FFIX General Discussion

Quina was fail. His/Her/Its attack damage was way too random and it had no impact on the story. Now game wise, this game was really fun and exciting. My most useful character was Zidane. His attacks were strong and won fights quick and easy. Quina was the least useful and interesting. It wasnt even comic relief.

Quina was fail. His/Her/Its attack damage was way too random and it had no impact on the story. Now game wise, this game was really fun and exciting. My most useful character was Zidane. His attacks were strong and won fights quick and easy. Quina was the least useful and interesting. It wasnt even comic relief.

I atleast, found Quina to be a huge addition to the team. He/She could learn Mighty Guard and many other great techniques by eating enemies. I always Use Quina alot when I play the game.

I mainly used Quina when I had to. The attacks were too random and the defense was not that good. Sure, it could learn really useful magic, like Mighty Guard and others, but it wouldn't really help in a fight with all my good people just wasting the enemy like nothing.

I'm currently going through it a fourth time to make sure I haven't really missed anything too important dialogue wise from the script, and to see what else I could twist a bit. So far I think the structures fine, but then you have to consider the fan base...

I'm also playing this in tandem with FVII for the first time so it's a very interesting contrast...

i love this game so much it is my favourite ff of them all i just love the look the battle system and the characters like zidane,vivi,dagger,steiner make it such a compelling and memorable story its perfect in my opinion

Just starting Disc 2 and I'm lovin' it so far. Great story and gameplay. Hey guys, I might actually complete the whole game :P

:gasp:

I wish I could be in that situation. But I can't seem to locate my copy of the game. I think my brother let one of his friends borrow it.

Oh well. I've beat it like 10 times anyways.

Besides the story line being stolen from another game I think it was an amazing game.

Stolen storyline? I'd be happy to hear you out on this one because the last time I checked, this game is supposed to be a tribute to the other Final Fantasys. And given the futuristic feel I get from other FFs, I can't think of a medieval game that could have been a target of storyline theft.

Final Fantasy IX was amazing it's just a shame that it was overshadowed by the release of the ps2.

It's one of the games that I know a lot of people actually don't like for some reason and I don't understand why. The one thing that would capture my attention completely would have to be the character designs. They were so different and I loved the outfits, I looked at them a couple of days before and compared them to the FF XIII ones I've been seeing and they really don't compare. I understand that they're set in different worlds/times but come on, why not give the characters a little something more besides a cape that drapes from one shoulder -__- either way I loved the characters, Freya and Beatrix being my favourite.

This is actually a game that I regret not owning :ness: so I'm planning on buying it in the next few days or so <3 I have finished it however and the most funniest boss for me has to be
Ozma. A giant spinning world just makes me giggle, I don't know why but it does.. XD

I totally agree with you! No one gives this game a chance. Some say it's too childish.
Anyone call Kuja destroying an entire world childish?
Or one of the biggest FMVs in the history of Final Fantasy --
the one where the Black Waltz No. 3 chases the party
-- is that childish too? Hell no!

Enough of that. This game is so amazing. Too bad I don't have it but I can safely say that it's one of the best in the series. I loved all characters, especially Eiko. I read a comment about her and Dagger earlier, and this is my response. Eiko's primary class is White Mage, while her secondary is Summoner. In Dagger's case, it's vice versa. Dagger doesn't have Holy, but Eiko does. Eiko can't summon Bahamut, but Dagger sure can. You can't just put all that awesomeness in one person. It's big enough for two!

Amarant was okay. His skills take a certain percentage of health from enemies, and No Mercy is one of his strongest.

Quina's attack may be random, but it doesn't change whether you put him/her in the Front or Back Row. Attack damage remains the same. Quina also provided decent comedy relief in my opinion. "I CAN'T BREATHE!!!" Good one. :)

And everyone else is just so great. You actually get to know each character, and each one gets the spotlight at different times. Unlike other games.

One of the funniest Final Fantasy games if not the funniest. The characters were really cool and were extremely different from each other, which made there compatibility to each other very good and led to a great and interesting story. The Trance system was really cool as well. Kuja was a good villian, just the randomness of some of the game are the only down points of it. The card game was fun and addictive. So was the auction house. There were a lot of things that made this game great. The story was great as well. Great game! Miss it, haven't played in like 6 years.

It really is a great game and all those that haven't played it, have no idea what they are missing.

I thought I had lost my copy at one point, but it was just buried beneath a pile of some junk that was in my room.

Great game -- though I really dislike Zidane, and even more so the relationship between him and daggar. Bloody awful.

Are you kidding? Zidane is a great main character (a nice contrast to what came before), and the relationship between him and Dagger is sketched out perfectly, I love how they interact.

I gotta agree with Oerba. I didn't like Zidane or Garnet at all and their relationship was way too contrived.

I'm gonna agree with charliepanayi on this one. The idea of them together is pretty good, and the dialogue between them is funny.

However, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, so I'm not gonna tell anyone that disagrees with me that they are wrong, especially in the general discussion thread.

Oh don't get me wrong-- I quite liked the dialogue itself. It would have been funny between any two characters. It's not the dialogue I have issue with-- but the characters themselves.

I like Garnet, but Zidane was a douche. Actually, most main male FF protaginists are- tehy are rarely my favorite characters.

The relationship was a tad cheesy, unbelievable and a little contrived. But I did wnjoy the dialogue.

How is Zidane a douche? He's a bit of a rogue and blase towards women but he often tries to do the right thing, and he's always kind to people (see how he treats Vivi on first meeting him).

It's funny how a lot of people hate Zidane, especially when another protagonist is hated: Tidus. Both of them are cheerful and always happy when other protagonists would be mopey. Why the hate? I haven't heard anyone hating the other protagonists as much as these two.

I don't think he's a douche. A douche would screw up on a task most people can accomplish easily. A douche would say something like "kuja r lamez" simply because of appearances. The only bad characteristic I found on Zidane was that he was a womanizer. And let's be honest, how many of us has ever approached as many girls as this guy has, the way he has?

It was probably the funiest :D
I also don't understand why people hate Zidane so much. I didn't think he was a great character...but he wasn't bad.(Tidus WAS a little annoying in my opinion though.)
The game had my favorite FF character, Vivi. He's that awesome.

Back