FFVI General Discussion

(we mustards be friends at once! Its sad to see people judge games , especially old OLD games, and biasedly say its bad in favor of a newer game)

@fiore:
I think this person is honestly upset that 6 & Terra, aren't attacked enough like 7 "is".

I agree, but FFVII isn't attacked...for gods sake people who "hate" FFVII attack people who bash it.

I think that FFVII was the better of some FF's because...well, you could have anyone on your team, in a party of 4, we never get that now.

As I haven't played FFVII all the way through, I can't formulate an opinion on whether it's better versus the pre-FFVII titles.

Anyhow, I'm supposed to be saving Maria from the clutches of Setzer or at least stopping him from attempting to abduct her. I got Celes, Locke, and the awesome Figaro twins on the team. Cyan and Gau are taking the backseat for now 'specially since they've caught up level-wise with the party. They're all in their early-mid 20s. I'm just doing a bit more leveling, might hesitatingly swap out the twins (they're soooo effective and fast, 'specially when you get a rhythm going with them) to train Cyan and Gau more. But yeah, fun game is fun.

As I haven't played FFVII all the way through, I can't formulate an opinion on whether it's better versus the pre-FFVII titles.

Anyhow, I'm supposed to be saving Maria from the clutches of Setzer or at least stopping him from attempting to abduct her. I got Celes, Locke, and the awesome Figaro twins on the team. Cyan and Gau are taking the backseat for now 'specially since they've caught up level-wise with the party. They're all in their early-mid 20s. I'm just doing a bit more leveling, might hesitatingly swap out the twins (they're soooo effective and fast, 'specially when you get a rhythm going with them) to train Cyan and Gau more. But yeah, fun game is fun.

You should most definitely keep Cyan and Gau together, along with Sabin. They make a great team!

I agree, but FFVII isn't attacked...for gods sake people who "hate" FFVII attack people who bash it.

I think that FFVII was the better of some FF's because...well, you could have anyone on your team, in a party of 4, we never get that now.

Hey, that's just what he or she said, in the other thread. That's how I know she or he, is clearly biased.

I just don't see how because of her/his favorite game is attacked, he has to offer up a biased and lame opinion on FF6 when the game practically made the new FF story lines capable that 7 uses.

6 took the games out of the old (sorta) and everyone loved it. So naturally they would follow through and make a even more futuristic game -- 7.

(we mustards be friends at once! Its sad to see people judge games , especially old OLD games, and biasedly say its bad in favor of a newer game)

@fiore:
I think this person is honestly upset that 6 & Terra, aren't attacked enough like 7 "is".

I agree.....for example you can't see a sad face in hear....the story was great,but if this game was done in like ps3 graphics which they will never do.......people would see the greatness of this game.......For example you could see Sephiroth put a sword through Aerith on the psone........on the ps2 you can see Tidus crying and character talking........but in this game you can't see none of that,as well as Kefka in your face 24/7...........And like you said people do judge games by the oldness and newness......There all just judging all down to the graphics.They just treat their eyes rather than there heart.......

I agree.....for example you can't see a sad face in hear....the story was great,but if this game was done in like ps3 graphics which they will never do.......people would see the greatness of this game.......For example you could see Sephiroth put a sword through Aerith on the psone........on the ps2 you can see Tidus crying and character talking........but in this game you can't see none of that,as well as Kefka in your face 24/7...........And like you said people do judge games by the oldness and newness......There all just judging all down to the graphics.They just treat their eyes rather than there heart.......

Exactly! If they would just open their mind and sit down and try to enjoy the game instead of looking for flaws to help another game look better, they would know how awesome and beautiful FF6 is.

And dang! That was deep there! But I agree with it. They need to let their hearts treat the game fairly, not their eyes. :gasp:

There all just judging all down to the graphics."They just treat their eyes rather than there heart".......
-Best post so far............

Didn't realise how big that last bit was...........so true when your talking about this game...............

Anyway the only thing now is hope for a remake for the DS I guess..........

Yea, it was very inspiring :d but very true. Someone should quote it and put in their signature.

Or PSP or PS3/2 lol

Yea, it was very inspiring :d but very true. Someone should quote it and put in their signature.

Or PSP or PS3/2 lol

I would like them to remake it for the PSP or PS3..........But I think the chances are really slim for that.......well they are planning it for DS........well more specifically 3DS............
This is from 1 day ago:
http://www.411mania.com/games/news/144890/Final-Fantasy-V-and-VI-Coming-To-The-DS?.htm

They were having technical issues before but I think it will be ok.........

The 3DS is meant to have better graphics,hopefully it's as good as the PSP,but I haven't seen it yet so I don't know.

But I do know that they are definately planning a remake for the DS or 3DS......hopefully if that becomes a hit like ff7 and people the the greatness of this game,it will be remade on the PS4.........but that's a long shot talking of it know.........

There is a even bigger source talking about the FFVI possible remake. It just went on about the tech problems they will never get pass. I made a thread about it in the news section :awesome:

I think it would be nice for a 3DS since the system runs a variant of RE5 engine, which looks amazing. But If they make it for PS3, they need to make a port for PS2 as well. :P

I think Final Fantasy VI was pretty ground breaking for the FF series it was really the only game where you weren't getting some crystal to save the world from a guy in a huge plate of armor :mokken:

I think Final Fantasy II was already like that. And this has nothing to do with comment.
Maybe they couldn't fit more houses into the cartridge, but the fact remains. It is also kind of sad how old games always have the "good for its time" shield arguement.

I think Final Fantasy II was already like that. And this has nothing to do with comment.
Maybe they couldn't fit more houses into the cartridge, but the fact remains. It is also kind of sad how old games always have the "good for its time" shield arguement.
Its sad to meet people like you, who can't even spell *sigh*
Its "argument" not "arguement".

What Fiore meant was that it wasn't directly about elemental crystals, not even in some little way. VI was about hope, friendship and things like that. The closest you get to "crystals" is the Magicite.

Keep showin' your biased views like that, and people will only end up thinking the same way we three are.

You judge a game 17 years old by graphics, yet I have this feeling you love (like love love) FF7 games, right? Well, you could lie about it, but we know a biased FF7 fan when we see one. You already admitted why you gave it a low score -- because FF7 and FF8 gets attacked but not Terra and FF6.

That just seems like a childish way to go about things, especially trying to unbiasedly judging a great game, which clearly you fail at doing.
Don't spread hateful comments about a game because the one you like gets attacked -- its wrong. :busta:

Its sad to meet people like you, who can't even spell *sigh*
Its "argument" not "arguement".

Keep showin' your biased views like that, and people will only end up thinking the same way we three are.

You judge a game 17 years old by graphics, yet I have this feeling you love (like love love) FF7 games, right? Well, you could lie about it, but we know a biased FF7 fan when we see one. You already admitted why you gave it a low score -- because FF7 and FF8 gets attacked but not Terra and FF6.

That just seems like a childish way to go about things, especially trying to unbiasedly judging a great game, which clearly you fail at doing.
Don't spread hateful comments about a game because the one you like gets attacked -- its wrong. :busta:

Do you call anything you don't like biased? I had only said it bothered me that all cities looked samey. I don't give VI a low score, as I love the game. In fact my comment had nothing to do with the quality of the game. If you counter any negative comment towards this game with a rant then you're a biased Final fantasy VI fan.

Also, Terra is just as said she is. Young and depressed like all the other protagonists in this series. I don't think it's a negative thing though (go back to my review there and read it again). I just think that you judging her any different from the rest is bias.

I like FF7 better than this game because of its storyline and ability system. I hate Final Fantasy VIII.

What Fiore meant was that it wasn't directly about elemental crystals, not even in some little way. VI was about hope, friendship and things like that. The closest you get to "crystals" is the Magicite.

Yes, but she used that as a reply to my comment that was especifically about the design of the cities. It really had nothing to do.

No, not really. lol but you were so biased, it was laugh worthy.

No, but the fact that you talked badly about it because it wasn't attacked like 7 and the others, showed that you are clearly biased. Hell, if you hadn't shown that kind of biased views, then I would have taken your opinion seriously, but it was just something to attack VI over.

The cities don't look the same. They are different, completely. *thinks back* 7 and the other games' cities were built out of the same graphics and poly graphics, yet you decided to attack 6 over it. Which screams biased view.

She just quoted you so you would know who she is talking to. :)

I like FF7 better than this game because of its storyline and ability system. I hate Final Fantasy VIII.
Ahahah, I knew it. :monster:

See? I've had experience with 7 fans attacking other games because....well, 7 gets attacked. Its quiet stupid, you know.

Okay, let's move on here. This is a general discussion thread for FFVI, not for FFVII or any of the other games. There's also no reason to be snippy about other people's spelling or views.

Are you crazy? The fact I like VII has nothing to do with that. Just because I used it as an example you used that as an excuse to throw a fit like that.

I never said good for its time, I said ground breaking. And it was. :sup:

I never said good for its time, I said ground breaking. And it was. :sup:

I agree. I wasn't very clear too. Generally my position about this game is that it's good, and not only for its time.

Sorry, moderator, I hadn't read your comment before I posted my last.

Are you crazy? The fact I like VII has nothing to do with that. Just because I used it as an example you used that as an excuse to throw a fit like that.
:ffs:

No, it wouldn't have anything to do with it if you hadn't said it was bad because it wasn't attacked like 7 is. :britt:
Something I noticed in this game is how nearly every town has the same architecture. Glad they put more effort into it from VII on.
The story is interesting enough, with a small group rising against an empire, like Final Fantasy II and IV, but enacted by more captivating characters. I take special heed of Terra that could be blamed for all of the supposedly bad characteristics that make other protagonists in the series be hated, such as being introspective and depressed, like Cecil, Cloud and Squall, yet she never gets the bad reputation the others do.
This game's claim to greatness for me is the post-apocayptic scenario after the Floating Continent. It's very well done (aside from almost every town being mostly spared by the cataclism). The story's strong point is the scenario from that point, and the player gains freedom to roam around and do sidequests, resembling a Western RPG at that point. It's a pity all the optional bosses were so easy.
Anyway, I believe I've played all versions of this game at least twice. Shouldn't be touching it again soon.
Biased view is biased, 7 fan. :fart:

There you go. You give it a bad feedback because it isn't attacked like 7 is :awesome:

EDIT:
Dang...didn't see your post, moderator. :s

This is the last warning. Please move on from this argument or I will start deleting posts. There's no need to insult other people for their opinions or thoughts.

I think I killed Shadow :(. I'm playing FF6 right now and it's the first time I got to the World of Ruin.
I was trying to use as little of a guide as possible, and had no idea I was supposed to wait for him on the Floating Continent :O. (I was in a hurry at the time)
... I was planning on having him in my final team too...
There's no way to get him back right?
/getting out my frustrations

Aside from that, the game has been absolutely brilliant <3.

Back