Best Overall FF Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daenerys

The Last Dragon
Veteran
Gil
Well, the nominations were counted, and those with two or more nominations will be included in this thread ^^

Which FF Game do you think is the Best Overall?

IX. VII was good, but the pace was rather slow at times, and the storyline took a slight dive towards the end.

This was difficult for me, since the five Final Fantasy games in the poll are my favourite five. However I'm going to vote for FFVII. It has everything, a love story, a brilliant battle system, a fascinating villain and a superb storyline. The others may all have elements of this, but FFVII does them the best, in my opinion.

FFX was a very very very close second, as it also has everything. But FFVII is just that little bit more special in my opinion.

Kira said it better than Prometheus. XD. Idk how that works out but it sounds good to me.
This is treason to the motherland!! :gasp: but yeah fine i will explain my choice a little better... i chose FFVII because it brought the 3-D graphics to FF, the storyline was amazing, the characters were amazing.. everything was AMAZING.. except ruby weapon..........

Where is FFIV !? Oh well, that means I'll vote for VIII.
ER WOT? NO VIII? ...Damn. Close call between IX and VI... but IX is just the first FF I played, and it's absolutely awesome. I don't have anything with VII, it's a great game, I just like IX better. So it's IX for me.

It's between 7 and 9 for me.

VII was good, but the pace was rather slow at times, and the storyline took a slight dive towards the end.

^ My thoughts exactly. FF7 is still a close one though.

FF9 pretty much excelled in all aspects. Graphics-wise, the FMVs were way beyond its time. The characters' appearance, motives and stories were well thought of and were each presented at some point. It comes together so well. The abilities were simple but effective. Uematsu outdid himself on the soundtrack. The side-quests, the airships, the cities... It was all very, very good. :gasp:

Hands down, it's gotta be FFVII.

Best over all storyline, characters, villains, and music score.

Then it's FFX.

where is VIII!? well then, VII because the story was perfect and the charaters were good and believable and the game was just great

All three of my favorite FFs are up there; FFVI, FFVII, and FFX. I guess I'll vote for FFVI since no one else has. :gasp:

It was going to be between VI and VII for me... But since VII is already voted for by loads of others I went with VI.

I loved the characters, the music, the humour, the story, the villains, the overall design of the game.

Fantastic game.

Well, the nominations were counted, and those with two or more nominations will be included in this thread ^^
I guess that means I'm the ONLY person to nominate FFVIII. And to boot, FFVIII won the Forum Elimination Battle, very strange. Anyways, with the games on the ballot, I'll go with FFX. It's my 2nd favorite, but definitely the game I know most about besides FFVIII.

FFVII, FFIX, and FFX are all very close to me. I may have to tie FFX and FFIX with FFVII a close second. I know some fanatics for FFVII may think I'm retarded, but I didn't think it was just as great as many said. I loved it, don't get me wrong. Just not the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back