Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Bambi Branford
FFXIV Server
Lamia
For all your general game banter!

What did you like / not like about this game? Is there something in particular you hated? Something you really enjoyed? Something that made you want to throw the game out of the window? Tell us all about them here!

What did you like / not like about this game?
Playstation Version

im only on Chapter 4 so far

-i love good ol Fight - Magic - Item - Flee games
-New something items armor spells etc. in towns
-all the upgrades from the Nes version
- the game play

Dislikes:
-All mobs attacking my Thief every battle, and the fact he has 30 more hp than my W.mage and a little more Damage and bearly better armor, pretty much imho the thief really sucks, hope im wrong im stuck with him
-Weak Bosses ive 1-2 shot Garland, and vampire, and the lich 2 shot
the Dark elf was only one took a few rounds to kill mainly cause his reaper on my warrior every retry.
-can't cast alot
-Sleeping bags, Tents not restoring atlease some spells
-No camping indoors kinda ehh..
-Needles costing 800 Gil !
-only Potion with 15-25 hp
-No random drops from mobs
-Broken record here but the fact i have to write down notes to figure out where to go next i mean you need to talk and Retalk every npc which isnt that bad really just after i beat the Lich, there was only 1 clue where to go next someone said North of melmond was a old city, but you have to go West to cresent lake ( Broke out my Nintendo Power Guide :P best 3$ i ever spent!

But i like it and was willing to pay 50$ for it, and i like writting down notes and im turning the notes into a little story for the game :kelly:

Last edited:
Jeff -

Three things: 1. I am from Oregon too, whereabouts are you located? 2. I really like the idea of note-taking and transforming it into a mini-story; I would really like to read yours sometime if you would not mind sharing. 3. At least in the NES version your parties arrangement determined who got attacked: I think the person in the top slot got 50% of the attacks, next one down got 30%, next two got 10% or something like that. If the PS version is the same it might help to simply rearrange them.

Jeff, I'm doing the same thing as you? Playing through all the games. I'm halfway through 1 now and I already beat 3. I'm guessing you're a lot ahead of me though considering you posted that ages ago. I'm planning on beating them all before 13 comes out.

I know that the franchise would have improved in a lot of ways over the course of time, as technology developed and such, but Final Fantasy I started it all, and tbh, I'm surprised FFI has been discussed next to none. :wacky:

I think a remake that actually has a significant improvement in graphics at all times, and possibly voices could change that, though. :monster:

I just got this a couple of days ago for the PSP, played for a couple of hours yesterday, and I am already fond of it, I really like the different battle themes put into it, my favourite is the Chaos Battle Theme (is that it's title, or is it called something else?).

I'm listening to that song right now in Windows Media Player, it is epic win. :awesome: It effectively sets the stage for a long, tough battle, imo. :D

I finished this game on the Dawn of Souls GBA pack, it was a classic. Never played the NES or any other versions of it. I am planning on looking for the PSP "remake" of it though, I have II for the PSP.

I really like how you don't need a White Mage (which is usually very helpful in all the FF games), I just used a Red Mage/Wizard and my Knight to heal.

I have this game on the Playstation along with Final Fantasy II. It took some getting used to (As I'm used to the main characters talking to each other and that wasn't the case in this game) but in the end I had a lot of fun. I like choosing all four classes and naming them. I tend to use Warrior, Red Mage, White Mage and Monk. I got rather far into the game before I lost interest.

I also love the Link reference in the game ^^

Can't remember much about the game to say what I didn't like. I know starting at level 1 and fighting at the beginning was a pain but once I was used to it the fighting and everything I remember was a blast. It's interesting that this was going to be their last game and it's the game that saved them.

Not much in this game to dislike if you ask me. It was kind of straight forward... Although I believe its unfriendly to new gamers because if you go into a certain patch of land where the monster will literally just have their way with you before your ready its kind of... w.t.f.

Other than that though, it's an oldschool game, so it gets love just for that. It's the first installment to one of the most amazing, and enthralling series in video game history... To think its the game that started it all. ;3

I loved it that you choose your classes... Someone I miss about older FF games. ;3

well this is the second final fantasy im playing the only other one i have beaten was 13 so im kinda new with all the final fantasies but i think 1 was pretty cool i pretty much kicked the crap out of everything the only boss i have had a problem with was shinryu he is a bitch... i do wish that the first final fantasy was a little bit more challenging though...

I have a small question about the iPod version of this game, if anyone has it - is it EXACTLY the same as the PSP version, or have things been omitted? I don't intend to buy it unless I can fight ALL the secret bosses, but my internet searches aren't telling me what I want to know...

I have a small question about the iPod version of this game, if anyone has it - is it EXACTLY the same as the PSP version, or have things been omitted? I don't intend to buy it unless I can fight ALL the secret bosses, but my internet searches aren't telling me what I want to know...

yes they are the same I guess. You can access all 4 optional dungeons after defeating each elemental fiend. Labyrinth of time is also accessible.

Back