General FF Discussion Thread

I wonder how the hot dogs in Balamb Garden taste like.

Can they beat Filipinos' Pure Foods hot dogs? Because if they are in any way as good as them, then I will find a way to infiltrate the Garden somehow, someway. From reality to Fantasy.

Playing Final Fantasy II for the 1st time - I own the PSP version but I'm playing it on Emu/PC with my PS Classic Controller. I adore the PSP visuals for 1,2 & 4 and still wish we got 5 & 6 in the same style.

As for the game, it's okay so far. finding the back and thought nature of some of the objectives a bit tedious - Having to returning to Hilda, then Cid, then Hilda again... Also, some of the progression points of the story are very subtle, I'm having a bit of difficulty in knowing what or where to go next - Especially after I have finished a story event. But overall enjoying the PSP version, it's very accessible and I recommend it to all!

Playing Final Fantasy II for the 1st time - I own the PSP version but I'm playing it on Emu/PC with my PS Classic Controller. I adore the PSP visuals for 1,2 & 4 and still wish we got 5 & 6 in the same style.

As for the game, it's okay so far. finding the back and thought nature of some of the objectives a bit tedious - Having to returning to Hilda, then Cid, then Hilda again... Also, some of the progression points of the story are very subtle, I'm having a bit of difficulty in knowing what or where to go next - Especially after I have finished a story event. But overall enjoying the PSP version, it's very accessible and I recommend it to all!
I only have the PSX version of FFII (part of the Origins package) and I must confess that I have never actually finished it myself. I really liked it, but I felt it wasn't as user friendly. The weapon system messed with me when I was younger and I couldn't figure out why so many of my actions always missed. I also got lost a few times and was unclear where I should be going.

I have watched and read about the remainder of the game since and I do think it is a good game overall. The password, etc, dialogue option system was an interesting touch. And I love the beavers, of course.

Really I should pick up another copy and give it my full attention at some point.

FFVII - FFX is probably my Golden Era, as those were the years when I first played and got into the series.
Back in the day, RPG's were how you got your money's worth in a video game.
They're stupidly long, if you include item collecting and side quest options like many of us folks did as kids, as well as replayability factors, they're some of the ultimate time sinks that there are.
And for 40$ - 60$ a pop per game, and now how games are stretching out to be $70+, RPGs still reign as the Poor Man's King, and that's not a bad thing, either.
I entirely learned how to budget as an adult, BECAUSE I grew up playing RPGs as a kid.
And so while I'm not at all a particularly wealthy man, I DO however, run a tight and neatly organized ship, which yes at times, does indeed feel like a Final Fantasy airship.
Except I'm not really going anywhere or doing anything. lol.
Perhaps to the library, or to the next game, but either way, I digress, I think my point is made.
In the longevity of life, life is about quality over quantity. And this series and these games, are excellent at that.

What are some of the longest grinds in the series?
Because I did the Vincent Damage Overflow grind in FFVII, and omg that took like 300-ish hours to do.

Back