Terra
Cloud Strife
FFXIV
Shu
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Untitled-3-2.png

Hey Folks,

Since we have a non-discussion gamer score thread here , I think most of us would like to make some additional commentary on the side. This will make the mods job a bit easier in keeping out the side comments with your gamer cards on the other thread. So throw down on how you went about getting your gamerscore, and what you intend to do to get more. Just remember this is healthy competition!

And if you do have a low gamerscore and have any questions on how to reach a certain achievement. Go for it! As for me, I'm pretty low as opposed to some people I know online who are already into the 100,000's.

So here I go:

I really fell off on the whole gamer score rush because of the multiplayer games. They really made it hard in Gears of War and Halo3 and such. They made it so you have to get 100 kills for every weapon achievement (gears of war), and in Halo they have things like "get 2 kills with 1 shot of the spartan lazer in Lone Wolf." I can easily take out one person, but no body rides 2 person plus to a vehicle, then it is really hard to get this achievement. I love the single player ones, and do try my hardest to get that first 1000 points. So that's where I am at today, I will get achievements that are primarily not a waste of my time. I don't go out of my way to rent games like my buddy DaRabidDuckie (coworker) at work does. You will see me go any where from 10 points in a week to 700. All depends what game I am playing at the time.

In the future I am going to think about getting quite a bit of games, maybe even starting gamefly to just get gamer points and such. I do love those achievements =).

Image above by: Mercurial

Last edited:
Thanks for making the thread. =]

I'm not posting my gamercard yet until I have at least reached 1,000 gamerpoints. xD So far I have 700 something. I need more games...but I think Infinite Undiscovery will let me gain quite a lot of achievements. I only have 5-7 achievements left for The Last Remnant, and I'm definitely getting those. I gain around 20-30 points every 2-3 weeks or so, which isn't much. But last night I did get 125 points just for completing the first Disc of Lost Odyssey, which was kinda riduculous (as much as I love getting those points) because I could've gone through the first disc in just a day or two if I hadn't grinded or do any of the sidequests. I was surprised it ended that quickly. 30-50 points would have sufficed, but hey, 125 it is then. :D

Anyway, that Leaderboard is a pain to update. I can't find a 4-star icon...but yeah, it's now updated since I did it last night.

And good luck trying to beat Enrage The Sky! (For those who are competitive enough).

No update on the leaderboard yet. :hmm: Ive been playing Xbox alot lately.

There we go, finally updated thanks to Ryan. =] I recently bought Soul Calibur 4 so I'm getting quite a few achievements outta that.

My brothers getting his Xbawks 360 on Thursday for his b-day so I should have a gamertag on the day or sometime around it. I'm coming to get you Adri!!! :awesome:

Ok updated. I know I've been slacking with this, but it's such a pain to update especially when a member surpasses someone's scores...it ruins the whole line-up and makes updating such a chore. If it's changing score numbers, that's easy though.

Ryan you can dream about passing me in Gamerscore xDDD. Im almost OVER 9000! XDDDDD. Just got Blazblue and Kof Xii yesterday and I got some G in them.

Obviously not anytime soon :wacky:
Maybe around Christmas, my brother will have FIFA10 by then which I'll get at least 900G on and I'll get it on the PS3 for myself and I'll know exactly what to do :ryan:
I still have a few hundred I can get out of Fable II and nearly all the ones out of the Last Remnant, if not all. Then I could get another 700/800 out of both FIFA08 and PES08. Then I also have Star Ocea:TLH, Lost Odyssey and Star Wars:TFU to come in the post :awesome:

Sports games take no skill for acheivements Ryan. So if we have another competition your sports games wont count :awesome: You bought LO? :awesome: I has it too. Im on the last disc. Stuck for 2 and a half months on a boss.

Sports games take no skill for acheivements Ryan. So if we have another competition your sports games wont count :awesome: You bought LO? :awesome: I has it too. Im on the last disc. Stuck for 2 and a half months on a boss.

I loathe that statement :brooding: admittedly some of them don't take a lot of skill such as scoring 5 and 20 goals in the arena and switching from one flank to another on FIFA09 but one's like reaching legendary status for club and country and online ones obviously take skill :ahmed:
I wouldn't really use FIFA for competitions anyway other than the easy ones that might get me 100/200G max, a lot of the achievements are far too time consuming and I still wouldn't be able to get all 1000G in the 3 weeks worth >_>

As for LO, I'll beat that boss in my first try, you're obviously just rubbish :ahmed:

Lost Odyssey is hard Ryan dont underestimate it! Also Ill love to see you try and 1000G Star Ocean like me xDDDD. Its going to take a lonnnnnngggg time for you too Ryan! Also yes fifa has difficult acheivements. But when you get to like 3000G ill be at like 12000G. Ill be first on thhat leaderboard you will see.

I'll underestimate because I'm awesome at RPG's which is why I'll 1000/1000 Star Ocean before you :awesome: I'll be in the top 5 by Xmas, you'll see :ryan:

Considering you Have 0G and I have 660G In Star Ocean and Im on my universe playthrough and you still didnt start your galaxy playthrough yet. Also the BTS will KILL YOU RYAN! THEY ARE SUCH BITCHES TO GET9some of em) Defeat the last boss in 5 mins with only Sarah OLOL shes a white mage xD. So ill make it first then you. Cant wait till you start xDDDD Also theres 900 BTS(battle trophies in all) so good luck cause im already close to 70% of em all :awesome:

Last edited:
Alrighty, leaderboard has finally been updated. That was a huge leap there, Adri. Will you take on the number one spot? I guess we'll find out in a few months.

Hahahahah yep it was a huge leap in gamerscore! Hmmm maybe if I play alot I will get to 1st place. OH AND THANKS FOR UPDATING <3 Also Im unbanned in HALO 3(yesterday) *Celebrates in JOY*

If only they gave achievement points for Netflix movies, I'd have that shiznit in the bag! We watch a new movie every two nights alternating with tv shows streamed through netflix. You know like.. Lost, the office, dexter.. and other decent shows.

I fell off trying to get achievements. I play games these days for Quality, rather than trying to power through the terrible ones. So my next game will be... FFXIII most likely. Which of course won't be out till 2010.

Hmmmm I think I am 3rd on the leaderboard now :awesome: Its gonna take long to outrun Busta though cause im only in the 10000s and hes at the 17000s. Well my next game is Magnacarta II and I will go back to the last remnant and Infinite Undiscovery. Also Might go back to Lost Odyssey even though im really stuck in that game. Halo 3 ODST and Halo 3 are fun. I need to work on the legendary campaign on Odst so I can get like 300 G xD

Back