Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Bambi Branford
FFXIV Server
Lamia
For all your general game banter!

What did you like / not like about this game? Is there something in particular you hated? Something you really enjoyed? Something that made you want to throw the game out of the window? Tell us all about them here!

What I like most about this game is that Squall rocks! He is very very cool!! :D

Squall did rock indeed and it is also good if you like the main character because if you didn't then it would be quite boring playing through the game.

I generally found that all of the characters in this game rocked (especially Zell for me). I also think that all of the main characters are human (unlike 7 and 9) then it helped us to sympathise with them.:zell:

Squall was alright, I suppose. I would also recognize that he had his faults...and tended to be a little too emo at times. :monster:

The characters made for quite a motley crew, though...that's for sure. If only some of them had been fleshed out more. =\

Graphics were Great for it's time i found Squall a little to grumpy at times but i felt it worked well with his relationship with Rinoa The characters were Very Normal in VIII
Just a bunch of Teenagers. It's really wierd when you find out the connection in tribia garden How all of them knew each other from the orphanage ( apart from rinoa)
And ultemica was such a great boss i loved fighting her.

its a ok FF game its last on my list so far though, im kinda having fun playing it and laughed out loud when langua was in the bar and everyone was listening, i battle system seems easy, but i can seem to understand how to use limit breakers, i love rinoa dog though i can get him to pop once in awhile

This is the first FF game I was aware of- I first played it in 2007 and had never seen a FF game before. Difficult to believe perhaps but true. Anyway, because it's the first one I played, it's always had a special place in my favourites pile...

Squall I liked. He was a bit short with people at times, but so are a lot of people. The problem I had was that for ages he didn't seem in the slightest bit compatible with Rinoa...but then all of a sudden it seemed to click- maybe that was just me?

I liked final fantasy 8 because of the first school type starting area (garden) enviroment and then eventually i liked the whole love story and what became to taking down powerful enermies and even the biggest empire in that word.

It was the first FF game I played, back in 2000 so I've always been fond of it. I generally liked the draw and junction system, although I didn't fully understand it for ages, it seemed quite complicated. But it gave you a lot of control over your characters strengths/weaknesses. I found Squall to be bit annoying at times, he was so cold and he overused "whatever..." The only part I didn't like much was where you have to catch Rinoa in space. My attempts were getting tedious, and I'm relieved once I'm past that part.

FF8 was the second ff i ever played and its probably the one im best at
ive complete it 3 times although the 1st time i was realy young so i didnt understand it and only got up to the end of the 1st disk then got stuck but i picked it up again 4 years later and did realy well
i think the hardest part for me was trying to get the lionheart and trying to defeat omega and ultimate weapon ive got lionheart but i havent defeated either of the bosses yet...

FF8 was alright, but I didn't love it. I didn't really like any of the characters, only Squall and Quistis. And the drawing system was a pain in the ass. But I thought the Junction System was a pretty cool idea, and the side-quests like getting the Lionheart(Does this count as a sidequest?) and getting Odin were fun. The Final Dungeon is my favorite out of all the FFs, aswell.

I think they should've had more character development, though. They mainly focus on Squall and Rinoa's love story, and all of the FMVs in the game are basically just those two. Even Ultimecia, who is the final boss, didn't get any development. She didn't get involved with the story until.. Disc 3? Gah, I don't remember..

So, besides the characters and drawing system, it was a really good game.

EDIT: Oh, I loved how you could become extremely powerful in disc 1 too, lawl. I thought that was awesome.

Last edited:
FFVIII had some decent character development, in my opinion, and most of the characters were likeable enough. Have to say though, that Rinoa was the only one that didn't seem to change all that much. She first started out as a damsel in distress........and stayed as a damsel in distress. She really irritated me during some parts of the game, like during the Deling City events near the end of disc 1. I don't hate her, but I don't love her either.

As for the strong points, FFVIII had a few that stood out for me. Although it wasn't my favorite, I was impressed with the junction system. I thought it was a pretty elaborate (and original) way of strengthening your characters. It was new to me, since I never dealt with a system like that in a game before. Another strong point for me would be the dialogue, where you can actually see what Squall is thinking, as opposed to what he was saying out loud. It was very amusing sometimes. All in all, FFVIII was a wonderful game. There's some flaws (what game doesn't?) but I think they were outweighed by the positives this time.

there are many ways to acquire even high level magic without drawing them from monsters... play cards! LOL... What i really like about this game is the triple triad card game that is sooooooo addictive... and the junction system that can make your characters godly early in the game... and the way monsters level as your character... many people complain about this because they can't power level but it what makes your characters godly... Level 7 squall with 137 str and level3 magic in elem-j vs level 7 mob, miniboss, boss early in disc 1? Pwned opponent in just 1 normal attack 100% of the time... LOL XD

Last edited:
Ah, one of my favourites, FInal Fantasy VIII. I love the way Squall's character develops (I don't buy the whole Emo thing) from a worried inttrovert to a caring guy. It's probably the only game that would get me into a love story, as I don't go for them.

The soundtrack is one of my favourite works of Mr. Uematsu's and the story is outstanding for me. As a Doctor Who fan, I really appreciate the whole time compression agenda, and the development from a simple mission to saving the universe is a real smashing plot.

I feel the sudden urge to play it again... I love this game.

Im new here,and i love the ff series.Im allredy dont played this final fantasy,but sounds fun!Im an thinking to buy this game,allright?!:)

Back