Best Graphics for its time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
VII, considering it was 1997. And most games I knew looked like crap back then. :gasp: I gasped when I first saw the FMVs in VII.

first one with realistic preportioned characters and the fmvs were beautiful. got my vote.it had the best graphics of any game i knew at the time:)

XII's were pretty damn awesome for a PS2 game.

Easily FF VIII.

IX looked phenomenal for a Playstation game, but when it was released, the PS2 was already out. FF VII wasn't really all that impressive. The battle sequences looked good, but the rest of the game didn't look great by any stretch of imagination. Not even for the time. X looked good, but not considerably better than other contemporary titles. XII? The adjustable camera angles were nice, but apart from that, it actually looked WORSE than X did. The low polygon count made it look a bit PS1 to be honest, and that's just not good enough for a game released so long into the life time of the PS2.

FFIX

It was a huge step up from VIII i thought. The characters had a lot more detail on their faces and clothes etc, for a ps1 game it was superb.

FFIX for the same reasons as Lew stated.

Graphically FFIX is my favourite FF of them all because I prefered the painted / arty backdrops to 3d scenery. I found it fantastic to look at.

FFIX also had the best character models etc than any other of this type imo. I really loved the graphics of this game when I first played it. They blew me away.

FFVII is a close second as for its time the graphics were outstanding.

I went with FFVIII for this because the characters were human like (proportional and not as cartoon-looking) and the GF summon animations were really awesome for their time as well. FFX and FFXII are also really awesome, but I think those were more expected.

the cutscenes in VIII were amazing. a huge advance from VII and the characters looked so lifelike for the first time.

VIII gets me vote!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back