Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Bambi Branford
FFXIV Server
Lamia
For all your general game banter!

What did you like / not like about this game? Is there something in particular you hated? Something you really enjoyed? Something that made you want to throw the game out of the window? Tell us all about them here!

Ahhhh, loved this game as well.

Kefka. A guy you really hated, but had to give in to the humorous role he played in the game as well. I mean the laugh is epic, but the way he basically takes the World of Balance and throws it into the World of Ruin, he seems like an unstoppable force.

So many characters, but each one has a moment in the game where you get to know them extremely personally by the end. Even that Abominable Snowman Umaro. ;)

I absolutely adored everything about this game, and there actually isn't a thing about it that I disliked, lol. It's one of the best in the FF series IMO, and it saddens me that Square hasn't done much with it. My favorite parts in the game are the Phantom Train, Opera House, End of the World, and finally, the ending. It's just that the game had so many characters with so many different characters with their own unique stories and personalities. All of them were quite like-able, though there were some I preferred less than others obviously. =P I never once got bored while playing, and I love the battle system too.

Runic ftw!

Runic ftw!

I'll agree to that! Runic is an amazing ability. It certainly saved my ass a few times. xD

I'm playing FFVI at the moment, actually. I'm just doing the scenarios before the battle for the esper in Narshe. Finished Terra, Edgar and Banon's scenario, and Sabin's scenario. I'm doing Locke's last cause Locke and Celes are two of my permanent team characters, so I like to get used to them together before mixing them with the others.

It's a really fun game to play too. I'm loving it so far. I'm not gonna level them up properly until I have espers though. Since espers raise stats when you level, I think playing with espers means I can develop the characters better ^^

I was Soo happy when this game came out on PSX In 2002 I think? I brought it straight away. Sometimes I think maybe there were to many characters in FFVI but then the Game might Not Have been So good. My favourite Character Was Locke Followed By shadow! I loved the way shadow just left you at random parts of the game. I hated Zozo for some reason I think it was Just all Because there ws random battles in the Area And i level up outside it before i go in so it is quite annoying

I really enjoyed this game. The characters were very well put together, and I loved each and every one of them. The story was phenomenal and I could follow it really easily, it was well written. And for the time, the graphics were really good. And the updated version was really cool too, the new CGI's were really good. I would have to say that this is one of the best FF's out there and I will replay it as many times as I can.

This has to be one of my favorite Final Fantasy games, tied with IX. The characters are all amazing in their own aspects... Each has their own abilities during battle, so you can really chose which style of battle or the difficulty you want to play on.

So yeah. The characters are amazing with their own unique backstories. The storyline is amazing, and there's Kefka. 8DDDD Can't really say there's anything I dislike, to be honest, but I'm quite biased.

I love final fantasy 6!! :D i got my friend to borrow me his memory card because my doesnt work anymore, so im going to start playing it again :D its been so long since i played it... hope i can do it again, or else it would be sad that i cant finish a game that i could finish when i was younger :p

anyone who wants to follow along and talk about the game with me? its always fun to have someone to "play the game with" :D

yup deffinately my fave rpg of all time and ive been playing it since i was a kid and i still enjoy playing it to this day. the game has everything in it solid story great characters with just enough story for each of them cept maby umaro but how exciting can a saquaches life be and too an extent gogo unless youve played ff5 in which case you know where that demension he got sucked into really took him. and such a nice fresh break in quality of villain, started out as just another regular guy but
went crazy from the magitek infusion
and used his pure unpredicable and chaotic behavior to get to the top and you get to see him progress from a lowly henchman runing errands to
demi-god
. first female protaganist in the ff universe with a fleshy background and just enough character development as to stay relevant as a main character. first FF game that realy felt you had so much more freedom with party set up compared to others before it. music... oh man the music is soooooo good! i remeber buying the sound track for 6, when i saw it in the music store my jaw immediately dropped!

There's not much I didn't like really... Unless I can complain about some cheap deaths? Such as being pincered by two Tyrannosauruseses lol.

Otherwise, I really did enjoy this game. I can understand why some people claim it as the best FF. So far I've only finished Final Fantasy III, VI, VII, VIII, X, X-2 and XII, so I don't have all that much experience, but the characters were so likeable (except for Umaro and Gogo, but they're optional anyway). Each character was deemed just as important as the next and it played out really well, Cyan's
personal struggles with his own inner-demons
, Terra's
determination to find something to cling to
, Sabin's
fight to regain the approval of his brother
and so many more stories just make this one of the best RPG's in my opinion.

(Btw, SNES version ftw! Silly "FFIII" title though lol)

I'm really in the mood to play this game again. Recently I've been in discussion with a few members here on FFF that are trying to play it and are deciding which system to play it for and how to get it and all and it takes me right into the urge to pop it in and start up a new FFVI game.

Sure I still need to finish FFXIII, but there's just something about FFVI's story, characters, villains, music, everything that puts that old school Final Fantasy feel right back in me. I guess this is just a long drawn out post to say I can't wait to start this game up again. The longer I go without playing it (almost 4 years now), the faster it's climbing the scale of my favorite FF games.

I'm gonna replay it again tonight, by starting a new file on the GBA version, since I lost my memory card for the PS1 and the only controller I had for the Snes lol

I want to find the asshat who designed the monsters in this game. They are either one truly sadistic individual, or a complete embarrassment to the intelligence of the rest of humanity. You'd think Square would have learned by this far in the series that forcing players to run through an endless gauntlet of meatwalls shooting instant death spells at the party is neither strategic or enjoyable.

Other than that though it's been a pretty enjoyable experience thus far. The environments aren't quite Star Ocean quality, but they're pretty dang well detailed and there is a lot of personal flavor in each of the towns. The opera scene was particularly well done, especially considering the audio limitations of the Super Nintendo.

They don't force you to use Death...you know that, right? The spell isn't there for a safe harbor.

Something I noticed in this game is how nearly every town has the same architecture. Glad they put more effort into it from VII on.

You do realize that it was built on a console that was made before the Ps came out.....right?
It was 16bit sprites. At least they didn't have hourglass bodies lol

Something I noticed in this game is how nearly every town has the same architecture. Glad they put more effort into it from VII on.

This was built on a really good console........and I can remember reading that it had one of the best graphics for it's type of game (Like Terra said it was 16-bit sprite)............so the towns being the same type really isn't that bad for this type of game.

I think Final Fantasy VI was pretty ground breaking for the FF series it was really the only game where you weren't getting some crystal to save the world from a guy in a huge plate of armor :mokken:

This was built on a really good console........and I can remember reading that it had one of the best graphics for it's type of game (Like Terra said it was 16-bit sprite)............so the towns being the same type really isn't that bad for this type of game.

(we mustards be friends at once! Its sad to see people judge games , especially old OLD games, and biasedly say its bad in favor of a newer game)

@fiore:
I think this person is honestly upset that 6 & Terra, aren't attacked enough like 7 "is".

Back