Are you proud of where you're from?

DLFlux

Boats and hoes....
Veteran
Gil
So, are you proud of your nationality and/or home town?

I'm proud of being Welsh, but as far as where I live, not so much. It's not bad here, but it's not exactly good either. Alot of wannabe 'ard men around. Also, for those of you who've seen Gavin & Stacey, the Barry accent is nothing like that, and nobody says "what's occuring?" either.

Well, I'm from the U.S. so it's easy to say that a lot has happened in the past years that has not made me proud in the least but there are moments when I am very proud. Especially when Obama was elected this past November...it just goes to show that my nation, while with it's flaws, is making steps towards becomong more racially accepting. Fifteen years ago he would have never been elected, he probably wouldn't even have won four years ago. So I am not proud of some of the things my country has done....but I am proud of the things that my country does that goes in the face of that. I genuinly think that the majority of the people are not bad people and that we have had the wrong people governing us and that the media spends all it's time focusing on the nutjobs.

So no for a lot of things, but I am proud that the nation may be beginning to change, however slowly...change like this takes time, and I would never be ashamed to say where I was from. I go to an international school now and have travelled to India for an international school conference and never felt the need to say I wasn't American.

Well its hard to say if I'm proud of where I am from. I love my country and would die for a very few in this country, but I am from the South East where people are very closed minded. It really makes it hard to grow up and out down here. I came from Nashville, TN and lived there till 18, then even moved further south to Oxford,MS where I took college and have gone back recently to finish a side degree along with working my ass off.

I miss Nashville, I miss my friends every damn day, but where I am right now I feel like I'm stuck in a damn black hole. I can't complain though because alot of people have it worse off than we do. Heck my girl lives with me, and has been for 3 years this past Friday.

I love music, but the music I love never comes around these parts. I have to get everything via itunes, since the stores around here only sell country and pop.

Going back to the closed mindedness .. let's take jobs for example. If you go against the social norm as far as looks. Say you got a piercing in an odd place on your face, or say you have a tatoo that can not be covered up.. well then you are automatically doomed down here. Everyone around me is a Republican supporter, and those that aren't.. are sorry to say a bit out on the deep end. Or religion.. if you are not a Baptist .. then screw you. That's the mentality.

I just wish I was in a place where people were more real.. people could well say stuff that mean all the time, rather than bullshitting one another like optmistic hidden agenda do-gooders. I mean we can elect a black man to President but we can't stand behind him because of his color and his Party?

I'm so fawking sick of it. I love people in general, not in a hippy way, but seriously some people just need to wake up and realise we are all the same down deep. Our southern ways condemn us.. The south will never rise again, so stop the bullshit. CHANGE! (breaths)

So yes, I also love the freedom.. of the US, but it is "constricted" freedom and I could write a book on it if you would like, but I'll shut it off here. I just hope us as America realises we will all have to come together to back eachother one day, and not just America, people as a whole.. but we need internal help first and to rebuild technology instead of investing so much money into war.

Last edited:
Well I from Italy originaly till I came to this shithole Canada. I actually like being Italian because I do lots of things with my family. Personaly I would like to be Japanese cause I Love everything about them. If I was half Japanese it would not hurt me. I just want a little Japanese inside me thats all. Im going back to Florence, Italy soon.

Im from the US and things are not to great here and im not to proud of our history here. Things are pretty shaky and we like playing police and supporting brutal dictatorships. Such as but not limited to the Samosa family in Nicaragua. so that is pretty crapy. But i am from Cincinnati and that has some cool history and a abandoned subway i have been in which is cool

I'm from New Zealand, country best known for the All Blacks and Flight of the Concords. We invented nuclear power by splitting the atom, and we were the first country to give women the right to vote.
I don't think we've done anything particularly bad. We don't have much of a cultural history, as New Zealand has only existed for about 170 years. But at least we aren't convicts:elmo:

There's not really anything for me to be proud of here. I live in the middle of the desert and there's about 3500 people here. There's not anything to do and most of the time, I sit around and be bored while trying to find something to do.

For England I can't say that I'm really all that bothered, they've won 2 world wars and have the best football league in the world :awesome:, other than that I can't really say "oh we're such an awesome country" since we've also got ourselves into the Iraq War etc. As for hometown, I guess I am, but that's like an area people can recognize you by opposed to the country where millions upon millions of other people live, only, not that many people outside of the Teesside and North Yorkshire area will of heard where I live...but I'd rather it be that way than being Southern :awesome:

Not really. The economy is falling to shit, it's like an open country for imigrants - like we don't have a servere lack of jobs ANYWAY. The weathers BOLLOCKS and the crime rate is horrendous. I especially hate the area I live in. You're not even safe during the day anymore. Oh and it's full of chavs. I used to be quite patriotic...but it's just a crap hole now. I always said I'd never leave England, but meh, I'd happily fuck off right now

I like Manchester though...and tea and crumpets, and we DID win the world cup once many moons ago...... xD

Not really. The economy is falling to shit, it's like an open country for imigrants - like we don't have a servere lack of jobs ANYWAY. The weathers BOLLOCKS and the crime rate is horrendous. I especially hate the area I live in. You're not even safe during the day anymore. Oh and it's full of chavs. I used to be quite patriotic...but it's just a crap hole now. I always said I'd never leave England, but meh, I'd happily fuck off right now

I like Manchester though...and tea and crumpets, and we DID win the world cup once many moons ago...... xD

QFT, agree with every single word hun. I love Manchester, its my town and it was great to see how much people loved our town after Scottish fans trashed it last year. People were angry that our town was treated this way.

As for the area I live in, I dislike it. Bad boy racers go flying past in their cars nearly killing people, the Polish people look down at you and the jewish people are always looking for something to moan at.

I am proud to be British......sort of. A couple of years back if somebody asked me if I was proud to be British I would have said yes without a moments hesitation but because of the whole 'Broken Britain' thing where people think most teenagers are a problem not so much. Also I don't think people can be 100% happy with our Prime-minister either because to be honest, he isn't exactly doing the best job in the world. But for the size of the Britain we're not to bad.

It annoys me when people complain about Britain being a rubbish place to live. I mean I don't exactly like our country at times but that's mainly down to the people who live here. I'm still really thankful that I was born in a country where, even if our economy isn't in its finest form right now, at least the majority of people living here have money to spend on luxuries, not to mention we live in a society where we have an incredible amount of freedom compared to others, we don't get thrown in jail for being gay and girls aren't forced into marriages with strange men three times their age. The crime is pretty bad too but at least we don't live in a country with genocide and mass rape.

And people complain about the climate too just because we don't have guaranteed sunshine every day. I would like to see how some people living here would cope through a hurricane or earthquake. Sure, we have the odd flood but I'm sure it's nothing compared to a tsunami.

Anyway, my point isn't to preach about how great and wonderful Britain is, of course it isn't perfect but it's a lot better place to live than so many other places. Why do you think we get so many immigrants in the first place?

And as far as patriotism goes I guess I'm quite proud to be Scottish but I'm not that bothered really. I wish I was French though, I love French culture. <_<

For England I can't say that I'm really all that bothered, they've won 2 world wars and have the best football league in the world :awesome:

Remember theres more to Britain than england....:dry: Also spanish league> the premiership :monster: ( i wont mention the spl though >_<)

Uhmm i guess im proud to be scottish, what did we do. We invented golf i think, telephone etc although none of these things matter to me tbh. I do quite enjoying telling folk that im Scottish so i am proud, of what i dont no but i am proud none the less.

Well I from Italy originaly till I came to this shithole Canada.

Canada isn't a shit hole :O

Well, I am Canadian and I don't have shame in saying that I am. Even if people call my country a wuss, I take pride in the "peacekeepers" title that we have loosely attached to it. Not so much about the beer thing, but whatever >_>

And yeah, it is cold, but so what? -_-

I do admit that the economy isn't the greatest as it was. Where I live in at least, minimum wage has increased, however one of the greatest criticisms we have is about our health care system. In theory it seems great (free health care for all residents) but the actual facilities and such aren't the greatest, so people want the two tier system so they can pay for better stuff if they can *shrugs*

I'm proud of where I'm from. I know the economy is going down, but its happened before and we got over it pretty well, and it'll happen again. Britain still has a pretty good economy when you look at other countries in the world, so things could be far worse.
Locally I'm proud of where I'm from too, but there isn't really a particular reason for it; it's really only because this is where I'm from.

ooo where do i begin, being from newcastle, and born and raised to support newcastle united and the state the club is in i would have to say i am bordering of hating this area of england. but thats from a football point of view, in my own personal view i am not to fond of where i live, none of my friends live within walking distance so i spend most of my days bored in the house, and the weather is terrible, hopefully i will be moving to warem climates in the near future...hopefull spain, but rather move to the states or australia:D teh only reason i am proud to be british at the minute is for the british army and the outstanding job theyr doing over in iraq:D

I can't say that I have experience all that my hometown of Kansas City, KS has to offer, as I am only 16 years old and have had a sister in and out of the hospital ever since she was born, but I can say that I live in a community that has changed from the middle-class, making-by people to the stuck-up fucks that so infest it now. The crime rate has dropped off, but the homicide rate has almost doubled in the last 5 years. The srooks are becoming better shots, and that's kind of a bad thing... All of my life I have been surrounded by closed-minded pricks at school and work, and I'm sick of it. Even our sports teams suck more than a hooker in vegas. To sum it all up, I am nowhere near proud of where I came from, except for the BBQ. That shit is amazing here.What is the world coming to when all that so many of us can be proud of is food?

I guess I'm proud to be Australian, my country certainly isn't perfect but it is a pleasant place to live. I don't really keep track of what we have discovered or invented, but to be honest I don't really care.

There are certain issues that I am not proud of though; maybe it's just where I live, but it seems like there is racist undertone in some areas of society. But I don't think there is anything that can really be done about that. All in all, Australia is a pretty good place to live. So yeah I'm proud to be Australian.

^^ Yah same here. ^^

I can't say there is anything I'm too disappointed about apart from the fact that Rudd keeps giving ridiculous amounts of money to parents. Baby bonus/Plasma Bonus is the worst thing ever. <_<

[rant]

They seriously should have put more thought into that scheme. Instead of handing out a grand per kid, how about giving them food vouchers, nappy vouchers, stationary vouchers. ANYTHING that would mean the parents would HAVE to spend the money on the kids. Instead of a new T.V., getting their nails done, drugs etc. <_<

[/rant]

Apart from that I've got no issues with where I live. XD I love being Australian and love where I grew up. Queensland is the best. XD It could be hotter though. >_<

I have my freedom and feel safe so that's what really counts for me.

The area in which I live isn't perfect though and no matter where you live, you are always going to get the ones who spoil the atmosphere for you. However, that's just life's lemons for ya. I doubt there is anywhere in the world that runs smoothly.

So yeah I'm proud to be an Australian. =D

Last edited:
I'm proud to be Chinese because i can help other people with my mother toungue, but my parents are so embarassing me and sometimes, no. im also the only chinese person in my year but not in the whole school, and so overall, just to sum it up, i am proud most of the time but when something bad happens, no.

Back