FFVII General Discussion

This installment of the series was the first one that got me into Final Fantasy, how I first came to hear about the game. I never actually played this one myself but I had watched my eldest brother play it loads and the more I watched him play the more I wanted to have a go myself! I loved the music especially the battle theme and my fav character was Red XIII.
That's all I have to say about this particular FF game, as I never got to play it but those are some memories I have of it and I remember some of the names of the characters, but that's it.

Final Fantasy VII was my first play too. I thought it had the best story line, where Final Fantasy sort of resembles copy characters. I saw Aeris in Yuna, and I saw Yuna in Ashe. But hopefully Final Fantasy will put us on the edge of our seats in XIII, I'm excited for it. But Final Fantasy VII was a break through for me and the one I remember the most. Great characters and epic story and plot.

Final Fantasy VII was my first play too. I thought it had the best story line, where Final Fantasy sort of resembles copy characters. I saw Aeris in Yuna, and I saw Yuna in Ashe. But hopefully Final Fantasy will put us on the edge of our seats in XIII, I'm excited for it. But Final Fantasy VII was a break through for me and the one I remember the most. Great characters and epic story and plot.

Agreed but now they just copy the outline of FF7's story for any new game, maybe this is where the FFVII hate spawned from?

I agree, didn;t they even use Yuna's movement for Ashe?

Look at us all these years later still talking about FFVII in a positive way....thats the true mark of this game to have made such an impression on us all to a great part of our lives, l for one love this game, in all respects save one: its seriously dated and l found it hard to play.

This is like the only game l have left that has super-deformed characters on it, now that l'm getting older l found myself drawn to more mature games like FFVIII or FFXIII which is a shame coz'of me huge love for FFVII's......sigh....smack.....mfff....oh Hi and welcome to the Iccicle INN weapon Shop!

Wow, were you catching a cold, Galaxy? xD And mature? How is FFVII not mature? :vikki:

It is the FF game where one of the Playable Characters dies, and other characters deal with things like deaths, and facing a truth one had all wrong (this character: :nanaki:). I say it is plenty mature. :/

VII is mature. Remember the Bee place with the girls? Or when Cloud has to save TIfa and Yuffie?

That seems mature to me.

Ah yes, of course. Cloud dressing up like a girl though, that probably brought about that "Uh, what?" feeling in some of the gamers as they played through that early stage of the game. xD

Also, Vincent is all mature and badass, a mature character I dare say. >.>

Look what Ive started lol!

Sure the story is great and ticks all the boxes as far as emotional content choice consequences and the like, its just dated and I feel I need to presented with realism.....and not have one of the best stories in FF be told via super-deformed block people dammit!

Getting over heated......

I play FFVIII a lot and its appeals to me more because of the realism, even though l like the FFVII guys better,,,,,and the Honey Bee inn saga was all kinds of hilarious:P

Last edited:
I Have Played all the games and watched all the movies having to do or be connected to FF7 but none of them really connects in the story in a right way, like in FF7 when Cloud tells his story about Sephiroth but in Crisis Core It's the same story but with Zach As Cloud I don't get that, and with Advent Children that totally through me of wake with the story!?!

I Have Played all the games and watched all the movies having to do or be connected to FF7 but none of them really connects in the story in a right way, like in FF7 when Cloud tells his story about Sephiroth but in Crisis Core It's the same story but with Zach As Cloud I don't get that, and with Advent Children that totally through me of wake with the story!?!

I went back and watch all the cut scenes from Crisis Core and I think I pieced it together, because Zack Said "You are my living Legacy, My honor, My dream, there yours now" So when he tells the story in FF7 He's basicly connecting his life with Zack's to continue sharing the memories of Zack, but stil doesn't make since about the girl Tiffa saying she remembers that day, the only thing I can conclude from that is that Cloud was there but as one of those smaller guard like soldiers like the one's who killed Zack so I guess he's telling both his and Zack's story in FF7!

Ummm....:wtf:....OK I can see why you would say that! :zack:

I really looked in depth with the story of FF7, who ever wrote it is amazingly deep! I think FF7 has the best story line yet!

Last edited by a moderator:
Final Fantasy 7 is just a reflection of today's world with some fantasy elements.

Ok, but how do you know that's the message that they were trying to get across
I am not saying you lieing just when some one conveys a statement that sounds like an opinion I have to have proof or else I ignore that statement, but far as your comment I could see how the story with Midgar is like today but thats not what I was talking about I was talking about the characters:D there personality's and the drama, the symbolism, and the way the characters connect it's just deep passionate writing.

I realised something today while doing some Final Fantasy youtube browsing. I hate Cloud's hair in the FFVII FMVs but how they have designed it in games since (more wider) is absolutely AMAZING!
I think it is that one massive spike that really irks me...it isn't so massive in AC,CC etc.

They wanted to make him more realistic.

So they did as you say made it shorter, but still as a distinguishable feature of "Spikeys"
character:D

I dunno, I kinda like the one big spike in the original. Makes him fit the steam-punk genre

Same, it's a good way of obtaining a few items earlier i've found.
It's normally better to try and steal from boss battles I think, but morph is one of the best materias later on anyway, kind of nulling out steal, like, you can get Ribbons from Master Tonberries in the northern cave on disc 3, and you get morph just about every type of source from monsters in the Gelnika. :gasp:

A good tip would be (Which I have done before), after getting the Morph materia from temple of the ancients, go to Gongaga and go to the worn out reactor and fight the monster that's around there. (I think there's only one monster there, it's kinda like a tank <_<) Anyway sense it to see how much HP it has, and morph it (On the finishing blow) and it gives a guard source. :awesome:

..or I think it was a guard source >_>
Just try it and you'll find out. :pikamon:

Guard source? Not power source?

Tifa <3
Aerith <3

Oh right the game.

There were so many interesting concepts in this game that grabbed me it's not even funny. It was both the first Final Fantasy game I played and the first Final Fantasy game I ever beaten. The Weapon bosses were awesome to look at and I liked ShinRa and all that. Reno is lulz, especially in the movie.

I have a love/hate relationship with Sephiroth. Awesome character and all but when he
killed Aerith
I wanted to take that sword of his and put it where the sun doesn't shine. He became the butt of my jokes. Things like, "That sword of yours doesn't make up for how much of a woman you look! Maybe we should have put you in a dress back in disc one." Or your momma jokes like, "Your momma was so fat when she crash landed on the planet she got all the way to the center and got stuck!"

Oh and that place where you play all the games was pretty fun. I think I still have a save place that allows me to take part in all them mini games.

Hmmm.... I don't know if I dislike much about Final Fantasy 7, so much as their are things that I dislike that fans misconceive about FF7, and it gets spun as the truth.

Other than that, I didn't find the game so challenging to be irritating enough to want to throw out a window or anything... But it wasn't so easy that it was effortless or put me to sleep.

Things I loved about the game itself, was the love triangle, nearly all the characters, and nearly all the places you could go. I loved how some of the places felt really surreal even though your playing a fictional game to begin with.

The music was really good for that time. That and back when it was first out, cutscenes were a pretty big deal.

The thing that stands out the most to me though is the actual story of the game.

Back