Most Overlooked FF Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daenerys

The Last Dragon
Veteran
Gil
Which Final Fantasy do you believe doesn't get enough credit, and is worthy or being called the most overlooked?

FFIX, i think that it is THE most overlooked.... everybody here where i live hasnt even played it.

Probably FFV. People rarely talk about it at all. Even here. :gasp:

I think it's between FFIX and FFXII for me.

FFIX is a brilliant game, yet it doesn't have as many fans as it should. Kuja is a fascinating villain, and the storyline is beautiful and engaging.

FFXII is also a brilliant game, yet it gets far too much unfair criticism in my opinion because it tried something different.

I'm going to vote for FFIX though, simply because I enjoyed the storyline more.

So i'm assuming FFT is tactics... in which case that shouldn't even be on the list.. no offense to anyone that nominated it... correct me if im wrong here, but did tactics even have a storyline like the other FFs?

Umm, neither of those.
It's FFVI that's most overlooked.
I mean, such a great game never gets any spotlight. But we have spin offs by the dozens for other FF games that are totally bunk.

FFVI seriously needs a remake, and soon. Maybe with Dissidia FFVI will start getting more love from SQ-EN.

IX. people think that because it is not VII or VIII that its not cool and the fact that the characters look like babies, lol, is why they see it in the store and dont buy it

I'll say Tactics. It doesn't seem to have generated as much hype as the rest. I still remember, that in my region, IX was rather popular, and it feels almost like everyone has the game.

IX for sure. that game is near perfection to me. As for XII, imo its very average. Dull Characters and boring gameplay(ATB ftw). Still have yet to beat V, but i know its very good and defiantly underrated.

FFCC: RoF was the most overlooked. True, you sometimes fall through the floors, but the 400+ pieces of equipment plus the dude in Multiplay who dyes your hair allow for tons of customization, plus the Clavat chain combo is surprisingly flashy and effective.

So i'm assuming FFT is tactics... in which case that shouldn't even be on the list.. no offense to anyone that nominated it... correct me if im wrong here, but did tactics even have a storyline like the other FFs?

It has an extremely deep and interesting storyline. Which is why I'm voting for it. It seems that no one talks about it, and just kind of pushes it aside. When, infact it had a very epic storyline, and very good characters.

FFIX i always hear it gettin bashed sayin that its too childlike with the grapics etc but to me its one of the best.

People don't seem to mention FFXII very much. FFIX is pretty overlooked too, but hardcore FF'ers will always promote it and I like FFXII better anyway. So FFXII it is with FFIX a close 2nd.

IX as I think i overlooked it orginally, I played it religiously when it came out, got flu for 3 weeks so couldn't do anything except moan in my bed so didn't play it. then sorta finished it quickly. But on my 2nd playthrough recently I really enjoyed it all over again, and clearly didn't appreciate it first time around!

Note: Haven't played V of Tactics so possibly they should win as I have overlooked them, til now!

Definately FFV for me.

FFIX and FFXII, while people feel they are overlooked, actually have quite a large fanbase. There are lots of fans of these two games. FF Tactics is also loved by many and has a batch of fans of its own too, or at least is admired by FF players.

It is rare to find an FFV fan, I think we only have a few on this site. So my vote goes to FFV as there isn't a significant fanbase for this game, and I honestly don't think the game is that bad at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back