Yiazmat

I'm gonna give him a go soon..........I'll time myself..........against silvercrowe 2 hours and 3 minutes....................Wasn't this the hardest boss in the FF series?

I'm sure I heard that somewhere can anyone confirm it?

To be exact.. Its. 2:03:27

And I think Yiazmat is considered to be the hardest because of his HP. Any other secret boss in the series could take less than an hour or less than 30 minutes but yiazmat? It will take you at least an hour or so to take him down.

hmmm need to check this up..........Yes he probably does have the most hp...........Yiazmat HP:50112254 :gasp: Tried to kill it yesterday FAILED!.................but the HP amount on him is astonishing...........What were SE thinking?

So I just spent the last 3 or so hours fighting this dude and had him about where the o is in the word "weapon" in the battle description....... and I unfortunately died. Could've been avoided easily but my stubbornness got in the way and proved to be my cause of death.

Though, right now I'm in no rush to beat this guy, I may never do it, I don't know. I don't feel like there's enough of a reason to fight him. I won't deny I'm a little upset but I also have a strong sense of emptiness. He's not difficult, he's not challenging, he's DEFINITELY not fun, just incredibly long. I don't feel like there's anything to achieve out of the fight. Honestly, I feel very let down by this.

^ It really is much like that, I found, too. Sure, you get the Badge and all that, but for it to be of any use, you need the other two anyway, which would still take a while to obtain, considering even getting to the necessary areas/obtaining the right items takes a good hour or more to get to, then there's the actual process of catching 10 of the fish/defeating Omega Mark XIII, which in the end, only combine to give you a mediocre blade, at best. For the sake of a challenge, sure, but otherwise, Yiazmat had very little appeal.

Now, moving on to how I did it... I had Vaan, Ashe and Penelo equipped with Darkblade+Genji Gloves, Ragnarok and Golden Axe, respectively. The only equipment change was Vann to the Masamune later on in the battle, and of course the Windbreakers to halve the Cyclones that Yiazmat insisted on spitting out ever so frequently. Tactically, I just went for curing Gambits over all else, then forcing attacks at times that healing really wasn't as necessary as the Gambit made it seem to be, then Bubble Belts on the other two, while having a constant cast of Bubble onto Vaan, as well as Haste whenever I could, but it was only probably about 3/4 of the way into the battle that I tried and succeeded with using Berserk on Vaan constantly, as well.

I hated Yiazmat, he kept killing me over and over with his Cyclone moces and such. Took me hours, I didn't need to count the hours, I just know that it was a lot >_<

My party was equipped well, and I had shell on the party so Death Strike missed quite a few times, but when he killed my main party and I was forced to switch to my secondary party (who are under-leveled). They die really quick, so I had Fran revive my main party and then I made Penelo start blasting him with Mist charges. Then they died. Back to my main. Revive them. It's a cycle that doesn't work out too well, cause my secondary party would have ran out of MP and I'd rely on Phoenix Downs.
And then you get pronounced the best Hunter ever, hooray, but that's it. He's a pretty pointless battle, kind of like Earth Tyrant. But hey, if you want the title, go out there and kill him. As for me, I'm never fighting Yiazmat again, I have better things to do :dead:

^ It really is much like that, I found, too. Sure, you get the Badge and all that, but for it to be of any use, you need the other two anyway, which would still take a while to obtain, considering even getting to the necessary areas/obtaining the right items takes a good hour or more to get to, then there's the actual process of catching 10 of the fish/defeating Omega Mark XIII, which in the end, only combine to give you a mediocre blade, at best. For the sake of a challenge, sure, but otherwise, Yiazmat had very little appeal.

Now, moving on to how I did it... I had Vaan, Ashe and Penelo equipped with Darkblade+Genji Gloves, Ragnarok and Golden Axe, respectively. The only equipment change was Vann to the Masamune later on in the battle, and of course the Windbreakers to halve the Cyclones that Yiazmat insisted on spitting out ever so frequently. Tactically, I just went for curing Gambits over all else, then forcing attacks at times that healing really wasn't as necessary as the Gambit made it seem to be, then Bubble Belts on the other two, while having a constant cast of Bubble onto Vaan, as well as Haste whenever I could, but it was only probably about 3/4 of the way into the battle that I tried and succeeded with using Berserk on Vaan constantly, as well.
Why did you have the Golden Axe equipped? Not that it matters now but I'm curious, 2 handed weapons would surely be best from the start both because of their higher damage (especially in the advantage of an axe's inconsistency) and because of their comboing ability.

I'd rather have gone with higher, inconsistent hits as opposed to lower hits. Plus Penelo was doing other things a lot of the time, anyway, so she wasn't vital to damaging Yiazmat, really.

I still need to beat one more rank VII mark before he'll appear. Which I think will be the Behemoth King. I did the Hell Wyrm, which compared to the Behemoth King (which I tried 4 -5 levels ago) was easy...Don't understand that one..

I have beaten him twice, it starts off easy but starts to get full on before he dies. Yagu Darkblade are great.

Most people do the weak ones...

I still need to beat one more rank VII mark before he'll appear. Which I think will be the Behemoth King. I did the Hell Wyrm, which compared to the Behemoth King (which I tried 4 -5 levels ago) was easy...Don't understand that one..

like Behemoth King early on and save the worst ones..like Zodiark, Omega and Yiazamat for last.

The man issue with Yiazamat is the amount of time it takes..hours..to beat him.

I'm fighting this beast right now, I wanna ask what if I fought him halfway thru, and I went to save and then off the console, will he regain health when I go back to him?

I had a game using the Collector's Edition. (Long story.. it was erased.)

I got him HP Crit many times. Never survived after that.

Meh.. I can't play because I'm over the game. (Even if I got another collector's edition.)

And... kinda. You can come back and he'll have two bars removed from his HP, but nbe mostly restored. (If you run off and quick like revive your main characters.*)

*Collector's Edition only, maybe. I've never tried Yiz in the regular version. (Which I have and got burned out playing.)

Last edited:
I revive this thread from the dead, only to express how aggrevated I was facing this ridiculously stupid boss way back when. (Unreasonable HP, anyone?)

Anyway, I was well prepared the first time I faced it, or so I thought. Then I realized it was weak against the Dark element, but it was tough even then. Then I realized Decoy was an amazing spell. :lew:

Beat Yiazmat once. Didn't find it hard. Just a marathon really. About 2.5 to 3 hours it took me. Don't know how some of you did it in an hour lol

May or may not fight her again someday. After it was over I was feeling like "No need to ever do it again".

But I say that about Zelda 2 a lot and always eventually go back.

I couldn't imagine someone beating it in an hour, heck even 2 or 3. I know when my maxxed out guys (and gals) were pummeling the beast for max damage each hit, I still was struggling to keep everyone alive, cast status ailments, cure ailments against my party, and still try to run around Yiazmat so he couldn't annihilate my crew in one devastating swoop of a punch. (or tail-swing, whatever he did to cause a wipe-out)

I think of course it can be done, most likely some crazy Japanese gamers who dedicate their lives to these challenges, but this lowly American gamer (Busta-bust), couldn't even come close to doing it that fast.

I couldn't imagine someone beating it in an hour, heck even 2 or 3. I know when my maxxed out guys (and gals) were pummeling the beast for max damage each hit, I still was struggling to keep everyone alive, cast status ailments, cure ailments against my party, and still try to run around Yiazmat so he couldn't annihilate my crew in one devastating swoop of a punch. (or tail-swing, whatever he did to cause a wipe-out)

I think of course it can be done, most likely some crazy Japanese gamers who dedicate their lives to these challenges, but this lowly American gamer (Busta-bust), couldn't even come close to doing it that fast.

Depends on the gambits you used mostly.

If you were abusing Reverse and Decoy gambits and had lots of Megalixirs, you were usually fine. But it took forever even so.

Reverse and Decoy broke the game in a lot of ways

when the damage cap shifts to 7999 or 6999 or whatever, Having 3 Yagru Darklades comboing was a big Plus.

Depends on the gambits you used mostly.
That was one of the things it would take me forever to understand: the Gambit system. It wasn't too bad once you played it for a while and got the hang of it all, but for the Yiazmat fight, having it set up almost a precise way, was a necessity. I know you were constantly going deep into the 9th and 10th levels of your characters' gambits because he was hitting with so much and putting up such a huge defense it was crazy. Still gotta mark this off my FF bucketlist someday.

Back