FFVII General Discussion

I can't have been the first to witness this bit of dialog from a probably by now cliched renaming of Barrett.

20150822_113528.jpg

When you are on the last few stages before fighting Sephiroth, you open a chest only to get a Hi-Potion. How can that possibly be of any help to you when you have 9999 HP?

When you are on the last few stages before fighting Sephiroth, you open a chest only to get a Hi-Potion. How can that possibly be of any help to you when you have 9999 HP?

I bet the magic pots had something to do with that. Bloody Pots. Asking for megalixirs, and give nothing in return. Whack em with Ultima weapon is what I do.

I'm actually only playing the game for the first time now. Better late than never right? I've seen Advent Children and played Dirge of Cerberus years before, so I kind of have an idea of what's going on and who's who. I know that Aeris dies and that there's some kind of secret extraterrestrial experimentation going on. But that's literally all I know about it. So far I'm at the start, where Cloud has just saved Aeris from the Turks and he slept a night at her house. I'm growing quite fond of this game already. I find the battles a little too easy though, but I guess it makes sense if it's only at the beginning ^_^ I can't wait to meet Vincent - he left a huge impression on me in AC and DoC for some reason.

I'm actually only playing the game for the first time now. Better late than never right? I've seen Advent Children and played Dirge of Cerberus years before, so I kind of have an idea of what's going on and who's who. I know that Aeris dies and that there's some kind of secret extraterrestrial experimentation going on. But that's literally all I know about it. So far I'm at the start, where Cloud has just saved Aeris from the Turks and he slept a night at her house. I'm growing quite fond of this game already. I find the battles a little too easy though, but I guess it makes sense if it's only at the beginning ^_^ I can't wait to meet Vincent - he left a huge impression on me in AC and DoC for some reason.

Just so you know, Vincent is entirely optional. I won't say any more in case of spoilers :).

I'm actually only playing the game for the first time now. Better late than never right?

Awesome, I hope you're enjoying it and it sparks even more interest in the rest of the series too! There always seems to be at least 1 character in every FF game that catches a gamers attention big time and you connect with or sympathize with over all the others. For me it was kinda Red XIII. Yes, weird, a cat. I know. But his backstory, relationships with Buegenhagan (spelling?), and the sacrifice his dad Seto made was a cool little side-piece and break from the main helter-skelter of the plot.

Is good to hear that you are playing the series one by one. I consider you to play the compilation to understand the story a bit more. Keep playing and you will be filled with so much information about each character and their stories.

Back