FFX-2 FFX-2 General Discussion

You know, when I said level 76, I mean training level 76 not Via level 76- I've only been to level 51 in Via Infinito

And I would have been totally happy with this game, had I not realised that a lot of the music goes with what Shinra was singing when you first go to Mushroom Rock
"Gullwings go! lalalalala, Gullwings fight! lalalala"
That gets really irritating when it's spinning round your head for hours and hours and hours...

hahaha XD
When he did that it rather amused me. :8F:
The Commspheres were a good idea...in theory, it's just boring sitting there watching somebody do something in the hope that it increases your overall percentage, and don't even get me started on that bloody RP campaign and finding potential wives for that dude in the Calm Lands. :rage:

It is really boring having to watch the same com for 4 or 5 times to get that .1% completion.

The music in X was better than X-2 but they did the music in x-2 in that upbeat j-pop style because they wanted to create that type of game.

I think the general idea was to show that Yuna was a lot more happy and carefree, since she wasn't constantly worrying about being killed later on by her own doing.
It never really bothered me though, how it was, sure it was different and a lot of people didn't like it but it's still fun overall. I think one of the best features is the New Game + feature, I love how you can just keep doing it without fear of messing up and starting from scratch because of one tiny mistake.

Yeah, I remember reading up somewhere about how FFX-2's theme was ''Change'', how Yuna changed, not just Yuna but how Spira was changing overall. But I think alot of people wasn't able to take to this well which probably is why it's disliked so much. Personally, I loved this game and like I said before, it was my first FF game. The difference X and X-2 didn't bother me at all either.

New game + is def. something they should adopt. OR a clear game- where after you beat it you can still do side quests but NPC's talk about the changes you have caused by defeating the main boss.

I don't know why they didn't have a game plus in FFXIII...

I like X-2 as well...I don't understand the dislike some people have for it.
Myabe it was too different from X as was suggested.Maybe the thought that Tidus could somehow be resurrected was too much for some.Maybe an all girl group was too much for male chauvenist players.
Whatever.
I hated the percent stuff...too easy to miss something and not enough motivation to replay it to try to get what you missed and 100 percent.
I'm 3/4th of the way through it.Probably resume it in a few days and try to finish it out.I expect I might be a percent or two off though.

Didn't care much for it.

Yuna feels like a totally different person and is way too girly for my liking. The girls were always like "Far out!" to me, with the exception of Paine, and I really didn't get sucked into the story the same way I did with X. I have nothing against an all girl cast I just didn't like how stereotype they felt most of the time. The Yuna I remember from FFX just strikes me as the type that would have stayed a Summoner and be more concerned with rebuilding Spira after all the damage Sin did and the fall of their Religion after the truth came out. That's what I thought a sequel should have been focused on. Moving on to the future, not dwelling on the past.

Can't remember much on X-2, didn't get far into it so maybe it did touch on some of those points I just would've preferred a different approach.

If anything the game play was fun. Just a shame IMO that I finally get to play as Yuna in the lead and it didn't feel like Yuna to me.

Oh my darling Yuna, what have they done to you?

The Job class (Dressphere changes) were awesome though, too bad you need accessories to use multiple class abilities though. (white lore ect).

I'll agree with Jill on hte damned Commspheres, i HATED doing that for an hour when i could've been levelling....especially Rins Mystery sidequest. that was irritating to a fault.

I'm not looking forward to Angra Mainya (Bikanel). I just watched a Youtube vid on it.... the guy had L80 party and took him 40mins to down him with 2 DKs....

I'll be glad to just get the good ending, Already seen the bad/sed ending.....took me 5 years just to get back into it again.

Yea I am not like that, it just was to many girls if they had just one guy It would have made me like it a whole lot more, and I mean main character wise, it's for me allows me to connect more with the story when theres a male character cause well you know it's easy for people to connect with what they know lol hard to explain! Like with FF7 Crisis Core I really connected with Zach Fair on his view on life the only character I kinda get in FFX2 was Yuna and thats only because I played FFX and know where she's coming from!

So you can only know where the character is coming from if they're male? That seems a bit odd. I can relate to a character's philosophy on life (or views, whatever) if they make sense to me. Not because they have a penis or vagina.

I'm just sayin'.

New game + is def. something they should adopt. OR a clear game- where after you beat it you can still do side quests but NPC's talk about the changes you have caused by defeating the main boss.

I agree with this. More games need to adopt a New Game+, it was fun in FFX-2 to redo all the missions and sidequests with previously owned items from the other save file. It was a good addition to the game since it was so short anyway. =p.

I am only at like 95% and cannot seem to get to the freaking rest! I am little peeved about that. Getting the Mascot dresspheres are really hard for me.

I agree with this. More games need to adopt a New Game+, it was fun in FFX-2 to redo all the missions and sidequests with previously owned items from the other save file. It was a good addition to the game since it was so short anyway. =p.

I am only at like 95% and cannot seem to get to the freaking rest! I am little peeved about that. Getting the Mascot dresspheres are really hard for me.

On a random note. to get 100 % you need to talk with Moogle!Yuna at the beginning. When shes curled up by the boxes.

On a random note. to get 100 % you need to talk with Moogle!Yuna at the beginning. When shes curled up by the boxes.

I did that! haha. I just checked and I am actually at 97%. I have not played in quite some time so, I'd probably have to beat it and do the new game+ then try again. I need a strategy guide for this...=/.

I like this game

Things I dislike though- 100% doesn't actually mean you've done everything. I have a 100% on a NG+ and I never finished Via Infinito or got the Mascot Dressphere...surely 100% should mean you've completed everything?

I like this game

Things I dislike though- 100% doesn't actually mean you've done everything. I have a 100% on a NG+ and I never finished Via Infinito or got the Mascot Dressphere...surely 100% should mean you've completed everything?

I really think it just means you completed enough of the story to understand the real ending and that the other two are just pure side-missions having nothing to do with the main story at all.

The major thing I didn't know was that you have to start the publicity thing right after you are able. As in go back to places you have been before, and start it up without advancing at all. Its like .2% and it screwed me the fist time I tried.

I was trying to do the side mission in chapter 1 for Kimahri, finding the two young ronso. I couldn't find them, so i looked up a walkthrough that said they were in the travel agency. They...weren't there. Where are the ronso?

Loved the game and its my favorite one in the series, I replayed the game about 3 or 4 times to get the 100% completion and it was alot of work. It was the first time I actually used a strategy guide and it helped,really worth seeing the ending to the game, and everybody loves FFX should at least youtube the ending xD I loved the new direction they with it, maybe I like it so much because a character everyone absolutely loved I didnt hate but I just didnt care to much for her and thats Yuna. I just couldnt get into her at all, never used her of course I built her up and really leveled up... If I can spend the time to develop that blue peice of garbage Kimahari pretty sure it would be an insult not to build up yuna. from beininning to end I didnt care about her. Then FFX-2 gets here and puts the main focus on her, and because they did I like her now, she's a great character, I mainly like how she transitioned from that shy phase to a more serious one. Just seeing the big difference impressed me enough to like her, I thought the intro to paine and all the other factions was pretty good. To see a great story like X and to see it transition to whats it like I think is great, a world without a sin, I always wodnering what that would be like when he's gone and Im glad they made the game to tell the story.

I really love j-pop and a few others, so the dancing,singing and music also made me love it, and yes it has lots of minigames and the thing is I usually hate minigames and only play it unless I have to, but this was the first time I actually liked it. I thought the dresspheres and core system was pretty good. And I really liked the sub dungeon with 100 levels and
you fight trema at the end whihc was a great challenge for me even though i was maxed out he was still hard. I also enjoyed going into the den of woe and never would have guessed I would have to fight rikku and paine, and i always wanted to beat the crap out of nooj, i liked this 5 straight boss battle thing it went over really well.
Overall I love the game and cant say anything I hate about it, I think its going to do the same with FFXIII -2 focusing on a character (suprise) that I didnt care much for serah, I liked her hair and thats about it, maybe I will change my mind like I did yuna in FFX-2 :)

I have finally started on this game, since now I am really free.

Well actually I was planning to play this after I have beaten FFX. But the second last boss in FFX is bloody hard to me. So I went ahead and watched the ending in youtube (I have watched it a long time ago, just to refresh my memories). It's a bad habit for me to spoil myself this way :P

Anyway...

I have reached the part on Zanarkand Ruins and Besaid Island at chapter 1. I have to say the battle system is as good as everyone says it is. I absolutely love FFX-2's battle system. It's a clever combination of the sphere grid, FFVIII's GF learning system, FFIII's job system and the ordinary levelling system. I can't wait to experiment further with the mechanics.

The story is decent enough for me to get interested. I am not expecting anything epic though. The voice acting is better than FFX, IMO.

That said...
The light heartedness and pop feel did make me cringe and facepalm A LOT in the beginning. But then I realised it wasn't that bad... At least they give proper explanations, and that singing Yuna in the beginning wasn't even the real Yuna.

I am certain I will enjoy the game, as I am in need for some less serious FF titles that are not too depressing yet captivating. So I think FFX-2 is the best choice for now.

The soundtrack is okay-ish so far. I love the main menu theme.

I have a little question

You know the Crimson Reports? Well, I was always certain that the two who were talking about a job done were Ormi and Logos. But I'm beginning to doubt it- I mean Paine never mentions them, and neither does Nooj, even though they would have seen them if they were there. Am I getting confused here? Does anyone know who those two were?

Back