[FF IX] Favourite Couple in The Game?

Zidane/Garnet. But why don't you have Quina/Vivi on that list? They had an interesting relationship.

Im going to go ahead and make up a couple. Im gonna have to say Quina and Queen Brahne. They make a perfect match.

1. They both love to eat.
2. You don't know what gender either of them are.
3. I hate 'em both.

hahahaha! That is a good one I never thought of that but it would be a great match! :D

I went with Dagger and Zidane I fine them both so cute everything about them just makes me smile :D

I liked Zidane and Garnet's romance a lot. It did not overwhelm the plot as much as the romance in FFVIII, but felt more developed somehow.

I definitely thought Steiner and Beatrix were the sweetest couple, though I did think Zidane and Dagger's bit at the ending was very well done. SteinerxBeatrix had that cute nervous thing going on, with a bit of silliness, and it was cool to see two hardened warrior-types falling in love like that :D Also FreyaxFratley was a really touching story, but because it didn't exactly give a warm fuzzy feeling I chose not to vote for it :/

I guess nobody thought of this one, but... My favorite was Vivi and Eiko. ^_^- I mean, it's tied for favorite, at least (with the other one being Zidane/Garnet). Eiko is so pushy and Vivi is so timid--they both can cause plenty of trouble, though. I think they'd be adorable together! Does anyone else think so too?

GarnetxZidane and SteinerxBeatrix tied. :ryan:

Garnet and Zidane grow together in the game. Towards the beginning, Zidane is a flirtateous, slightly disrespectful, boy. Garnet, on the other hand, is a naive princess: she's selfish, thoughtless and expects a little too much from others. As they journey together, they learn from one another. Zidane develops strong feelings for Garnet and learns about the importance of respect. When Garnet is in a state of distress in disc 3, he's very sensitive. At first, he tries to cheer her up by tentatively mentioning their date. He uses old jokes, but he's more careful; I would argue he doesn't flirt but instead reminisces about the event. When Garnet doesn't respond, he doesn't press her as he would have in disc 1. Instead, he lets her mourn in peace, but there's a silent agreement that he's there if she needs him. Garnet understands this and demonstrates that she, too, has grown. She doesn't over-react and get offended. She realises that Zidane is trying to comfort her in his own way. For this, she's grateful.

Steiner and Beatrix already have a history. I believe they have had feelings for one another for years. The events in Final Fantasy IX merely help to bring these feelings to the surface. Watching the two struggle to understand their love for one another is adorable. Here we have two physically strong, mentally trained knights. 'Love' is perhaps a bit alien to them as they have distanced themselves from others in order to fulfil their duty. However, neither of them can escape their emotions.

Eiko and Zidane. Haha best cutscene in the game was that dirty look Eiko gave Garnet as Zidane swung them to safety after the rescue from castle Alexandria.

Steiner And Beatrix its really a great couple. I really think that this couple is made for each other type . This one is the best them all. Another people in competition are nothing in front of them.they got grace, charm every thing in them

Freya and Fratley. Those moments were pieces of brilliant story telling......to the op, how the hell didnt you know FREYA wasn't a girl!!! lmao!!!

When I was younger favorite pairing in the game was Vivi and Eiko. I thought based on their interactions they had potential to become a cute couple as they gotten older.
Now when I look back, I lean more towards Freya and Amarant. Now granted they're not really a couple, but I really wished FF9 explored a little more with this pair. Both characters seemed to have had a tough past at one point in their lives, and I believe the two could and would be able to pull strength from one another and help balance the other out. Then again that's just me. :p
But I do like Zidane x Garnet and Steiner x Beatrix as well.

i didnt vote on the poll because the option i want isnt there. the sexual tension between eiko and vivi was quite intense i thought. you could tell she wanted a grand old pounding but he was too shy to experiment with the positions she liked. steiner and beatrix were quite good too because you just knew that there was more chance of her raping the shit out of him than the other way round. she definitely wears the trousers.

Freya/Fratley. I still kinda think it was a real bastard move by square to never have his previous memories restored. I seriously sympathized with Freya.

Zidane and Garnet, hands down.

I mean they are the main characters, why wouldn't they be the best couple?

Garnet is proper and disciplined while Zidane is goofy and charmful. Throughout the game I've fan-girled their relationship so hard

When she becomes Queen and Zidane falls into depression is the sweetest thing EVAH. C'mon :jess: he then, realized how important she was to him.

Zidane and Dagger is one of my top Final Fantasy romances. I think only Tidus and Yuna come out on top, possibly cos they're actual adults. I always think of FF9 being the perfect happy-ending for a love story and FFX being the perfect sad ending.

Quina and Vivi

MOD EDIT: Please do not self-promote in discussion threads and keep self-advertising to its proper section. For example, fan art can be displayed in Luca. Please note the Luca guidelines before posting. ~Nazca

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-09-17 at 7.33.10 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-09-17 at 7.33.10 AM.png
    269.8 KB · Views: 147
Last edited by a moderator:
Back