Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Bambi Branford
FFXIV Server
Lamia
For all your general game banter!

What did you like / not like about this game? Is there something in particular you hated? Something you really enjoyed? Something that made you want to throw the game out of the window? Tell us all about them here!

oooo where do i begin with this game?

good points for me would have to be..... the weapons, how each main carachter i.e Zidane, Garnet/Dagger, Vivi, Steiner all had there little individual stories, the chocobo hot n cold game, the fur party members in your battles was good aswell.

bad points for me would have to be, queen brahne, my god she was annoying, so was kuja, the tetra master card game as well, far too complicated, some of the boss battles were a real pain aswell.

I really liked the card game- once I got the hang of it. It did get quite irritating at times though...

I loved all the main characters, Vivi was great! He had quite a sad story but he was so good about it

The Best thing About FF IX for me was The storyline I loved How everyone had A Great background behind them the setting's the character's The Card game was Good but Compared to FFVIII maybe a little disapointing. The Villians were Amazing as well I was a big Fan Off Kuja and garland in FFIX And Also Minor Villians Like Zorn and thorn

I loved All the Mini games In FFIX Mainly the skipping game it was so addictive :D

The characters were pretty well-developed(although Queen Brahne and Thorn and whatever the other clown's name was did annoy me at times) and there was a good story. Some of the bosses were tough, but not impossible. And the mini games were addicting(but the card game could have been better, because compared to FFVIII it kinda sucked).

I think this game is amazing and Queenia is amazing and fun to play (eat = win) i love blue mages in general. Overall this is my favorite so far.

I rather liked how Garnet/Dagger changes during the story,
she seems very naive to start with and becomes quite down to earth.

It was clear there was gonna be a love connection between Zidane and Garnet right from the start.

Quina I never really understood, I think it was the Cait Sith theory on this one.

Good points ~ Story line, Characters, battle system, you can steal almost everything you need from enemies (besides a few weapons). This time around playing IX I have so many things that I should NOT have at this point in the game. I'm only at the desert palace and I have all of Eiko and Daggers white magic, Freya and Amarant's ultimate weapons, and all of Vivi's black magic. I've found that if you dig with the chocobo until you can go no further with it you end up getting a lot more powerful weapons.

Bad points ~ Quina.... The only thing that I don't like about him (and yes Quina is a guy it even says so in the game) is that his attacks are sporatic he'll do 700 damage and then for the next 3 or 4 turns he'll do 20 or 15.... that just irks me.... They're really aren't many bad points after a while the digging with choco gets a little annoying but...

Over all it's a great game, in my opnion. ^_^

I really loved it, mainly because of the storyline. It was well told and I really got wrapped up in the love story between Garnet and Zidane for some reason. The characters were pretty awesome as well. Beatrix and Blank are easily some of the coolest of the FF series along with Vivi.
My biggest gripe was Trance. I ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS go into Trance right before the battle ends so it ends up a complete waste... argh...

Bad points ~ Quina.... The only thing that I don't like about him (and yes Quina is a guy it even says so in the game) is that his attacks are sporatic he'll do 700 damage and then for the next 3 or 4 turns he'll do 20 or 15.... that just irks me....

Quina is a brilliant character, actually. S/He is amazingly powerful if you take the time to get all of it's Blue Magic. I used to hate Quina, but on my last two playthroughs, I've grown to really like it, as if you put a little time and effort into Quina, s/he's amazing.

I like that about FFIX, how the game forces you to spend a decent amount of time with every character somewhere throughout the game, as it really makes you appreciate the other characters. I mean, I normally just use Zidane, Dagger, Vivi and Steiner, and that serves me fine, but on my last two playthroughs, I've really learned to appreciate Quina, Freya and Eiko - still not so hot on Amarant though..

Quina is amazing :ryan:

The comedy value it'self is enough. I found myself cracking up everytime s/he even showed up on screen. You can teach some really good abilities with east, s/he's pretty strong physically - and frog cvatching is sooo much fun :gonk:

I never u sed to like Quina either but now s/he's one of my favourite things in FFIX ever

Quina was great. It was a pretty good physical attacker early on even from the back row. Some of the blue magic is pretty awesome as well. Mighty Guard, White Wind, Vanish and Angel Snack makes Quina an excellent support character. The only character I never really found any use for was Amarant. He wasn't a useless character by any means, but his abilities just didn't measure up well against those of other heavy hitters like Freya and Steiner.

I LOVE Quina. I always use s/he in my party. I can't remember the name of the ability, but it was the one which deals damage according to how many frogs you've eaten. That was really helpful. The forks s/he uses is annoying, but that's where his/her abilities come into practice!

I also love the music. One of my favorite in the whole Final Fantasy series.

One thing I dislike about this game is that Eiko and Garnet (which both are white mage/summoner) are both playable. Are we suppose to choose? It's like two jobs getting merged and then split into two again.

I've just got to the part of the game where Quina leaves the party - destruction of Cleyra - and I'll miss it. I've found out just how incredibly useful it is!

Although, I'm annoyed with Beatrix. Every other boss I've been able steal everything, but not with her. I've failed in stealing the Mythril sword, despite restarting ten times, and the Ice Brand D=<

FFIX is my favourite of the series because you learn a large amount from each of the characters. I don't think there's an FF game which focuses so much on the entire party. Vivi and Zidane are 2 of my favourite characters ever. Some hate the trance system, but I actually liked it because you have to be consummate with how you use it and load it up, therefore it provided another challenge. The music was great, nothing over the top just soothing melodies.

Quina's a funny character, especially when it faux marries Vivi.

I love FFIX. Here's a breakdown of my opinion-

Good- nearly everything. The perfect level of difficulty, fun sidequests, wonderful story with excellent twists, intriguing characters, Qus, badass FMVs.

Bad-
Necron. He just came out of nowhere. It's a fun fight, but I would have preferred if he wasn't the final boss. It would have been better if it went Deathguise-Trance Kuja-Necron-an ultimate form of Kuja. Maybe Kuja/Necron combined, similar to Ultimecia junctioning Griever in FFVIII... just a thought.

Last edited:
Final Fantasy IX was amazing it's just a shame that it was overshadowed by the release of the ps2.

It's one of the games that I know a lot of people actually don't like for some reason and I don't understand why. The one thing that would capture my attention completely would have to be the character designs. They were so different and I loved the outfits, I looked at them a couple of days before and compared them to the FF XIII ones I've been seeing and they really don't compare. I understand that they're set in different worlds/times but come on, why not give the characters a little something more besides a cape that drapes from one shoulder -__- either way I loved the characters, Freya and Beatrix being my favourite.

This is actually a game that I regret not owning :ness: so I'm planning on buying it in the next few days or so <3 I have finished it however and the most funniest boss for me has to be
Ozma. A giant spinning world just makes me giggle, I don't know why but it does.. XD

Which Part Of The Ending Sequence Is The Special Bit. First Time I Completed It WIth The Coins And Everytime After I Havent Bothered So I Cant Remember What I Am Missing? Tanks

I Loved This FF game so much, the best thing was that each character has his own story, i loved all the characters and especially zidane and dagger

The thing I dislike about Quina was that she was the least interesting story-wise. Strong characters are pretty unimportant in that game because you can beat it with all of your weakest part members at like level 35.

Besides the story line being stolen from another game I think it was an amazing game. I even think it was done better then that game but I hated Quina, and Freya. They just really didn nothing for me but especially Quina because she didn't add anything to the story and the way you recruit her is just stupid.

Back