Advent Children Advent Children Complete blu-ray review

audioqueso

Gil
Hello everyone. I just registered so I can post my review on FF7: ACC. I've only been associated with ffonline in the past.

So the Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete blu-ray was released this past Thursday, April 16th, in Japan. Along with it is the FF13 demo. I just finished watching the movie.

Even if you already have the DVD, this is DEFINITELY worth buying! Technical aspect wise, this is easily the most gorgeous blu-ray I've ever watched! I thought Pixar's WALL-E was amazing... this is just WOW! And it's not like the characters were rendered so real that it looks alive. No, not that. It's that the layers are so clean that this movie actually looked 3D on my LCD. Easily the best picture quality I've seen with any blu-ray! And sound processing on the original DVD was very impressive with a 5.1 setup. Audio wise, TrueDolby HD on AC Complete was awesome! Smooth transitions panning all around, excellent processing, and the music was actually changed throughout some parts and replaced with more tracks that match the originally game.

The Japanese blu-ray has both english and japanese voices. Both languages are in TrueDolbyHD. The movie was actually rendered for Japan though. I say that because there are a lot more detailed lip movements in this blu-ray version, but the lip movements follow the japanese voices. Not the english ones. The english voiceovers are horrible. Sorry, but the only character that sounded decent was Cloud... and he barely talked. I watched several chapters in both languages. There were lots of parts where the small talks didn't match. Not lost in translation, just different scripts. Unfortunately, there are no english subtitles. So even if someone who doesn't speak Japanese wanted to view the movie in Japanese with english subs along... they can't. So english and japanese voice, but japanese subtitles only.

I thought it was just going to be a 1080p version of Advent Children with some added scenes. I was wrong. It was a bit over 20 minutes longer. AC was an hour and 41 minutes. AC Complete runs at 2 hours and 6 minutes! It doesn't actually look like AC was just rerendered at 1080p. Even the scenes that seemed identical look like the were redone with changes like wind blowing affecting clothes, sweat, etc. They mentioned in the previews that there were going to be add bruises and stuff. Yeah, they did that. Sometimes the bruises were just gray shades on the face (those were kinda boring and lazy). Some of the times if was more appropriate and there were bloody noses, cuts, shredded clothes, etc.

Another thing is that AC Complete really does seem to fill in the gaps and make the movie match more to the game. In AC, things kinda made sense because we already knew the game. In AC Complete, it explains stuff like Zack and Cloud's relationship more, where Denzel came from, what the stigma really is and how painful it is to everyone, how things really happened after the FF7, etc. It really does seem complete (no pun intended) compared to AC.

I won't spoil it, but the best part was when Sephiroth shows up. That part was definitely redone the right way!!!

Please feel free to ask any questions.
By the way, I haven't really played the FF13 demo yet. I will play that demo tomorrow.

Last edited:
FFVII: AC Complete!!

So...i was looking in target the other day and found FFVII: AC Complete! It was on blu-ray and had 30 minutes of extra footage. I had to have it. Anyone else buy this complete movie or plan on buying it? If you bought it did you find much different?

Spoil it for me, name some mayor happenings that were not on the original DVD. Was the Tifa/Cloud/Aeris triangle finally solved? Did the Turks provide more than comedic entertainment.

Wow, I'm so excited. I hope Cloud and Tifa finally kiss in it :wacky:
I can't wait until it's released in my local DVD shop, I'm buying it 99.9%
I know some things might be changed but that's all the more interesting to see. Thanks for the information Hayate.

I Do not wanna spoil to much of it. lol. Just know that you see a bit more of the turks and that you get a few little extra added scenes but the main part I liked was that the fight between Cloud and Sephiroth was a bit longer and It was niceeee. At least I thought so. =/. haha.

Yes it's a little bit longer...and there is probably more blood. I think that the complete version is great...hard to say if it's better...some scenes from the original movie was cut. But, sure, complete version tells more...but not everything

hmm, was kinda dissapointed, they made the movie in like 2 years and added 30 mins and a few effects 5 years.
.....you can see the difference right away when new scenes come in...
they could have ramade the whole movie or just...leave it alone.

though denzel phone scene, yazoo flying into a helicopter and cloud nearly bleeding to death was awesome to see....not worth the money though

ffxiii demo is 9000+ times more entertaining imo xD

remember to include spoilers where necessary people

Good to know! I watched the movie already, but without subtitles, so I didn't understand most of the new lines. >.>

I think it was freaking awesome and I'm definetly going to buy it.

Just saw it, not worth the wait at all

Zack giving Cloud a pep-talk was nice, Cloud bleeding too

But I was expecting some loose ends being tied up, dammit!

*Spoilers*

The movie focused a whole lot more on the children, which was what originally was intended. I'm glad they did that, the movie makes so much more sense now that I understand where Denzel came from and why Cloud cares for him. Geostigma is even explained in greater detail. Story aside, everything else was left virtually untouched. The Sephiroth battle was even greater than it was before, but it still lacked something. Regardless, the Zack pep talk was exactly what needed to be there, and I'm glad they added it. Buy this if you haven't already, I believe it to be worth it.

I bought the movie here in Japan, but only because of the trial version of XIII.
And only because apparently it will work on my European PS3.
Sadly I have yet to watch it. My European PS3 is gathering dust in Europe while I can only look at the cover of the movie in my crappy dorm in Kyoto. Ah 76 more days.
Looking forward to watching it as soon as I am recovered from my jetlag.

Wow, I'm so excited. I hope Cloud and Tifa finally kiss in it :wacky:
I can't wait until it's released in my local DVD shop, I'm buying it 99.9%
I know some things might be changed but that's all the more interesting to see. Thanks for the information Hayate.

Yeah I'd rather not see these threads say this kind of stuff since we no longer discuss anything about the LTD, etc and try not to offend either side...Please keep this kind of discussion to your Cloti club, thank you. Also not to be a bearer of bad news but FFVII isn't revolved around romance, and Cloud and Tifa don't kiss.

With that being said we already had one thread started on the discussion of AC Complete. So I'm merging both threads together that way we can keep all ACC discussion in one thread if that's alright with you guys. ^_^ Carry on.

I heard, that "Calling" is still the song. Is this true?

Just saw it, not worth the wait at all

Zack giving Cloud a pep-talk was nice, Cloud bleeding too

But I was expecting some loose ends being tied up, dammit!

There were some loose ends tied up. Reno and Rude's talk about the other Turks returning to the company gave notice to a new story. The Turks from Before Crisis all left Shin-Ra partway in the game, only leaving Tseng, Elena, Rune and Reno serving under Rufus (Mainly).

Actually... looking back on it, all they did is make another loose end.

o.o;;

*Spoilers*

The movie focused a whole lot more on the children, which was what originally was intended. I'm glad they did that, the movie makes so much more sense now that I understand where Denzel came from and why Cloud cares for him. Geostigma is even explained in greater detail. Story aside, everything else was left virtually untouched. The Sephiroth battle was even greater than it was before, but it still lacked something. Regardless, the Zack pep talk was exactly what needed to be there, and I'm glad they added it. Buy this if you haven't already, I believe it to be worth it.

x2.

Just bought the movie yesterday and it does explain the story MUCH better than the original un-complete version. Also very cool how they put Zack in there now because of Crisis Core.

Back