[FF IX] Favourite Couple in The Game?

Steiner/Beatrix would be my favs - they are just funny - and I love how the story brought it up.

As for perfect pairing - certainly Zidane/Garnet.

IMO We didn't get to see enough of Freya/Fratley, and that's a shame cuase that could have turned out to be a really romantic tale.

Freya and Fratley is by far my favorite. While yes, we didn't see much of them, the storyline behind them and the final resolution was probably the most powerful. She searches everywhere for him, and then when she finally finds him, she learns he's developed amnesia and can remember just about nothing about anyone, including himself. But despite all of this, at the very end
he rekindles his love with Freya, learning to love again despite the fact that he still could not remember their past.
This shows that even in the face of the greatest difficulties, love can transcend even memory, bringing together two people who were, in their hearts, were meant to be together.

Steiner and Beatrix are by far my favourite couple in FFIX. They're both interesting characters, and I genuinely believe Beatrix was initially meant to become a permanently playable character. It's a shame that she wasn't, but I suppose she'd have been too similar to Steiner by the end of the game. The pair fighting together to defend Alexandria is brilliantly done.

Freya and Fratley are my second choice. There's just something about tragic love that I like. It's especially satisfying to know it worked out in the end.

Zidane and Dagger they are a perfect match.

Mod Edit: I'm sure you can throw in some reasons into this post, otherwise this is considered spammy. =]

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd have to say Zidane and Garnet. I love how Zidane was chasing her throughout the whole game with complete cockiness and was never shy to admit how he felt for her! The end scene where
she runs and jumps into his arms and punches him and he just holds her says it all.
Although I too loved the story between Freya and Sir Fratley, it really is a shame we didn't get to see more going on there.

Zidane and Garnet, their relationship is so darn cute and sweet. Zidane's so cocky and such a ladies man, and then you have the innocent princess Garnet... ahh, a perfect couple on top of an amazing game. And I love the thought of a thief and a princess... how rebellious :P

Zidane and Garnet are adorable!!!
My Favourite hetro Couple ever. I also kind of like Eiko and Zidane but only because it makes Garnet feel awkward <3

I wish you put Quinna and Vivi as a pairing too (remember when they got married?) because its hilarious and they're technically a married couple, but oh well!

I'm with everyone else, an option for Vivi and Quina would have been awesome. Man, I laughed so hard throughout that scene.

i have to say dagger and zidane.. because they seem to kid around sometimes like at the summoners village when zidane says he gets clingy when he needs a shoulder to cry on... mainly cause they seem well together

Wow, here's digging up an old topic.

Usually in FF games I'm not a big fan of the main character falling into a love-spell with a female counter-part, but in this one, I see it different with Zidane and Garnet. Instantly she puts trust in him to help her escape and be on her own and become her own women apart from Queen Brahne's rule. When Zidane see's that sort of damsel in distress situation, he jumps right at it.

Garnet sticks with him through the easy and the rough times throughout the game. Even the playful ass-smack in the beginning, to the part at the end where Zidane comes up on stage. It's actually a pretty cute (can't believe I just said that) part of the game.

Where is the Eiko and Vivi option? I really adore them, my favorite characters in the game. You should have that added to the poll if you can. :busta:

Other than that couple, I enjoy Dagger and Zidane, very cute together. Zidane can say some pretty funny things (though sometimes he says some dumb things) and Dagger is actually believable to be "with" Zidane, plus all those romantic scenes like (SPOILER!)
when you rescue Dagger from her mom and the two clown-things.

I loved seeing Zidane "chasing" Garnet throughout the game, it's very sweet in a sort of horny-mouse-ratty way! I liked seeing how Garnet came around to him in the end and how she fell in love with him... All the hugs and comforting, oh it's very sweet. :x3:

I liked how Steiner and Beatrix paired, because they both had a thing for each other, but how it was revealed was purely incidental.
And they are soldiers nonetheless.

I wasn't too big a fan of Freya and Sir Fratley, just because it was kind of, well, depressing. If I was Freya, I would've kicked him in the face. You know them legs got some power in them..
Didn't Freya and Amarant have a thing? Not sure, figured I'd ask.

hmmmm have to say zidane and garnet because at the start of the game zidane is just trying to chase her down cuz she's a girl... but slowly throughout the game you see the two of them fall in love with eachother.. and the ending scene where
zidane acts in the play and then shows himself and asks for garnet at the end of the play
was soooooooooooooooo sweet this thread is now making me wana play ffix again

I'm one of the only few here who likes VivixEiko? Ah, well...

Besides that pairing though, I also (like basically everyone else) liked ZidanexGarnet. Their development throughout the game was just fantastic. Funny at times, then romantic in the other times.

The whole Steiner and Beatrix thing I never saw coming
until when they both found the love letter and thought it was from the other
is what instantly got me sold for the pairing.

I especially loved that one little tease Zidane gave him in the later parts of the game, something along the lines of: "Quite the woman you have there! ;P"

BlankxRuby was also okay.

Didn't Freya and Amarant have a thing? Not sure, figured I'd ask.

Believe it or not, I actually kind of hoped this pairing would happen.

I don't think a kick in the face would have solved his amnesia. How would you like to come out of an unconscious state and remember absolutely nothing about who you are, where your from or anything at all? Besides,
they ended up back together despite this tragedy
, and I believe Freya only had respect for Amarant, nothing more.

Mine would Zidane and Garnet, I loved their development throughout the game and it was so cute ^_^

I do like Blank and Ruby too though and Vivi and Eiko were cute

Back