Are you proud of where you're from?

I am happy where I come from in Mississippi. I used to hate living here,but as I've grown older I've realized that I love it. It's home to me, and I love where I live,up on this hill out in the country. I would change the weather sometimes (less tornadoes,more snow),but I do love it (except for the tornadoes and a few other things) and love being Southern.

As far as the US goes,there's ALOT I would change about it. I can't stand the direction we are going and everything is just falling apart. In my opinion the US has just been heading down hill, and I have no idea when that will ever pick back up. But this is more left for a rant thread then here so I won't say anything more.

For England I can't say that I'm really all that bothered, they've won 2 world wars
All by theirselves, without the rest of Britain? :awesome:

That does annoy me, actually. If someone from Scotland does well then it's hoorah for Britain, if someone from England does well then it's WOO ENGLAND. <_<

I'm probably more proud about being Scottish online than I am offline, mostly because I'm one of the few people online who are from Scotland...we seem to be a rare breed. Outside of this site, I probably couldn't care less. xD

EDIT:
Remember theres more to Britain than england....:dry: Also spanish league> the premiership :monster: ( i wont mention the spl though >_<)
Lew beat me. =(

I'm from Canada and i have to say i'm proud of where i'm from. I really think its a great country. We got free health care (not so free since we pay it in our taxes technically) and we avoid war, which is another huge plus for me. I love living here and i feel really safe. Also, we invented the awesome sport of hockey :). I love the people, i love the places, and i love the safety.

I'm proud of my little area, as it's a really nice place and we don't have any crime or anything, and compared to the majority of Britain, it's a really nice place to live. I'm also incredibly proud to be British, as the country used to be fantastic, but I'm also increasingly considering emigrating to another country - like Australia. Britain's turning into a politically-correct, crime-ridden, benefits-plagued shit-hole. I am not proud of what Britain is rapidly declining into.

I don't like my country very much since my family is originally a Palestinian (War 1948) though I was born in Jordan, I get pretty much some racist shit about being one, I'm not even considered to be someone there, so we pretty much make our names and get on top of the country with education. =\ Also The original Jordanians are 200,000 out of 5 mils so they can srsly GTFO, we built the fucking country and actually MADE it a country. D=<

However, I like it here and I'm proud to be from here, if I'm not around some arrogant Jordanian who thinks so high of himself. =\

Not in the slightest. Certainly, I'm glad that I'm not in a war-infested country and I feel fortunate that I haven't had to live on the streets, but I feel absolutely no national pride; I have a hard time even grasping that concept.

It doesn't matter to me where I live, really. I was born on a piece of land on Planet Earth, but Planet Earth is a pretty vast place, and I have no real preference. If I wasn't geographically ignorant and I knew of a "better place" (and me going there was economically feasible), I'd move in a heartbeat and never look back... Well, I would if it wasn't because my family, my friends, my connections and my material possessions are tied to this country. But yeah, no.

I think Tupac and Dre summed it up nicely: California, knows how to party. xD

But seriously, yeah. I'm from central California, grew up in the Orange County and Los Angeles county areas and I quite enjoyed it until I was forced to move up North.

Last edited:
I'm not sure... I really love feeling proud to be British. I like seeing our flag (it is the best one out there!) and when I hear something from the UK doing well I feel proud...

However on the other hand, which in my head I am proud of being British, I look around and the UK is nothing like the fantasy'ish image I have in my head.

This country has no culture anymore. People are too obsessed with work and never notice each other. We've hit the balance wrong I think.

It'll be interesting to see what we do in the ceremony of London 2012... I'd want them to go through the ages and show the Celtic past and some dances or arrow shooting like that... Followed by a bit of a Roman thing, then a Viking thing, go through the ages etc... Even show some people jousting I think would be epic... Show our countries mythical heroes, e.g Arthur, Robin Hood, etc.

It should end with a massive Steampunk show of awesomeness with Boris Johnson entering the stadium inside a giant mechanical bulldog. :D

But no seriously... We'll instead probably just get some celebrities kicking balls about and waving about boringly... Or just some kids from some school dancing about to show the "youth of the current generation" which seems to be the thing right now. I feel that that is a real shame... To disregard our heritage and culture which, lets face it, isn't expressed well enough here anymore, and replace it with football and handbags is just a bad move.

Extreme much? Well I heard they were going to close the display in the observatory in Greenwich and turn it into a handbag fashion display. Not sure if that was a hoax or not, but it I wouldn't be suprised if they did it.

And thats just me being annoyed at that side of things. Don't get me started on how crap some people are with the knifing and monkey-faced murdering of each other to make videos.

In short... I'm proud of the lands of the British Isles, and also our brother/sister Ireland which Britain is giving a geographical hug, but I do not like the loss of culture here, and I also do not like a lot of things about how some people are turning out here.

Last edited:
For England I can't say that I'm really all that bothered, they've won 2 world wars
What???
And the Allied forces?
:confused:

I'm from Hellas and of course I am proud of it.
We exist for 4000 years and we gave influence to European countries.Even the word Europe is Hellenic.However modern Hellas is in a difficult situation.
Other countries steal our history and our economy is awful.But this is nothing.Our history has shown that there always come bad ages and good ages.So I'll fight for a better future!

Can we have slightly more effort please? Such as why you are proud, and alternatively, what you aren't proud of. Surely there's more to be proud of than winning a world cup.

Am sorry afghan but i don't think the world cup is just " A World cup "
Under the circumstances anyway it was germany we beat our arch Rivals And watching back we had the greatest player of that era am Proud that the players Came from England am also proud we have the best Football League in the world. Other then the world cup am proud of Our Role in WW1 AND WW2 Am also proud off the other countrys that helped out saying that :D

Am proud Off Our Music History As well

- The Beatles
- Elton John
- Queen
- led zappelin
- Cliff richard
- Bee Gee's
- Pink Floyd
- Rolling stones
- Rod sewart
- Phil Collins
- Paul mccartney

^^Rod Stewart's Scottish...

I am proud of the Welsh language, and the fact that it still thrives even though people think that it is dying out. Cymru am Byth!

Again more effort please, next short post/off topic post will be deleted.

Are you proud of where you're from?
I certainly am, especially from where the area I'm from, which is near New York City. *ahem* NYC being one of the greatest cities in the world. Hoho! :{D

I'd like to clear things up! ;D

America isn't perfect, we have issues like any other country. Sure we do tend to butt in foreign affairs, had a Civil War, had bad presidents (Wilson, Carter, Bush etc), failed at the Vietnam War (thanks France for getting us into to your mess. =/) but every country has their own issue.

I don't blame you guys getting annoyed when you hear about American news that don't related to your country at all.

Also... We kinda helped you guys out a lot in WWI and WWII, and still owe us supplies from it.... >_> We pretty much ended both wars when the US kicked the Germans out of Paris in WWI, and when the US helped defeat the Germans/got Japan to surrender in WWII.

I love the fact that America is able to grant the ability to achieve the 'American Dream.' People have come from absolutely nothing to earning a six digit income, which my father achieved. Look at our current president. Just 60 years ago Jim Crow Laws were in effect, and today, our president is an African American man.

Anyway, I could go on and on. I'm proud to be an American and a New Yorker. =P

Sorta kinda.

America is pretty flawed, sure, but every country has its flaws, and there are plenty of worse places I could have ended up in (Africa, India, China, etc). America still provides alot of opportunities for people, and its a pretty decent place to live. So yeah, I guess I'm proud to be an American.

Getting more regional...am I proud to be from Tennessee? No, not really. I mean some cities in this state are really nice, and fortunately I live in a fairly nice area, and we have some gorgeous geography, but it's still a southern state. It kinda sucks when you say you're from TN and you have jackasses going "HURR HURR YOU GOT A SOUTHERN ACCENT?" and stuff like that. If you say you're from New York people automatically think you're classy and have money. If you say you're from Tennessee, people automatically think you're a redneck.

Still, it could be alot worse, I could be from Louisana or Oklahoma or some craptacular state like that.

You have to know where you're from to be proud of it.

I have no idea, my grandfather spent years trying to track down where we came from but never managed to get any decent results. He has a whole book full of leads he followed and photos he found, it's interesting stuff but it just doesn't go back far enough.

I do have one story, but I'm not sure how accurate it is.

If you just mean the fact that I was born in America... Well I'm not very proud or patriotic, Americans have done their fair share of terrible things.

Last edited:
It kinda sucks when you say you're from TN and you have jackasses going "HURR HURR YOU GOT A SOUTHERN ACCENT?" and stuff like that. If you say you're from New York people automatically think you're classy and have money.

LOL I think you're referring to me there. XD Hohohoho~!

Anyway I'm one hour from New York City, I live in Westchester county. Yes, I must rub this in; Westchester is one of the richest counties AND NYC is one of the greatest cities. NY really is a beautiful place to live.

Anyway. I enjoy where I'm from and I'm proud of it as well. A lot of people have issues with the United States. I think it's ridiculous if you're FROM the United States to not realize how wonderful it is. And all too commonly people don't realize how amazing it is to live in freedom and democracy because they were BORN into it.

We concentrate on BOOHOOHOOHOOHOO omg BOOHOO WAR *sob* WE'RE SO INCONSIDERATE YOU MONSTER*wails* omg must save people in Africa, omg PETA, omg must send money to places that are starving. OMG AMERICA IS HORRIBLE

IMO we should let other countries fuck themselves over and should stop saving them from themselves. I think the U.S. is retarded when it wants to give other places "justice and freedom," we should mind our own damn business and take care of ourselves. Everyone else is not our responsibility. If we don't get involved then we don't have to listen to people from the U.S. bitch or people that are from other countries bitch.

Anyway... all too often what is good about America is forgotten. It's home to so many different types of cultures and it fosters the "American Dream." Having such control of your own life should not be taken for granted.

Last edited:
Back