FFVII General Discussion

I enjoyed playing Final Fantasy 7 there so many good thing's about the game like the materia system I also like the Gold Saucer it was a great idea to have a place where you could just play game's. Final Fantasy 7 has a great story line and Sephiroth is the best villain ever.

I've been replaying the game, and I've been enjoying it quite a bit. I'm at the dreaded spot, outside the Temple of the Ancients. I've been avoiding going in, doing side things, leveling up around Mideel etc, because after that I lose Aerith, which I'm not quite ready for yet. ): But on the other hand, the leveling up helps the rest of my party, and my materia, so it's all good.

I just ruined the play at the Gold Saucer on my date with Aerith. I was cracking up at her reaction. That has to go under an epic FFVII moment.

I think the thing that I dislike most on FFVII is that it has too many clichés. Not that they ruin the story or the gameplay, but it could have been much better. The story is very good anyway, the character development is great and it has one of the best characters ever (Aerith) if you run away from clichés and look for deeper meanings for her.

As an RPG, it is not the best of the games, but as an entertainment game, it is very fun, with CG videos, character interaction, mini-games, etc. It is not the best RPG of its era (Fallout), not the best storyline for an RPG up to its release (Betrayal at Krondor) and maybe not even the best FF game to date (FFVI), but it was surely a great game and its importance is greater in introducing gamers to new generation games and rpgs. Because of that, it still have a soft spot in millions of hearts and that is why FFVII is so mportant.

As I posted before..I started a new FFVII file in late October. I'm at the end of Disc 1 now (right before the Temple of the Ancients) and I'm beginning to think this file is shaping up to be better than the file I first beat it with. At the very least I'll have much less to do on disc 2 & 3

Right now:

Cloud: Has level 4 limit (Omnislash), equipped with Rune Blade (Growth x2), Diamond Bangle, and Power Wrist, Level 52
Aerith: Has level 4 limit (Great Gospel), equipped with Wizer Staff (Growth x2), Level 52
Vincent Limit Level 1.1 (currently working on getting his limits), equipped with Peacemaker (2x growth, 2 linked materia slots, 1 unliked - 3), Diamond Bangle armour, Level 45)
Tifa: Limit level 3.2, Equipped with Motor Drive (3 unlinked materia slots, 2x growth), Diamond Bangle, level 47)
Yuffie: Limit level 3.2, Equipped with Twin Viper (4 unlinked Materia slots), Diamond Bangle (2 sets of 2 linked and 1 unlinked), Protect Vest, Level 47)
Cid: Haven't put in my party at all yet..he's next after i'm done beefing up Vincent (Level 46)
Red XIII: Level 43, Limit level 2.1 (Blood fang), Equipped with Seraph comb (4 unlinked materia slots, 1x growth, Diamond Bangle, and Power Wrist)
Barret: Limit level 2.2 (Hammerblow), Equipped with W Machine Gun (2x growth, 3 unlinked materia slots) Diamond Bangle, Fairy Ring, Level 43)
Cait Sith: Level 43, default everything. He has, and always will warm my bench so to speak.

I've got almost all my green materia mastered. I only have like 3 more and i'll be at a master green materia, I've mastered, or am close to mastering a few summons, and i've mastered deathblow, steal, sense, and manipulate

yeah..i'm bored lol

I just replayed through that part and I kept picking on the knight in the play haha great part

I just ruined the play at the Gold Saucer on my date with Aerith. I was cracking up at her reaction. That has to go under an epic FFVII moment.

I started playing this about a month ago, borrowed it from my Uncle. I have played this game so many times but not even making it past the first disc. I just started disc 3 but I'm going to do some side stuff before I go to the end. The game has been amazing so far, many plot twists and more background stories for the characters. I can believe that I'm at the end, can't wait to beat the game.

Personally FF7 is the best FF game in the series maybe with the exception of FFX.
But as FF7 was the first FF game and also the first RPG I played, FF7 holds a special place in my heart. :awesome:

The characters of FF7 where all amazing in their own ways:
Cloud; For his amazing hair, sword, amazing emotional scenes, romance with both Aeris/th and Tifa.
Tifa; For her skills as a beat down type character.
Barrett; For his gun arm, limit breaks and all round bad ass aura.
Red XIII; For his entrance and ability to talk even though he's an animal.
Cait Sith; For being able to rise from the dead after the Sephiroth incident in the temple.
Cid; For his smoking, air ship captaining, amazing limit breaks and for wielding a huge spear.
Vincent; For being a mysterious type character and also for his coffin sleeping arrangements.
Yuffie; For her ninja skills, coming from an amazingly scenic country and for wielding a shuriken.

There are also a few of the bad guys that where amazing in their own rights, Hojo, Sephiroth, Rufus and also Dyne, although they have no way to compare to the others.

The story was what kept me playing the game until the end, along with the extras such as snowboarding, chocobo racing and capturing and also for the materia side of things.

.FTR.

I've been replaying the game, and I've been enjoying it quite a bit. I'm at the dreaded spot, outside the Temple of the Ancients. I've been avoiding going in, doing side things, leveling up around Mideel etc, because after that I lose Aerith, which I'm not quite ready for yet. ): But on the other hand, the leveling up helps the rest of my party, and my materia, so it's all good.

If you want there are some 'legal' methods of the getting Aerith back that includes cheating devices or if you have an emulator.....I'll keep it at that. PM me for the rest.

I just replayed through that part and I kept picking on the knight in the play haha great part
Lol,

Who do you have a problem with?

A) King
B) Evil Guy
C) Knight

I picked the Knight, too. Also the question before that one (I forget the question), I picked the King.

Gold Saucer

I remember the first time i got to the gold saucer i woud create a 2nd save point just so that i could keep going back to play all the games in the arcade.

my favorite still has to be Snowboarding with "Cloud":sup:

Just beat the game for the first ever in my life and it was amazing. What a golorious game. How epic was that last cutscene?

Lol screw the minigames, Battle Square ftw!

In terms of timing and the feeling, the cutscene I've dubbed "The Hells Gate" (Aerith's Death) was pretty awesome, but only cos Sephiroth executed the move perfectly, then chickened out and flew off.

Best overall is the scene where cloud gets sucked through the wormhole to fight final form seph. the look in seph and clouds eyes says it all.

If you want there are some 'legal' methods of the getting Aerith back that includes cheating devices or if you have an emulator.....I'll keep it at that. PM me for the rest.

Guernsey You can get Aerith back :gasp:....I'd love to play with her,not that I'm a fan of her of course.

Can ya tell me or PM me how?

I remember the first time i got to the gold saucer i woud create a 2nd save point just so that i could keep going back to play all the games in the arcade.

my favorite still has to be Snowboarding with "Cloud":sup:

I've done that multiple times. I loved the games. Snowboarding was amazing.

I just realized that I've never even beaten the game yet. Huh. I don't even own a copy. I should really obtain a copy, shouldn't I?

I just realized that I've never even beaten the game yet. Huh. I don't even own a copy. I should really obtain a copy, shouldn't I?

Yes, yes you should.
I love Gold Saucer...Also I love like...The chocobo breeding and races. I think it's awesome!

Yes, yes you should.
I love Gold Saucer...Also I love like...The chocobo breeding and races. I think it's awesome!

One of my friends has one of the original copies of FFVII. Before it got put on the PS1 Greatest Hits list.

Chocobos...are...so...cute! I remember watching my friend's older brother racing the chocobos. Before I knew what it was, I ended up calling them "chicken-things". That's what they looked like to me, anyways.

Back