FFX General Discussion

Daenerys

The Last Dragon
Veteran
Gil
For all your general game banter!

What did you like / not like about this game? Is there something in particular you hated? Something you really enjoyed? Something that made you want to throw the game out of the window? Tell us all about them here!

The only complaint I have about this game is to do with the villains really. <_<

SEYMOUR! Gosh he was a pathetic excuse for a villain. I definitely wasn't entertained villain wise.

And SIN was just...yeah...a big lump of crap that floated around in the sky. However, I suppose if I was in Spira he would have been kind of scary.

They were too easy to beat in my opinion too. =/ I didn't feel any real challenge when I fought against them. Maybe I'll just go into battle with them at 0 leveling next time. I might feel the challenge then. XD

However, everything else pleased me.

Graphics, storyline, characters, music etc.

This is still my favourite game to this day though despite my comments. XD

I can't express how much I loved the relationship and bond that Tidus and Yuna formed throughout this game.

Sure the first time you play the game you pick up on subtle hints at Besaid Island and wonder what will happen between the 2, but as the game goes on it is incredible to see the passion they have for each other as they learn more about one another and are there for each other, good or bad.

Yeah I agree with Busta about the relationship with tidus and yuna it's built up very slowly and thats what's great about it they have a connection has well with Braska being her dad and Jecht tidus's dad being braska's guardian it all fits very perfect. the scene at macalania lake was just incredible.

As for the villians

Seymour was a great villian he was Smug arrogant annoying Evil and just plain freaky!!!! everything you would want a villian to be.

I am mixed with sin okay the idea was amazing That sin was there punishment for using machina and going against Yu-yevon. The idea of creating him to be some Massive Rock Turtle Typed beast i was not to sure about.

I loved All the characters They were done amazingly The graphics were Great the storyline was fantastic i also loved the Non playable characters A lot!! Like
Lucil Clasko Elma Oaka and loads more they all played a part in the storyline build up with i loved

whoever created the idea of blitzball deserves a medal It was a great addiction to FF10 and most defiantly one of the highlights of the game

Just one more thing though the sphere Grid It took me a long time to get use to this Although in the End i got there I would have prefered the game to have A normal typical final fantasy levelling up system but that does not mean i hated the sphere Grid am just traditional :D

Seymour was (even though he was a villain) an all round badass! *fire glows in eyes* They voiced him PERFECTLY!!!! And he was awesome looking. :P

Tidus was my favorite male character though, cause he reminds me alot of myself. >_> Mostly the crybaby part. v_v But his nimblness in battle resembles me, I want to cosplay as him one day if I could ever get out of the poorhouse...

Yuna was radiant. ^///^ Beautiful voice and amazing personality. ^_^

Rikku, well....I could go on forever about Rikku, I am part of a fan Club. ^_^

Wakka...meh.

Auron, I will forever worship him!

Lulu, didn't spark me much. :P

and Kimahri is alot like me too, I'm very silent when it comes to talking in person, course online I'm a chatterbox..

The graphics of the game were top notch compared to IX, one game apart and BAM! What an improvement. O.O

I'm not a big fan of the lovey-dovey Final Fantasy has to offer. VII was ok as it was just a little date, but the whole M. Lake thing just went a bit over the top for me.

Lulu and Kimahri were cool characters. I like the whole down-to-earth balancing they (though mostly Lulu 'cause Kimahri didn't speak) gave in contrast to the cheery Tidus and Rikku (who was absolutely great). A nice touch adding Auron who guarded Braska and now Yuna. It was nice to see him showing SOME humour too (ie: at the lightning temple (name slips my mind at the moment) with Yuna and her bed-head)

If they would have combined blitzball in X & X-2 in this game, it would have been a very time consuming, but fun, side-quest.

I loved Wakka. Only because whenever he got excited or angry, I could hear Bender from Futurama in the voice lol, it made me giggle.
Gamewise, I liked most of it. I really disliked Blitzball, but that didn't spoil the game for me.

The music=awesomeness

And Seymour genuinely scared me. His voice was so unexpected, but perfect

Loved the whole game. I found nothing wrong with it, dead serious. I mean, of course there's some things I'd want added or changed, but it's fine the way it is. The only thing I hate, is the sequel.

I loved Wakka. Only because whenever he got excited or angry, I could hear Bender from Futurama in the voice lol, it made me giggle.
Gamewise, I liked most of it. I really disliked Blitzball, but that didn't spoil the game for me.

The music=awesomeness

And Seymour genuinely scared me. His voice was so unexpected, but perfect

I laughed a little at this post because I agree with you so much. Actually, I laughed a little more than just a little. The true things are always the giggle-worthy things.

Aaah! I knew Wakka was Bender!
Seymour is creepy. D: Tidus should've been like "OBJECTION!" during the wedding. Unless he was, and I've forgotten because I'm senile ;D

I've just started playing FFX again, and the thing I'm most impressed with is the graphics. It looks so much better than FFXII, but that might be more cos of the beautiful locations in the game.

The voice acting is superb, the only dodgy one being the guy who does Tidus' voice. It just grates. Everything sounds so over emphasised when he talks.

I've just started playing FFX again, and the thing I'm most impressed with is the graphics. It looks so much better than FFXII, but that might be more cos of the beautiful locations in the game.

The voice acting is superb, the only dodgy one being the guy who does Tidus' voice. It just grates. Everything sounds so over emphasised when he talks.
I know exactly what you mean. That voice actor was horrid. Truly the only thing that worsened the game experience.

Looks better then XII? I wouldn't say that, but then again I am like a huge XII fan so it's kinda obvious hearing that from me. Albeit, locations were beautiful, but there was so much more eye candy in XII.

Speaking of voices, did it ever bug you when someone spoke really quickly, or gave an answer to something, but a very short answer? I found it a little bit. That, and the over shinyness of the faces made things a little bit lolworthy.

Yay for FFX! Grew up watching my brother play, he passed it on to me, and I fell in love. Meh on Yuna's voice, she sounded a little odd at times. Like in the begining, on the boat. (hehe, I'M ON A BOAT!) Anyway, she was talking to Tidus about Jecht, and she was like, But that was the same time! Ten years an five days a-go! with the accent on the go and the whole sentence sounded robot-like. Her voice was innocent though, which helped with her character. Auron or Kimarhi would be my favorites. Rikku is absolutley wonderful..
Lulu scared the shit out of me when I was little. >_>
Tidus is hawt. Wakka is boss. The idea of sin is cool, but the fact that they made him a giant fish thing that floats in mid-air made me laugh. Seymours voice is mysterious and I'm still in love with that man to this very day xD. Also, WHY DIDN'T LULU JUST TAKE THE DAMNED BELTS ON HER DRESS AND WHIP THE FIENDS!

I remember when I first bought this game without ever hearing anything about it. Then when I put it in and heard 'Listen to my story, this may be our last chance' my eyes tripled in size. 'VOICE ACTORS!!!??? AWESOMEE!'

I always impressed by how they covered not EVER calling Tidus by his name. It was smart when you think about it, as a player you'd feel a bit disconnected from the main character if you couldn't rename him

Last edited:
Seymour:He was a Great enemy.I actually wanted him to come back each time just to hear him speak and fight him in a new form

Tidus's back story:It really hit me hard,but in a good way to find out his true origin,although,i was dissapointed

The Aeons:Thought it was a nice name for the summons and they were all uniquely useful

Last edited:
Should I keep playing this game? I started playing this game a few weeks ago and stopped on the boatride in the beginning. Or should I play FF7? I need to beat an FF game this, I've never done it.

It's definitely worth at least a single playthrough. Admittedly the start can be a little tedious, but it'll suck you in soon enough if you put your mind to it.

Should I keep playing this game? I started playing this game a few weeks ago and stopped on the boatride in the beginning. Or should I play FF7? I need to beat an FF game this, I've never done it.

If this is your first attempt at a Final Fantasy I would recommend this one. It's on the shorter side compared to others and it's a bit easier to grasp.

Please play FFVII at some point though! That game is fantastic. Don't let the non-voice acting and graphics run you off.

Keep in mind though that each FF is quite different (unless you're playing a sequal such as FFX-2 or FFXI: RW).

Back