it seems.

Well put! XII gets my vote too, it has it floors but its much more realistic. X's was still quite innovative though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back