FFX General Discussion

Final Fantasy X is the best FF imo. The story is just wonderful and the characters are no walking stereotypes. The gameplay is well thought out. Artwork and design of the world is just beautiful, far more creative than other FFs.

I really enjoyed the story, one of the best in the series of FF. The graphics and music were awsome. It also has alot of replay value, I played it 5 times and still find new secrets.
As for the complaints, the voice over was poor, but it was their first shot. The villians weren't all that great and I don't get why they have multiple final bosses at the end, like Sin, Seymour, and Braska's Final Aeon, but this isn't a big deal to me.

Has anyone unlock the 99999 break?
That's when you go back to the cave to defend Nemesis and the other unlock monsters....

First and foremost, I hated Yuna. She was TOO nice, TOO innocent, TOO 'good'. That and I Didn't like the way she was dressed. -_-

Thinking past my hatred for Yuna, the game was great in almost every aspect. Loved blitzball, all of the characters were really thoroughly 'opened' through the game, it was great to be able to switch them in battle, Graphics were whoa, lack of the world map unusual but not too bad, and it finally had voice acting.

I love FFX, I don't think there's anyhting I can fault on it, bar the poor placement of some of the dark aeons -__-

The sphere grid is my favourite way of stat building ever. I like to store up my moves and just faff about on the grid for hours :ryan:

Capturing monsters gets abit tiring mind, especially when there's jsut one you need, though I seem to have been lucky this run through and managed to catch everything I need fairly easily. Still got Omega ruins to finish catching in though, I just play it as and when now, all Im doing is trainging and shit once Ive been through there and beat Omega. I jsut want to get the capturing out of the way

Also, Auron, best character EVER :rage:

For saying that about Auron, you are AWESOME Bambi. Why is it I don't hear enough Auron love? Probably because the girls keep staring at Tidus. I love the game, though I actually think it was a little short. You can finish it in 40ish hours, but I wanted more story. I suppose everything that had to be told was, I just thought it could have been a little longer.

Also, I have one question/gripe. I heard a rumor years ago that with Tidus, you pronounced his name like T-eeh-dus. At the time I laughed and scoffed and thought it was moronic. I thought it sounded stupid. I have and will always say it like T-eye-dus. But then Dissidia came out, and even the characters are calling him T-eeh-dus! It drives me insane!

Maybe its just me, maybe its because I'm not English, who knows. I mean, I realize I have said a couple names wrong in the past for YEARS. Like with Yuffie. I always said it like Y-uhf-ee, but really it should be Y-ooh-fee. Okay, I'll give on that. But I just can't handle the T-eeh-dus thing. It sounds awful to my ears. It's always on the vowels, whether it has to sound with an eh, or an ee. Like with Cecil, I HAVE to say it like C-ee-cil. If someone says C-eh-cil, I suddenly feel inclined to cause physical pain to whoever is closest to me.

Is it just me? Am I just weird? I know I am to some degree but...XD

I really think it's unnecessary to pronounce it Teedus... It was that way in japanese, okay, but different languages have different pronunciations of names and places! Hell, my own name is Vika in russian, but Vicky in english. Entirely different sounds. So yeah, I refuse to read it as anything but Teyedus too.

Same with Y-uhf-ee, btw.

I liked the way could use the aoens in battle, blitzball was great, the many side quests.
I didn't like betting Seymore so many times i mean just die punk.
i hated the long timly secene, like just let me kill something god dam it.
I really enjoied the grid, after i got double AP i was sailing caption, and bitzball great idea koodos to the man you thought of that one.
Capturing monsters, like i'd thing i had them all BUT NO one or two slip though the net and really gets up my gum tree.

and blitzball what or who got the highest score on that thing
( mines 20-0 )

ITP

This is just my favorite game. The story is lovely, the characters are believable, and it just brings out so many emotions in you. The only thing I hated about this game was Kimihari. I hated this character, never used him unless I had too. Useless... dumb and ugh. I loved the romance, I'm big on romance XD. PLus, I finally had a character I could relate too.

Ah ha, I agree on the Tee-dus thing , I heard it first time in KH, and was like...do not want. I still hate the way Yuffie is pronounced as well, Ive got far too used to pronouncing them the way Im used to

And I'm like, Aurons biggest fan girl.... I challenge anyone to be more obsessed with him than me 8F I'd totally have sex with his voice. I think that's one of the things that does it for me xD And if he was like, a real dude, Id make it my mission to hunt him down and stalk him. There's someone who cosplayed him rally well actually - there's a picture in a thread somewhere I almost died when I saw it. It was hot

First and foremost, I hated Yuna. She was TOO nice, TOO innocent, TOO 'good'. That and I Didn't like the way she was dressed.
sleep.gif

I over looked that before, although I didnt HATE her, she WAS too nice and innocent, I absolutely detested her voice actor and I really didnt like her outfit eaither, it would of been ok if it wasnt for that godawful purple skirt

Also. Blitzball. Hate it with a burning passion. I sat and did it for 12 hours straight, I swear I was suicidal time I finished -__-

I loved Yuna. :gonk:

I didn't like the part in the Spring where she cried though. Seemed a bit fake. Though I think Tidus sounded more mature and down to earth in that scene.

Not that I don't like him when he's being silly and fun. XD *Loves Tidus*

I love FFX Yuna more then FFX-2 Yuna.

I never really found anything about Yuna that I disliked, but that's just me personally.

AND I HATED BLITZBALL TOO KELLY!

I played it once or twice and cursed at it so much while playing. XD

Maybe I'm just a mellow guy who somehow understands the characters, but I liked Yuna. I didn't find anything particularly wrong with her. With her dress, were we talking about X-2, because I thought her summoner outfit was really well done. I'm talking about X anyway.

I don't think the Spring scene was fake, with her crying. I mean, practically since she was a kid (who most assume) she wanted to be a summoner. Finally on Besaid Island she succeeded. Fast forward to icky Seymour wanting to get married to Yuna, to bring a different kind of calm and peace to Spira. Yuna was legitimately thinking it over, she had wanted to be a summoner since she was young, was in the middle of her Pilgrimage, set in sacrificing herself, now she was actually contemplating of giving it up for marriage. Honestly, a situation like that would probably make me upset enough to want to cry.

However, I never liked Tidus. Strangely though, despite that, FFX is still the Final Fantasy I've replayed the most. It's one of the best ensemble cast in my opinion. But anyway, I didn't think the 'romantic' relationship was ever really there. Tidus didn't want to see someone he knew die in front of him and in a moment of weakness, they kissed. Honestly, the only romantic story that has ever succeeded in Final Fantasy in my opinion is FFVIII. Me hating Tidus probably didn't help with the 'relationship in FFX either.

As for Blitzball, I liked it in FFX. It was X-2 where they ruined it. I want to PLAY Blitzball, not watch it. I had fun playing against other teams, leveling up, learning new skills and the like. I dunno, it was just fun. But no mini game should be played for more than an hour straight in my mind. It'd make anyone suicidal, so I think that might have been a bad idea, Bambi. XD

First time I played it, I immediately moved VII down to number 2, and put this at number 1. Perfect... Well, almost perfect. Clearly they proved with X that they (Squaresoft, not SE), could adapt quickly.

Only problems I had: Seymour. Psh, way too obvious. When the main dude right up front says, "Yeah, I don't trust him as far as I can throw a Shoopuf," but all the other characters say, "He's the absolute coolest dude in the universe," it's pretty bad.

End of the story line definitely felt rushed, but I can't think of a way to stretch that out at all really.

Gonna knock out two complaints in one sentence here: Blitzball, ya? I understood it was a necessary part of the game, ya know? But... I hated playing after Luca, ya? Never got Wakka's super weapon. Oh wells.

Loved the characters personalities. Loved Auron hiding some information, because it was obvious that no one would believe him unless they saw the stuff for themselves, but some times it came off weird.

I actually developed and still have to this day a crush on both Yuna and Rikku. And no, I'm never embarrassed by anything.

Tidus got annoying some times, but I liked how they made him actually ignorant of what's really going on, and at the same time, demanding to know more with every new area they got to.

But at least I got to learn a new language and new insults. Hornless.

Speaking of voices, did it ever bug you when someone spoke really quickly, or gave an answer to something, but a very short answer?

HA, yes. Especially when Tidus was like "I wanted to see Yuna's statue too... but I wanted to see it, withYunabymyside." on Gagazet. I was getting ready to witness one of those aw moments, but then that came out of his mouth and I was like what the hell.

As for "something that made you want to throw this game out the window", I'm surprised that nobody mentioned "my old man" and "this is my story" quotes. Maybe I'm just a really angry person but that pissed me off to no end.

I'm surprised that nobody mentioned "my old man" and "this is my story" quotes. Maybe I'm just a really angry person but that pissed me off to no end.

I gotta agree about my old man quotes, they we're annoying. But as a sort of confession I liked everything about Auron's character. Even the your story part, because it felt less 'rammed down your throats'.

I mean one of the main things about the game is how well the Characters fit together, and the amount of other plot points that can only be found out by talking with certain characters or doing certain things in the game.

I am also going to say the following sentence, mainly to see if anyone agrees with me.

:awesome: wouldn't FFX make the best movie ever? I mean I liked advent children but it was kind of depressing and you needed to have completed VII to understand the frigging thing, and the spirit within was just completely unrelated. I think that they should make a movie about the events in the game of FFX and not just about the world that X is set in. and once again I repeat

x3OMFGIWANTTHISTOBEAMOVIEALLAURONLOVERSAREAWESOMEANDWELCOMETOTHESCHOOLOFAURONSAWESOMENESS

this is probaly my favorite final fantsy (im not sure if its 10 or 9).

what i liked aout this was:

the caracters both good and evil (the only one that was realy anoying was prollly Brother(rikkus brother (the al bhed))) among the main characters ma fav was Rikku, Lulu or Auron.

They realy managed to pull of a good story were the characters developed over time, and not just a little like in most games but alot some more and some less ofc but overall a good story.

the blitzball is a real prize winner you could play it 4 hours and it was realy fun (mostly couse if jecht shot PWNAGE!)

what i didnt like was prolly sin... he/she/it was like a huge flying ditto or somthing it just didnt work... it was like OMGZ sin is here OMGZ oh now hes gone lala lets move on.... it just failed

Of the main Final Fantasy games, Final Fantasy X is my third favourite FF game, FFVII and FFVIII being the two I like more than it atm.

FFX was a great improvement in many ways, it was the first FF game on PS2 so of course big upgrade on the graphics, and there was voices, and I liked the battle system, I feel much less rushed, and can make better decisions with it being a turn order, not active time battling.

And I love how the Aeons work (the summoning system); you summon one, then it fights in battle like any character, so you can actually control their actions. It is so cool to fight as Bahamut. :awesome:

So yeah, great game. Also like the story, very enjoyable. :)

What I've played so far of this game, I've loved...but it's very little. Seriously, the disk freezes up everytime I get to meet Sin for the first time. We get to a guy holding the wheel and....freeze. Hopefully I can actually get the disk clean or just buy a new one and sort of all that though.

You know, the first time I played this game when it first came out, I used to think to myself about how much I hated Tidus as a main character. I was on the "hate Tidus" bandwagon. But after all these years, of playing the game and watching cutscenes on YouTube, I've really come to appreciate Tidus as the main character, and especially the entire game.

I always said that FF9 was my favorite, but FF10, being the first with Voice over acting, and actual facial expressions, not to mention a great story...my mind is wondering why FF10 isn't my favorite of them all. No other final fantasy game has ever given me the ability to actually tear up a bit in my eyes.

I honestly can't think of anything that I really didn't enjoy about this game.

I haven't completed the game yet, but so far I am enjoying it and there isn't too much about it that I don't like, apart from when you have to play Blitzball! If anything in the game does confuse me lol it's that! The rules etc. and it goes so quick, can't keep up, can't take it all in, meh!
My fav characters are Yuna and Tidus! I think they look so sweet together when it's just the two of them chatting and laughing! Tidus is so silly and goofy XD But you gotta love him! The graphics and music are awesome, love them!
Well, as I'm still currently playing this, haven't really got much to say about it at this point, but as soon as I get further, I'll keep adding more.

Back