Worth getting?

It's not that great. Basically the characters are all the same, exactly the same as in the previous games, there's no real development at all, they have voices and not particularly good ones at that. The combat system is pretty much hack n slash, press circle then square etc etc. It's on PSP so the graphics aren't that great.
It's a game for FF fans rather than RPG fans, the point of it is that you get to use the main characters in a way that you didn't in the original game.

I'd disagree. I know it's easy to try the game for ten minutes and say something like you did, but you've got it wrong. There's actually a way to play, and proper mechanics to the game. It isn't just a 'hack n slash' where you press Circle and Square. The game gives the player the chance to strategically plan their movements and deal with their opponents. The medium-sized variety of battle maps gives players the chance to use the stage elements to optimize their damage upon their opponent. There are heaps of things that the game can offer other than just 'hack n slash'ing.

Thumbs down to you, good sir. <.<

i'd like to add....for psp, to render all of the stage elements (destructible parts, the wall rush graphic, stage effects) in addition to the character models and attack animations, the graphic level is amazing - better than the majority of psp games available.

Sorry to say this but: "What a stupid question" It's a must have !!! this game offer you so much... If you still have a doubts just look some more on my or others posts in Dissidia Threads, It's just the best game i ever played on handheld!

Absolutely!!!

This game is awesome! I got it as soon as it came out. Then my brother told me a special edition psp bundle was coming out. I liked it so much, I pre-ordered one of those too!

GREAT GAME mainly because everyone has a unique fighting style that you can adapt in certain ways. Plus the great feeling you get when you reach lv 120 is well great! Seph vs Cloud in amazing if its 100 vs 100 and the final boss in the campaign is great fun to defeat.

Last edited:
I ordered the bundle and it arrived at my home exactly one week ago...
After that, i was totally absorbed by Dissidia.
Graphics are top-notch, an overall good story, drooling cutscenes, epic soundtrack(featuring tons of classics like One-Winged Angel, Dancing Mad, battle to the Death,Clash on the Great Bridge, etc, as well as some new awesome tracks(hooray for BFF Cosmos and Chaos))
Plenty of game modes, tons and tons of unblockables(I am totally addicted on getting every single player Icon)etc.

The only thing that it really lacks are unlockable characters(only two: Gabranth from FFXII and Shantotto from FFXI)

sure it is worth getting it (i bet you have it by now)
its great fun and you get to know each charactor better

Dissidia: Final Fantasy is truly a great game, Got it for my 20th birthday, which was August 26th (day after the game was released. My dad was able to get ahold of it on launch day so it was all wrapped and ready with my many other gifts I got that day. :D), and I have been addicted to it since, with some 170 hours of play time on it in little more than a month...that's a lot for a PSP game.

I said it once recently, and I'll say it here, I think that everybody that owns a PSP should own this game, it is an absolute must-have, you can't go wrong with a game so packed full of epic win. :monster:

Lots of good music, FF Heroes and villains of past and present unite to do battle, and it has a fun story mode. Though granted, the later, toughest ones start to have less and less story to them, but are mostly for all the good stuff you can get through them and for the challenge of it (beating the tale Inward Chaos is basically gonna make the character you got through it with Rank SSS automatically, so that's nice).

And the Duel Colosseum mode is a lot of fun, you can really get grinding in that, I have gotten as many as 100 consecutive wins, then I had to turn it off for a while, had been playing it for a while at that point, having played it for a bit before starting that run. :P

This game is worth getting! It might be also the PSP game of 2009! Everything is already in it like Action, Drama, Comedy?, and etc. Also for me it has the greatest graphics I ever seen next to Crisis Core.

yes definitely, dissidia is great, even if you are not into this genre of gaming, it is final fantasy none the less, and watching your favourite villains slugging it out in the updated psp graphics is amazing. so in my opinion, this game is a must have

oh also, one thing i forgot to mention, the detail of the fight stages is incredibly deep, the fact that you can destroy most things in the stages is great, the story isnt great but i suppose comparing it to the ff rpg's thats a little harsh

[Please remember not to double post. Should you need to add more info, please use
the "edit" button. Thank you :)]

I would love to kill Sephiroth in better graphics.
But I just didn't get the story to be honest. Is there a story, do the characters walk in a world looking for their foes, or is it just some plain fighting?

Dissidia's story, to me at least, seemed like something that was thrown together at the last minute, to separate it from an average fighting game. Similar to Super Smash Bros. Brawl. It was a thoughtful effort, but somewhat lacking, and the overlapping was rather annoying.

I'd say it was worth buying, although only if you're a Final Fantasy fan and are at least passingly familiar with most of the mainstream games. Otherwise its just an average fighting game with a horrendously tedious story mode you'll have to plough through to unlock everything.

I think I had heard about this game, but I forgot about it. Oh, man, I think I'll have to get it...I was in hospital for awhile so some friends from my church packed my stuff so the apartment manager could have maintenance put in new carpet, so I'll have to find my PSP...hopefully it's packed up somewhere! Anyway, I like about everything Final Fantasy, I even like the Crystal Chronicles (somewhat)...

Last edited:
I haven't gotten it yet, but I want too. Although, not to many game reviewing site have given it a good rating because the gameplay is so generic, and the storyline isn't all that impressive.

I've played the demo though, it's definitely a must have for FF fans. Thus the only reason I'm trying get it. Other than that, if you know nothing about FF and don't like the anime style characters, I most likely looks like a pretty bland game. A hardcore fighting video gamer wouldn't get this. Normally, of course, since the battle system is nothing at all special or very challanging.

I really don't recommend this game.
The battle system is ok if you only look at that, the game is alright.
But i think the characters,storyline and vocals are so bad and stupid, but i like Super Smash Bros,Ehrgeiz and a lot of games with little meaning.

And im not one of them that think the characters are butchered in KH (but here the characters are so lame that is not even funny,take Squall and Zidane for example), i love KH and 99% of other FF,i even like X-2,XII and DoC, and it takes a lot to throw me off but eventually this one did.

UH HUH

HELL EFFING YEAH, IT'S THE BEST GODDAMN FF GAME EVR!!!!!!!!!

Mod edit: Perhaps you could tell us why you like the game and what is good about it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it isnt worth getting to me it was just got boring and I didnt like the storyline if they was one. I felt I was the fighting the same monsters over and over agian.

I have the game, big FF fan, and I think it's great! But the lack of DLC kinda loses it feel down the road [for me]. No one in my area really play Dissidia and Adhoc Party is out of the question(I use wireless). 22 Characters with the most ridiculous boss I've fought [more annoying than Azazel and Seth]. I'd say it's a rent.

Dissidia is a different kind of fighter, it's unique, awesome, fast-paced and it should be kept that way, however Square needs to appeal to a bigger audience along with us FF fans =)

With no plans for a console or even a sequel, I think I'd stick with Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 (closest to Dissidia) :ed:

Back