Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Bambi Branford
FFXIV Server
Lamia
For all your general game banter!

What did you like / not like about this game? Is there something in particular you hated? Something you really enjoyed? Something that made you want to throw the game out of the window? Tell us all about them here!

Battle Square made me want to cry. That thing was ridiculous. I never got his level 4 limit manual (someday though...*glares at game). It was just so...urrrrrrrrrrrrrgh..and the black chocobo in the chocobo races! It's the mosdt obnoxious thing ever when you are trying to get your chocobos up to S level!!!!!!!!!!!! Although apparently the thing about not being able to beat him is false...because I did.....sure it was like..once out of about 5 million times...but still....you cannot imagine the look of pure shock on my face when I crossed the finish line before that effin bird.

What's the Yoshiyuki sword all about? I've got it but don't get the description.

"Sword is used when ally is down"

WTF does that mean. :wacky:

Anyway, playing this, the world map especially in battle is reminding me alot of X (or should it be the other way round? :monster: )

Absolutely loving playing through again, can't believe I left it so long to actually do it.

Last edited:
I laughed so damn hard over Aerith's idea about how to get Tifa out of Don Coreno's mansion and then stumbling across the 'Group Room' in the honey bee inn...

LOL The Group Room! Mukki and the hot tub anybody?! :awesome: I really have to say, I wonder how that particular scene would turn out if FFVII were ever re-made. :wacky: Did you go through and get all the extra items like the Sexy Cologne, Blonde Wig, etc...so the Don would pick Cloud? :wacky: I did. xD I think it's hilarious when he chooses Cloud. It's awesome though. xD I always laugh at that scene in the game. And Tifa's reaction to seeing Cloud in a dress...xD

DLFlux said:
What's the Yoshiyuki sword all about? I've got it but don't get the description.

"Sword is used when ally is down"

WTF does that mean
I think it means that the weapon becomes stronger if an ally is KO'd. I'm thinking the description is another slightly stupidly worded FFVII thing!

Aerith said:
LOL The Group Room! Mukki and the hot tub anybody?! :awesome: I really have to say, I wonder how that particular scene would turn out if FFVII were ever re-made.
Ahaha. *wants to hear Steve Burton say "Can you go do someone else" so badly* Even as a very young, naive girl that scene disturbed me. The whole crossdressing thing is done in such a charming fashion that it stays just the right side of eccentric mini game....but the hot tub scene? Wtf were they smoking? I loved how Tifa and Aerith bonded over dressing Cloud up like a girl, and Cloud got off really lightly too....if it was me I never would have let him forget it. I would have taken pictures!

Wall Market was my favourite part of the game, Im so sadistic I take him to the group room and make him join in everytime, I just cant help it. I demand a remake JUST for the whole Wall Market experience and seeing how they dress cloud up as a woman :wacky:

Does this game know when you're trying to do something?

Going for Great Gospel right now, on the way there, was getting annoyed by the constant battles every 2 bloody seconds. Now I've got to the cave and need to fight a couple of more times to get the last two digits the same, no fucker is showing up to fight me. :wacky:

Ahahaha that happened to me last time, I didnt want to run to far fromt he enntrance of that cave just incase but i swear i was running around in circles for AGES trying to get into fights to get the matching digits xD

Was bloody annoying.

Especially after I had a complete idiotic moment. For some reason I thought you needed the Tiny Bronco to get to the cave, so took that all the way around, then realised what a n00b I'd just been, so had to go all the way back to get the buggy. :wacky:

Ah well, got it now.

I'm replaying FFVII at the moment, and having a load of fun with it ^^ I've just got Red XIII on my team and I'm training Aerith and Barret - my two favourite party members - and I must say, Breath of the Earth is the most pathetic limit break ever. I only need to use it 2 more times to get Fury Brand though, which is amazing :awesome:

Also, I never realised stealing could yield such great rewards. Aerith and her striking staff takes off more damage by attacking than both Cloud and Barret O_O and I just stole 3 Carbon Bangles and Cloud's Hardedge, normally I have Buster Sword until Kalm x_x

Also, I never realised stealing could yield such great rewards. Aerith and her striking staff takes off more damage by attacking than both Cloud and Barret O_O and I just stole 3 Carbon Bangles and Cloud's Hardedge, normally I have Buster Sword until Kalm x_x
Same, it's a good way of obtaining a few items earlier i've found.
It's normally better to try and steal from boss battles I think, but morph is one of the best materias later on anyway, kind of nulling out steal, like, you can get Ribbons from Master Tonberries in the northern cave on disc 3, and you get morph just about every type of source from monsters in the Gelnika. :gasp:

A good tip would be (Which I have done before), after getting the Morph materia from temple of the ancients, go to Gongaga and go to the worn out reactor and fight the monster that's around there. (I think there's only one monster there, it's kinda like a tank <_<) Anyway sense it to see how much HP it has, and morph it (On the finishing blow) and it gives a guard source. :awesome:

..or I think it was a guard source >_>
Just try it and you'll find out. :pikamon:

You won't get anything from stealing from alot of the bosses, in the earlier stages of the game anyway. Actually, I can't remember any boss having anything throughout the whole first disk.

Anyways, yeah you can get great stuff early in the game by stealing. When you get to Mt. Nibel, if you run into a dragon type creature, he'll use the flame thrower enemy skill if you haven't already got it. Plus you can steal Gold Armlet from him.

Oh I know, stealing from bosses is stupid. But stealing from random enemies is great. xD I'm using a guide anyway, it tells me which enemies to steal from, and it's working brilliantly so far. xD

I wonder if I should bother training up to kill the Midgar Zolom? I could always get Aerith's level 3 limit breaks and kill it then. I'm not sure if Beta is worth the trouble though. D=

How far are you? You can always go back when you have the buggy if you haven't got it already.

I've just finished the really long Cloud flashback in Kalm. xD

Cloud is level 16 and has just learnt Blade Beam.

Aerith is level 16 and has Fury Brand.

Barret is level 15 and still needs to learn his level 2 limit. D=<

I think level 20-ish is enough to kill the Midgar Zolom right? That, or get Aerith's level 3 limit breaks, and just make them invincible >_>

I brought the strategy Guide the other Day from the Market near Mine it was still sealed and everything For £3 Bargain :D

Anyway think am going to reply it with the guide very Shortly. I remember the First time I played FF7 i tried to outrun the midgar Zolom And he Always got me!!! I waited til he was in the far corner and went to the other side and Just Ran for my life

Yeah I was having the same problem. I wasn't strong enough to defeat him so I avoid him and continue the game. I never knew that he had the beta enemy skill until I bought the strategy guide book. I tried to get it for the secound time but I didn't because I accidently killed him.

Last edited:
I've just finished the really long Cloud flashback in Kalm. xD

Cloud is level 16 and has just learnt Blade Beam.

Aerith is level 16 and has Fury Brand.

Barret is level 15 and still needs to learn his level 2 limit. D=<

I think level 20-ish is enough to kill the Midgar Zolom right? That, or get Aerith's level 3 limit breaks, and just make them invincible >_>

Quite possible, just make sure you've got the best equips available.

I think he's level 26 himself, with 4000HP.

Back