FFVIII General Discussion

i like the way the storyline runs...i like the personalities of each character and i like the limit breaks.

i don't like the idea of having the memories lost after summoning a GF. So with the tragic Odin's death

One Question

Why is Seifer a very rarely used actual party member in the game.

really sad that u only get to play as seifer up untill the Dollet comm tower mission.

#1 reason i wanna be able to play as Seifer....His freaking kick ass limit break(totally decimates all, besides Squalls)

Does any1 ever find out how Raine dies?

I don't think it's ever said in a straightforward way, but I assumed that she died in child birth, or quickly after.

Considering Ellone's motives for trying to go back in time was to keep Laguna from leaving Raine (who left to save kiddie Ellone in the first place), I'd assume the catalysis for Raine's death was over-all heartache about Laguna's absence and such. So sad ;A;

Why is Seifer a very rarely used actual party member in the game.

Well...You have played the game and seen that he's the misguided pseudo-antagonist you face several times, right? A little hard to be play with him in the party :wacky:

But seriously, I guess it was just the game's pacing..? They established quite a bit of background in the beginning. I personally thought it was done pretty well actually.

Its not that hard. Ive done it before in Esthar, I had Sqaull, Seifer and Edea in my party,
I cheatded tho:P. Reactor Girl has it right though Seifer is the primary dude you fight, its hard to have in the party.

When you consider the time you actually finally defeat him the groups goes into time compression mode and they lose all contact with the past, still it would have been good
to have seifer in the party, accept that hos limit breaks dont go any higher, he doesnt get more. So he is stuck with FireCross I think its called?

And I read somewhere Raine died in childbirth? could be horribly wrong there though:hmmm:, Laguna went off, raine had Sqaull in Winhill, she died, Sqaull and Ellone were sent to the Matrons House.

Laguna talks about it in the Esthar Presidents office I believe.

Last edited:
Loved the game in almost every way.

1)story kicked ass
2) the battle setup was amazing (and at times a bit confusing)
3) the awesomeness of the FMV sequences for a game on the Ps1 for that time(major props to Square for having the balls to take them to a new level for the ps1)

the only thing i absolutely hated about ff-viii was Ultimecia. to hell with that damn bitch.(took me forever to beat her my first time playing)

Its not that hard. Ive done it before in Esthar, I had Sqaull, Seifer and Edea in my party,
I cheatded tho:P. Resctor Girl has it right though Seifer is the primary dude you fight, its hard to have in the party.

When you consider the time you actually finally defeat him the groups goes into time compression mode and they lose all contact with the past, still it would have been good
to have seifer in the party, accept that hos limit breaks dont go any higher, he doesnt get more. So he is stuck with FireCross I think its called?

And I read somewhere Raine died in childbirth? could be horribly wrong there though:hmmm:, Laguna went off, raine had Sqaull in Winhill, she died, Sqaull and Ellone were sent to the Matrons House.

Laguna talks about it in the Esthar Presidents office I believe.
damn... i see the resemblance! i never really got to what laguna was saying in Esthar, it makes sense now that you simplified it lol...

Raine is one foxy biatch! :suki: <laguna, not me.

Yeah I hear that, its the sweater:kinky:

I been getting the urge to play this lately:hmmm: Renzokuken and gublades = happy times.
Plus the boss fights on FFVIII are really good.

Mmm Diablos as a boss was a bitch for me to kill....keeping squall on near-death while keeping him alive was hard work!

and.....NORG!!!

PSHSHSHSHSHSHHSHHSHSHSHS!!!!

Maybe if he used his giant hands to move the fat away from his mouth he'd talk properly :P

Try doing the Renzokuken on the NORG POD with out the Guage active thats hard!!!

Best thing about that Boss fight is getting Leviathan,
and the Recovery ability.+ You can mug the lights on the side for Stat UP items I think?

And yes Diablos was a great Boss fight, I never ever Fought him at max Level though, that would be tough, he has like 70,000HP and STR and MAG upto about 255.

Random Question: Does anyone know where Bahamut is or where to draw him from?
I'm sure his in the game I saw someone posted him as their favourite GF.

Random Question: Does anyone know where Bahamut is or where to draw him from?
I'm sure his in the game I saw someone posted him as their favourite GF.

I think you go to a Small Island to the south east on the world map you'll need the Ragnarok its not marked so it may take awhile to find the little place but once you find it go to the bottem and solve the puzzle your fight bahamut and he should join your team once you beat him,Just be sure your high leveled with good weapons because hes strong as hell..

@A.A. Thanks man(y)I was just about to fight that bitch Adel as well......I hate fighting her :hmph: I don't like fighting my beloved Bahamut either. :sad3:

Nearly finished the game (again),I think I'm enjoying my second playthrough more than my first......weired.

I think you go to a Small Island to the south east on the world map you'll need the Ragnarok its not marked so it may take awhile to find the little place but once you find it go to the bottem and solve the puzzle your fight bahamut and he should join your team once you beat him,Just be sure your high leveled with good weapons because hes strong as hell..

Remember you can also find him and other GFs by drawing them in Ultimecia's castle! :elmo:

I loved this game when I was little. I might do another playthrough but I've already found everything in the game xD....One thing I haven't done though is get everyone up to level 100. I think I'll try that in my next playthrough! ^o^

You can draw GF's from ultemecia's castle o_O I was always missing one GF but im not sure =/

Maybe list all the ones you remember getting and I can help you? I got all the GFs and trust me it was not easy 0__0 (got the GFs the hard way before knowing he could draw them later :sad3:). But yea there are a nice amount of GFs in this game. I kept missing the I think it was the Cactuar GF my first playthroughs. I hated that guy! lol

You hated me?:sad3:

(im such a tool)

Anyway the Jumbo Cactuar only really had a weakness to water, and it is suggested you summon Leviathan to defeat it over and over again, Nah I dont think so, at 400,000HP hes a tough Boss, and 10,000 needles is funny to watch:lew:

Just initiate Aura beat him with a few Renzokuken on him/her.

You hated me?:sad3:

(im such a tool)

Anyway the Jumbo Cactuar only really had a weakness to water, and it is suggested you summon Leviathan to defeat it over and over again, Nah I dont think so, at 400,000HP hes a tough Boss, and 10,000 needles is funny to watch:lew:

Just initiate Aura beat him with a few Renzokuken on him/her.

But water based spells/Leviathan is your best bet, it does the most damage singularly.

That's why you give Squall a GF with ELE-ATTK or whatever it's called and max out Water.

Epic rape when you cast Aura <3

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:srsly: dude not even close.

Elemental advantages are not present during limit breaks.

Damage is equal to base damage only, I tried and wondered why it was lower and the elemental effect is taken away, meaning a reduction of 50-100% in damage.

Dameg:lew: sorry I was a bit harsh there:shame:

Back