Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Bambi Branford
FFXIV Server
Lamia
For all your general game banter!

What did you like / not like about this game? Is there something in particular you hated? Something you really enjoyed? Something that made you want to throw the game out of the window? Tell us all about them here!

Not sure if it was just me, but the game has been kind of difficult since the beginning. It frustrates me to the point where I have to put it down. I've restarted a few times and I keep having the same problems. Even with the guide I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong.

Right now I'm stuck at the point where Vaan has to sneak into the shrine with the auralith.

D:

The beginning of the game is awful, I couldn't get my head round it, once Id got a few missions in though it wasn't so bad, but the beginning had me putting it down repeatedly aswel, I eventually forced myself to play it and got used to it

The battle system still got really irritating at times though ¬¬

I always like to control a lot of characters at once. So being able to control all those Yarhi and Characters was really cool.

I liked the difficulty level as well. It started out with easy mission in which power is everything. I have played a few strategy games before, and in all of them "power is the key to victory". So I don't really see the "strategy" part and end up hating those games. But RW offered some more difficult missions which can be completed thanks to strategy. So I totally liked that.

The two things I didn't like are:

1) You can control only 5 characters. I think they could at least offer some kind of "Character Changing" feature or something during battles.
Some characters, like Ashe, were almost useless and I rarely used them.
I sure I would have used them more if I could change characters during battles.

2) It was possible to use only one Rank III Esper in each battle. As well as it was impossible to make the whole Esper party Rank II or more >_<

sadly this is the first FF game i have completed,i like how it felt like i was playing tactics for GBA.I think the game should have given more of a feel from the first one more so on there wepons like makeing Vaans sword look a dif color when its a dif element that would have been cool.I give this game a 8/10 it could have been beter

This was my first FF game. I found it good although it was too easy and I completed 100% in no time. I have even completed midlight's deep twice. That was the only tricky bit. You can get well used to it. The graphics sorta sucked though.

Back