FFX General Discussion

These general discussion threads need more love, seriously. D:

i had a fail copy of FFX but i recently got it again damn those monster arena bosses are hard hes a good question who dislikes or likes blitz ball and for what reasonXD

There's a thread on this here . :hmmm:

I still wonder to this day why I replay this game so many times with all the cutscenes that drag on forever and ever. Or rather they seem that way since i've already seen them time and time again, it's because I love the story. :andry:

Although I do agree that it's a very linear game, it's impossible to deny actually. I don't mind it though, it's very story driven and I like that.

Its linear but it also expansive out side of the story, the other really linear FFXIII has no real sidequests to keep you busy while taking a break.........its just more fighting, ands while FFX has the monster arena and it takes a while to complete, there are other things to do.

I thought the cinematics which showed the characters as being more realistic, such as the one where Tidus and Yuna have that little love-story moment, to be a bit crude graphics-wise. Perhaps it's just because I'm used to more appropriate lighting and texturing after seeing the XIII characters.

Its linear but it also expansive out side of the story, the other really linear FFXIII has no real sidequests to keep you busy while taking a break.........its just more fighting, ands while FFX has the monster arena and it takes a while to complete, there are other things to do.

yeah your right it might be linear but its got somewhere where you can at least chill out at whether its a village,town or city!
I'd say that in FFXIII for all the linear gameplay at least the visuals and story make up for it..........

in this the story and gameplay make up for it.........so wy all the hating on the linear FFXIII?

This game was awesome everything was perfect about it (the story mode the characters ect.) Blitz ball was awesome and a very good Idea i would like to meet the person that came up whit it ... The villians were pretty cool and another thing I really liked about it was the twist at the end whit yeavon using machina and not following there teachings ..This game was amazing ..

I thought I posted here already.

Final Fantasy X is my favorite game of all time for a lot of reasons. The number one reason being story. I can't explain it but the story just grabbed at me and got me hooked from beginning to end. Lady Yuna is my favorite character from the game, ironically my least favorite character to use in battles because of her hit points. She was only really handy with summoning.

Least favorite character was Tidus. He just annoyed me and had plenty of moments where I'd face palm and feel embarrassed for the other characters. Although I couldn't imagine the game without him. Auron would be my second favorite character in the game followed by Wakka.

I liked Seymour and his whole backstory and development. I thought Sin was cool, kinda like Final Fantasy's version of Godzilla. I couldn't stop playing the game I just had to see the story to the end and oh man was it worth it. Asides from my personal feelings towards the Tidus character I couldn't say much I didn't like about the game overall. Everything about that world was fun for me.

Final Fantasy X is my favorite game of all time for a lot of reasons. The number one reason being story. I can't explain it but the story just grabbed at me and got me hooked from beginning to end. Lady Yuna is my favorite character from the game, ironically my least favorite character to use in battles because of her hit points. She was only really handy with summoning.

Least favorite character was Tidus. He just annoyed me and had plenty of moments where I'd face palm and feel embarrassed for the other characters. Although I couldn't imagine the game without him. Auron would be my second favorite character in the game followed by Wakka.

I liked Seymour and his whole backstory and development. I thought Sin was cool, kinda like Final Fantasy's version of Godzilla. I couldn't stop playing the game I just had to see the story to the end and oh man was it worth it. Asides from my personal feelings towards the Tidus character I couldn't say much I didn't like about the game overall. Everything about that world was fun for me.
Personally I liked Tidus because of his narrative/analytical nature. I really liked how he told the story at the beginning, and how he managed to handle his "confusion". It's too bad he acted corny sometimes too.

I didn't like Yuna from this game that much. She was supposed to be troubled about... you can guess it... but the acting (animation & voice acting) didn't successfully convince me of this.

People might already know what I thought of Wakka (liked him), so that leaves Auron. A lot of people seem to love Auron, but personally I saw him as being like...... I don't know, perhaps a more popular version of Jecht. There was something weird that I noticed in one of the cutscenes too... when Auron raised his sword to fight the monster as that battle was going on in which Seymour unleashed Anima (something like that?), I noticed that Auron's arm looked rather... weird and flabby instead of muscular. Did I miss something?

I'm sure glad myself that Seymour was in the game, because he was one of the only villains in X that I really liked. Him and 'lesca.

Regardless, I think I might have liked the game about or almost as much as you, but most of my reasons for liking it might have been different.

I. HATE. SEYMOUR.
He induces rage that few other have managed to incite in me.
I can't explain it, but I hate his guts. And not in the good way, like the way I hate Kuja, or the way I hate Hojo. I just hate him.

I never really used Yuna except for healing. I found using aeons to be too time consuming, really - most, if not all, enemies could be more quickly and efficiently dispatched with my normal party, as aeons only get one turn as opposed to a party's three.
I regretted it though - the Purifico was kind of tough for me. >.>
On all subsequent playthroughs I made sure Yuna's aeons got at least a little action in each area. I also made sure to do the Belgemine sidequest the second time round, as I missed most of it the first time.

Weirdly enough, although I've always said I didn't like Tidus, I actually guess I don't mind him that much. Sure, he's annoying sometimes, he makes you want to cringe, and he's a bit of a crybaby.
But I actually agreed with a lot of the stuff he said, and I guess I could empathise with him, which I guess was the developers' intentions.
I, too, thought Yevon was a bunch of bull. I, too, thought Seymour was a creep the first time I saw him.
And he was always a big part of my favoured party.

meh i agree with ya on some things....but aeons help me more then you could imagine... tidus....i don't find him to be a crybaby, infact if you found out there everything you've done in the past was all a dream....including yourself, you'd cry aswell...... can't imagine that anyone wouldn't, yuna has a big role to play as her aeons overdrives, well most of em do massive damage when you are new to the game, seymour i've hated since he was first seen in luca....it was one of those " :srsly: " moments, he sorta creeped me out at first then i liked the fact when i got to destroy him soon afterwords

Personally I liked Tidus because of his narrative/analytical nature. I really liked how he told the story at the beginning, and how he managed to handle his "confusion". It's too bad he acted corny sometimes too.

I didn't like Yuna from this game that much. She was supposed to be troubled about... you can guess it... but the acting (animation & voice acting) didn't successfully convince me of this.

People might already know what I thought of Wakka (liked him), so that leaves Auron. A lot of people seem to love Auron, but personally I saw him as being like...... I don't know, perhaps a more popular version of Jecht. There was something weird that I noticed in one of the cutscenes too... when Auron raised his sword to fight the monster as that battle was going on in which Seymour unleashed Anima (something like that?), I noticed that Auron's arm looked rather... weird and flabby instead of muscular. Did I miss something?

I'm sure glad myself that Seymour was in the game, because he was one of the only villains in X that I really liked. Him and 'lesca.

Regardless, I think I might have liked the game about or almost as much as you, but most of my reasons for liking it might have been different.

Yeah as much as I love Yuna her English voice acting was awkward... It was like this

"My father I... loved him."

She'd trail off at times one wouldn't normally trail off on what was up with that? It grew on me though. I didn't notice Auron's arm being flabby anywhere in the game, mainly because I didn't look at his arms that much.

I can still to this day replay and REPLAY FFX. There are not many games I can do that to but FFX is one of them.

It's the storyline that just captures me and keeps me entertained. I learn something new everytime I play it and it just keeps me even more interested. The battle system is just great and everytime I play I can make someone go onto a new grid and be a whole new character. It's great.

It makes me want to play it right now actually.

Someone once told me, "Dude, Auron is one of the greatest Final Fantasy characters of all-time." I kinda laughed it off, thinking he was just bullishing me. Then, I heard lots of people saying the same thing. And I thought, "Damn. Sure wished I gave Final Fantasy X a try."

If it ever comes to PSN, then I may get my wish.
Moral of the story: Don't sleep on video games or you'll be sorry.

Someone once told me, "Dude, Auron is one of the greatest Final Fantasy characters of all-time." I kinda laughed it off, thinking he was just bullishing me. Then, I heard lots of people saying the same thing. And I thought, "Damn. Sure wished I gave Final Fantasy X a try."

If it ever comes to PSN, then I may get my wish.
Moral of the story: Don't sleep on video games or you'll be sorry.

Hrmmm....PS2's are very very cheap now-a-days. I highly suggest you get one and go buy FFX which is also very cheap. It's a great game that I think any FF Fan would need in their collection. Most def.

Hrmmm....PS2's are very very cheap now-a-days. I highly suggest you get one and go buy FFX which is also very cheap. It's a great game that I think any FF Fan would need in their collection. Most def.

Dang, you're right. Now I just need to get off my lazy bum and pick one up! There is more incentive for me to do this, as I can replay the Suikodens and pick up Final Fantasy XI to keep me occupied until they release Final Fantasy XIV for the PS3.

If you have the right model of the PS3 you can play PS2 games on it. But if not, you can get them pretty cheap. Not to mention the PS2 has some of the best RPGs on it. FFX was the game I got with my PS2 :D

The PS2 has been discontinued hasn't it? I went into my local warehouse where they had a sign up saying "We no longer stock the PS2 console as they are out of production" What's the deal? Ps2's are still selling strong aren't they? I still play mine even though I have a PS3 and Xbox. I only play it for FFX though :D

Well they're not the current gen so regardless of how well they're still selling Sony is evil and stops marketing them. I think they still sell slims at my local Walmart, but I haven't been there in a while. I was going to start another file on FFX a bit back but then I forgot...

Back