FFVII General Discussion

Quite possible, just make sure you've got the best equips available.

I think he's level 26 himself, with 4000HP.

Yeah, he has 4000 HP, I normally get Beta at the start.
What I normally do is:

Put Elemental + Fire junctioned together in Cloud's armour (or whoever has the highest HP, but Cloud normally does:gasp:)
Give them the Enemy Skill materia too.
Put them in the back row, use a tranquilizer so they take less damage.

Then throughout the battle don't attack with said person at all, because the damage dealer is the one that gets kicked out of battle.
Using bio helps, if it hits him it's an easy way to kill him.
So basically let use the other two to get loads of hits in, once he uses it you should just manage to survive, then use Beta back at him and it should kill him. :gasp:

Not as bad as you'd first think really. :pikamon:

I never knew that hyper and sad meant they received more / less damage O__O I thought it just effected how quickly their limit breaks went up >__>

Nice hint there Andrew. xD I'll try your strategy and tell you how it goes :monster:

I never knew that hyper and sad meant they received more / less damage O__O I thought it just effected how quickly their limit breaks went up >__>
Actually i'm not sure, but I swear I heard somewhere that was the case, i'm probably mistaken.
But I swear it does affect damage in some way or another, and it's best to play it safe really.

The one thing I absolutly hated was doing the Battle Arena for Omnislash. Every stinkin time I get to the last fight, it was that damn boat. And every time, he'd throw me out of the square so I lost. Damn coward.

Omg I know what you mean, that used to do my head in, Id so desperately try to kill it fast and then Id be thrown out, Id be like NOOOOO -shakes fist-

The Great Glacier did my box in aswel, passing out JUST as you are about to talk to that stupid STUPID snow woman...or forgetting to touch the damn spring first -rages-

I feel ya on the Great Glacier I hated that place so much. For me it is a hard place to manuever, and I always manage to pass out right before I get to the Snow Woman as you did too. The Arena and the Great Glacier are 2 places that make me want to chuck my controller at the wall.

I'm replaying through FF7 on my PS3, and I'mma coming up for the Mithril Mines now, but I'm leveling a bit before I go further, learning enemy skills and trying to get my levels up for taking out Midgar Zolom, I'mma try to get Beta :gasp:

Originally, I waited for The Tiny Bronco, but this time I think I'll try for now.

I dunno, a guide I'm using says 2 characters will die anyway and one person needs to be equiped with an elemental materia equiped on armour and I cba so I figured overleveling will be the best option :gasp:

Shame I won't learn Beta if I escape after it was used >.> But I know he has 4,000 HP.

Battle Square made me want to cry. That thing was ridiculous. I never got his level 4 limit manual (someday though...*glares at game). It was just so...urrrrrrrrrrrrrgh..and the black chocobo in the chocobo races! It's the mosdt obnoxious thing ever when you are trying to get your chocobos up to S level!!!!!!!!!!!! Although apparently the thing about not being able to beat him is false...because I did.....sure it was like..once out of about 5 million times...but still....you cannot imagine the look of pure shock on my face when I crossed the finish line before that effin bird.

uhhhh sorry to bear the bad news sylv, but i beat the black choco very easily.... you need to breed black and gold chocobos, that makes it child play... But I do agree on battle square, for a long time i couldn't either.. but really recently, i used a really awesome materia setup and blew past all challenges w/ease

I am going to agree with the above the black chocobo was very easy for me to defeat, I failed like once and then it was like easy streak from then on. The battle square was hard until you got your first ribbon really, that prevents all your status problems which tend to be the issue like mini for example. But otherwise if you have a good set of materia incase your levels are dropped it should be easy. The challenge is when the special selection is available. More points in this one but it is much harder.

The only bit in FF7 what annoys me is getting Cloud Dressed as a woman it's so boring and annoying. I actually didn't know you could get lindgire (cant spell) for him. The game has its supprises.

Well the only thing I hated about this game the first time I played it was the Demon Gate boss. He was so tough for me to beat, and I had to quit playing for a year and then come back to it.

Now when I play the game, I've gotten so good, I can beat almost every boss in 1 or 2 hits because I level up so much.

Ive been palying this on the PC and some of the dialogues been changed abit and the translation seems to have been fixed. This guy are sick is no more :rage:

Actually i'm not sure, but I swear I heard somewhere that was the case, i'm probably mistaken.
But I swear it does affect damage in some way or another, and it's best to play it safe really.

I am quite sure that Fury slightly increases how much damage the character will both give, and take, as well as Limit Break guage naturally filling faster, since more damage is taken.

And Sadness I am not quite as sure about...I am pretty sure it decreases the amount of damage the character deals, and causes the Limit Break guage to fill significantly slower, but what I am unsure of is whether it effects how much damage the character takes. :hmmm:

sadness increasesdefense and causes the limit gauge to fill slower, fury has the opposite effect

I figured since Fury decreases defence that Sadness would probably increase it, I just wasn't sure because I thought it wouldn't really make sense.

I can understand taking more damage with Fury, because the character may become more reckless in general, dealing more damage, taking more damage...

But I don't get how being Sad makes a character much more resistent to damage, where's the logic in that? It's just for the sake of having all the opposite effects of Fury, I think. :wacky:

I liked the plot of the story and how the characters each had different personalities. I liked their limit breaks because they were strong and how each character was sarcastic at least in ONE point of the game. I didn't like the timing bar for when to attack a monster. I hated the fact that my favorite character, Aerith, died because she got stabbed. I also hated how many times I had to fight Jenova and Sephiroth goddd...

Back