FFVI General Discussion

My computer is too old for emulators :sad3: OH LAWDY WHY? :sad3: I had it for GBA. Surley there must be some copy somewhere out there!

Was just going to mention, I've made one of those character list portraits on FF6 characters, you know one of those you upload on Facebook and then tag your friends as. Which subforum/topic would be a good place to upload the pic for others to get?

I'd say either FF Miscellaneous or FF Fun, perhaps. Just so long as you make it clear that it is FFVI in the title (or description) since neither of these sub-forums are FFVI specific.

I just checked Amazon.com but it seems everyone is selling FFVI for a high price, especially the GBA version. Maybe because it's so rare now. I think the most logical thing any person would do is to emulate it. How old is your computer then? Windows 95/98 or something?

@ Argor: Thanks, I'll check around those then.

My copy of VI was stolen before I could finish it :sad3: I was at Kefka's tower too :( anyone have a spare?

Ah, man, that sucks! If I had another copy, I'd send it to you. Which version did you have anyway? PSX, Snes or GBA? :hmm

It sells pretty high on Amazon, the game has become rare. Hm, have you've tried Gamestop, Hastings or Wal-Mart? Or maybe even Ebay? Probably cheap there..*coughsemulatorcoughs*
Well, you could....always use that backup you made. :awesome:

This was the first game of the franchise I played and I first got it back when it was released over here on the Super Nintendo (back when it was still called Final Fantasy 3) and I took full advantage of the multiplayer option to play with friends, enhancing my overall experience of the game. My favorite characters were Terra, Locke, Edgar, Shadow and of course Kefka. Anything I didn't like about the game was long forgotten by now.

Shadow was the bees-knees, I always wanted to be a ninja because of him..

I had the GBA version of the game but I think it's screwed up because I've tried playing it 4 times on my DS (and I got past halfway on my last try) but then the data doesn't register the next time I refresh it. It's a real shame because I really liked the game, even though I thought it would be inferior compared to the PS and PS2 games I'd played. I'm dying to finish it, but I don't think I'll be able to get my hands on the game anytime soon.

Is there a way to download and play it on the computer? Like how you can play GB Pokemon on the PC?

I had the GBA version of the game but I think it's screwed up because I've tried playing it 4 times on my DS (and I got past halfway on my last try) but then the data doesn't register the next time I refresh it. It's a real shame because I really liked the game, even though I thought it would be inferior compared to the PS and PS2 games I'd played. I'm dying to finish it, but I don't think I'll be able to get my hands on the game anytime soon.

Is there a way to download and play it on the computer? Like how you can play GB Pokemon on the PC?

Play it on " Vizzed "

http://www.vizzed.com/vizzedboard/retro/game.php?id=9924&system=gba&name=Final-Fantasy-VI-Advance

Works perfectly and it's easy to use no downloads or anything, just a plug in which only takes a few seconds.

I haven't played to much of Final Fantasy VI, i've completed it the once and loved it, probably the best characters in the whole series are in VI, I would love there to be a remake of this game

Wow, thanks so much! I noticed that it said there were 3 free plays left, so does that mean anything? Are there other FF games that can be played like this? As you can see, I'm very behind on gaming. =P

Wow, thanks so much! I noticed that it said there were 3 free plays left, so does that mean anything? Are there other FF games that can be played like this? As you can see, I'm very behind on gaming. =P

You can play Final Fantasy I,II,III ( I think you can play III anyway ) IV, Final Fantasy V, and Final Fantasy VI on there. I think that means 3 free plays before you have to sign up but it doesn't cost anything and you play as many times as you want then

Thanks, and I definitely will. I treasure this game. Unfortunately it's going to have to wait until after my exams (and when my internet limit isn't over -_-)

This probably was a rumor, but I heard quite a while ago of a possible FFVI remake? I personally would love to see a PS version of this game, one that doesn't look like it's meant to be on GB.

Anyone know where the last dragon is?

I've killed all 7 dragons and got the crusader esper......I'm sure there is another boss after this anyone know the location?

Eh?

The site said this has more discussions than just one. No love for FFVII? Well, might as well start. My favorite characters in this game are Locke and Terra. And Kefka is my favorite villain of all time in gaming. So, what's your favorite thing about this game, guys?

Extra I is extra.

I actually prefer Setzer and Edgar. -Strange thought occurs- Kefka is an excellent villian but he didn't destroy the world as I had read, only ravaged it. I was disappointed by how late you get the espers and that if you want to achieve a full spell list, it takes a large amount of grinding. -Obviously distracted- Other than that, it makes my top 5 FF games.

<_< ...yaoi...

-goes off to see if it exists-

You might just be looking at the threads for the past 60 days. I think you can change it, it's near the bottom of the page.
I think Kefka's a very entertaining villain, if not one of the ones with the best motives for desiring to take over/destroy the world. I like the fact that Kefka is quite successful in his plans, normally it's just before the end of the story that the villain succeeds, or partly succeeds, but it's quite near the middle in FFVI.

I just started playing FFVI and 6 hours in im completely in love with it :D I feel like the games that Square Enix have created recently(FFXIII :/) lack story and the characters lack personality I wish Square Enix's new games were more like FFVI

Back