Yiazmat

Ramiel

Blue Octahedron of Doom
Gil
Did you bother beating Yiazmat? How much did it take you? How hard was the battle for you? Discuss.

As for me, it took me ~6 hours. It was all fun & games.... until he hit HP Critical. He started scoring 10-Hits every attack >_> and my party only spent their time healing and buffing. But I removed most of the buff gambits and then he slowly, but surely, died.
My setup? Basch with Koga Blade (I was too lazy to get Orochi or Darkblade), Fran with Fomalhaut+Dark Shot and Ashe with the Tournesol. When he got DMG Cap at 6999 I switched Koga with Masamune and when he got HP Critical I switched Masamune with Tournesol and Ashe was wielding Ragnarok (She was mostly healing anyway).
Heh.
Now I need to beat Omega :/

When I fought him I came in the battle unprepared. I got him maybe 4 or 5 bars down before I saved and put the game down.

My friend came up from Flordia and he liked FF12 but hasn't played the whole story. I told him I had a fight to see if he could prove his worthy. I handed him the controler and guided him to yiz.

Funny thing is after a few mins playing it he decided to redo all the gambits and he protected himself from all negative status yizzy gives and also kept Berserk on the character holding the Tournesol.

Yizamat went down after some odd hour, and the next day we trailed to the great crystal to see Omega.

Last edited:
quit boring fight imo but it was a very awesome encounter. The fight was very easy and simple in the beginning and my gabits did all the work. All I did then was switch out different healers when ones mp got to low. At the end last couple bars of HP he starts one hitting like crazy and it gets insane. I think I had to use a lower level character, since i only leveled 3 characters to max level, to quickly use a PD cause i was totally wiped out. Its been awhile but im know I one shotted him. There reviving him in FF 13. lol

Last edited:
Wooh, Yiazmat. First playthrough, ~5 hours. I'm playing the game again, and this time I'm gonna try to kill him in an hour (currently preparing). Apparantly it's possible. While fighting Yiazmat the first playthrough, he really took me by surprise. I just thought that it was a longer Hell Wyrm fight (no sweat) until I was killed over and over by Cyclone and Death Strike.

The Ultimania Omega strategy was fairly complicated, and I didn't want to Abysteel the shit out of myself until 99. But I did however manage to obtain some advice from it. Like equipping a Shell Shield when someone gets targeted by Death Strike.
On a side note, I didn't use any Decoy/Reverse cheapness.

I Have done in less than an Hour but its unbeleavably hard. I hated this thing. At first like Lordeternal I thought it was just a longer Hell wyrm.......

I did bother beating him. It was quite a long fight. At first I had buffs like haste and bravery and everything went smoothly. But when he hit HP critical, it was ridiculous. Cyclone wiped my party on two ocassions, so I had to use my reserves and flee for my life, go save and heal, enter arena again, debuff him first and continue hacking away at his HP.

I found that it was essential, to turn your buffing gambits off when he reeached a certain HP threshold, otherwise you'll just get destroyed.

Did you bother beating Yiazmat? How much did it take you? How hard was the battle for you? Discuss.

As for me, it took me ~6 hours. It was all fun & games.... until he hit HP Critical. He started scoring 10-Hits every attack >_> and my party only spent their time healing and buffing. But I removed most of the buff gambits and then he slowly, but surely, died.
My setup? Basch with Koga Blade (I was too lazy to get Orochi or Darkblade), Fran with Fomalhaut+Dark Shot and Ashe with the Tournesol. When he got DMG Cap at 6999 I switched Koga with Masamune and when he got HP Critical I switched Masamune with Tournesol and Ashe was wielding Ragnarok (She was mostly healing anyway).
Heh.
Now I need to beat Omega :/
Good job, at least one person can laugh about it:kelly:. I hope you were able to get it all done at one time. Yazzy gave me absolute hell, a half month ago you could still see the dark circles under my eyes from a 24 hour marathon fueled by Red Bull, Pizza Bites, and an eye-opening device á la A Clockwork Orange. Where the hell is a pack of suicidal Bombs when you need one?

Last edited:
When I left off last faving Yiazmat I had put about 2 1/2 hours into the fight I believe. I have him down to about 12 million HP left. His attacks aren't too bad since my Gambits are set up fairly good, but he's beginning to attack quicker and quicker on my main party.

As long as I have 2 steady strong attackers and a really good healer back running around and saving lives, I'm good to go. I'm hoping as soon as I can fire up FFXII next time I head home on vacation, I can knock him out.

Reactions: Rey
When I fought him, he was about to die (1 bar left) And then he used his cyclone attack and killed my party when he had about a tenth of his last bar left! Since then, I haven't fought him. I gave up. Don't want to do it again for fear of starting over again.

This is what im dreading the absolute MOST in this game....

that fifty million hp just stands off the page haha

yiazmat

just wondering how many people have defeated yiazmat and how long it took them. (im still fighting it with 27/50 bars and ive lost track of how long its taking)

I've never killed yiazmat............But I heard it's one of the strongest boss in the FF series..........So my advice would make the people in your party of three at least level 90 and equip them with their ultimate weapon.

Oh yeah and good luck..........even with maxed out stats the battle could take ages

With two Masamunes you can do it in an hour or so. Thus going for that second Masamune is a good investment. For the fight, you can take most of his HP away by having chatracters in critical status, equiped with the Masamune, one paired with genji Gloves, and Berserked.
The other party member should kite Yazmat with Decoy and Reverse him/ herself.

I don't know if you're aware, but you can leave the colosseum where the fight is and save and come at anytime. So no worries about abandoning the fight halfway, because Yazmat won't recover health and you don't need to do it in one sitting.

What Discordius said is true. But he will recover health if Yiazmat finishes casting all his buffs. So if you're going to heal and cast buffs, do it outside the colosseum because if you're gonna do it inside, He will cast all buffs including regen which can recover almost 1 bar of his health. That happened to me on my first battle which took almost 6 hours.

I'm gonna give him a go soon..........I'll time myself..........against silvercrowe 2 hours and 3 minutes....................Wasn't this the hardest boss in the FF series?

I'm sure I heard that somewhere can anyone confirm it?

Back