FFX General Discussion

Before the characters had jobs assigned to them unless you did a lot of backtracking you could change it, the paytrought will be worth.

That's true for the original sphere grid. But the Expert Sphere Grid makes things fun and challenging :D

Hahaha you know what I fucking loved about this game? The troll part where you have to fight that dragon, guarding Bevelle. Oh my god.

Okay, so my brother and I played X-2 first, and that shit was easy. I am talking a slice of cake and a fucking half. So we just assumed that power-training in X was not necessary. LOL so this dragon pops up right, and we're weak as shit. So we die a few times.

And

Get this

The only way we are able to get stronger is by fighting WEAK, WEAK ass motherfuckers that give you LITTLE experience....on the ship. You literally cannot go anywhere else to train, and you're there forever.

That was actually a good troll. I applaud you, Squeenix. You fuckin snatches.

Everyone who played FFX know about the song that's sung when Tidus and Yuna are swimming in the lake (Suteki da ne). It's kinda sad but I just realised that if you play in on PCSX2 and speed it up to 150fps, it sound VERY happy and cheerful :D

I think my head will fucking explode if I don't get this game soon. It's been 6 years since I last played it- and I'm jones'ing to get a few hours of it in.

I should probably be focusing on studies instead, but... I can monitor how the code reacts... IT'S ALL COMPUTERS, whatever! :rage:

1.What are looking forward most in this game?

2. Will you buy it for me?

Final Fantasy 10 HD Remaster video shows two hours worth of Vita gameplay

Final Fantasy 10/10-2 HD Remaster was released for PlayStation 3 and Vita in Japan on December 26, and thanks to YouTube user m00sicianEN, you can get an idea of how FF10 plays on the handheld ahead of its western release.

ff10-2HDremaster-010214.png

Below, you will find a little over two hours worth of footage.

Releasing as a bundle on PS3, FF10 and FF10-2
are separate releases on Vita.

You can expect the revamped versions of the titles to arrive
in North America on March 18 and in Europe on March 21.

Thanks,
AGB.

http://www.vg247.com/2014/01/02/fin...video-shows-two-hours-worth-of-vita-gameplay/

Final Fantasy 10 HD Remaster video shows two hours worth of Vita gameplay

Final Fantasy 10/10-2 HD Remaster was released for PlayStation 3 and Vita in Japan on December 26, and thanks to YouTube user m00sicianEN, you can get an idea of how FF10 plays on the handheld ahead of its western release.

ff10-2HDremaster-010214.png

Below, you will find a little over two hours worth of footage.

Releasing as a bundle on PS3, FF10 and FF10-2
are separate releases on Vita.

You can expect the revamped versions of the titles to arrive
in North America on March 18 and in Europe on March 21.

Thanks,
AGB.

http://www.vg247.com/2014/01/02/fin...video-shows-two-hours-worth-of-vita-gameplay/

I really do prefer the original faces of Yuna and Tidus, both of whom have changed quite a bit! Their eyes do not hold any emotion; in the PS2 version, their eyes were FULL of emotion. The textures don't look drastically different to me. :hmmm: I absolutely love Final Fantasy X, and will no doubt get this so that I can play the game on my PS3, but I don't feel inclined to buy it for the HD graphics. :hmmm:

I am so dying for this game to come out. To be honest, I don't like the new eyes in the close-up scenes, but honestly it's a small gripe and everything else looks so fantastic I seriously cannot wait for this game.

I have to admit I'm like a giddy school boy waiting for March 18!! Seriously though I need to chill it's just a game after all. Seriously it's not that hard............that's what she said (The Office props)

So I've never played FFX before and plan to pick up the HD version soon. What can I expect? I'd like to point out I've never played another FF game before except the FFXIII trilogy and I enjoyed that one. Is the combat system in FFX hard to get used to?

I'm sure I will enjoy this game as I like games with intriguing stories and this one seems to have an interesting setting to it.

So I've never played FFX before and plan to pick up the HD version soon. What can I expect? I'd like to point out I've never played another FF game before except the FFXIII trilogy and I enjoyed that one. Is the combat system in FFX hard to get used to?

I'm sure I will enjoy this game as I like games with intriguing stories and this one seems to have an interesting setting to it.

The combat system shouldn't be hard to grasp, it's completely turn based and you can swap your party members in battle, you can also control Aeons (summons) which is really cool. The sphere grid system is awesome but you get to choose between the standard (everyone is already in specific roles) or expert (everyone starts out in the middle and you can give them whatever roles you want). I always choose expert but maybe for your first time you should choose standard since it might take a little getting used to. The battle system is very different to XIIIs battle system, but I'm sure it'll be easy enough to get the hang of :) it's a really great game and I'm envious of anyone getting to play it for the first time. Try to stay far away from spoilers though that's all I'll say.

The combat system shouldn't be hard to grasp, it's completely turn based and you can swap your party members in battle, you can also control Aeons (summons) which is really cool. The sphere grid system is awesome but you get to choose between the standard (everyone is already in specific roles) or expert (everyone starts out in the middle and you can give them whatever roles you want). I always choose expert but maybe for your first time you should choose standard since it might take a little getting used to. The battle system is very different to XIIIs battle system, but I'm sure it'll be easy enough to get the hang of :) it's a really great game and I'm envious of anyone getting to play it for the first time. Try to stay far away from spoilers though that's all I'll say.

Thanks for the advice. I will probably choose standard on my first playthrough so I don't mess anything up too badly. I've always been real good about avoiding spoilers too so I think I will be alright. It took me almost 2 years to beat FFXIII-2 (because I put it off for so long) and never once saw a spoiler. I've figured out where to avoid such places that would ruin game endings for me.

I've heard a lot about the leveling system in FFX too so will be exciting to see it.

I never played that game, how many hours of playtime do I have to calculate? (Normal mode and in first playthrough I don't need to achieve every little secret );)

I beat the game's final boss on my 40th hour or so. Afterward though I went back and tried to 100%the game and get every ability and such for allcharacters and I'm over 200 hours of gameplay on my save file.

The fucking butterfly catching, the chocobo race around that tower, and the chocobo flag thing for Tidus' weapon all pissed me off hardcore. The butterfly catching took me a fair amount of time to pass. I even stooped down and looked at a guide online that shows the location of the red ones. That way I could map out when and where to be. I feel like a fucking noob :facepaw:

The flag one I got the 0.0 on a night I was shit faced drunk. It was so random and so weird. Idk how I managed it, but somehow I beat it xD

Back