Short or Long Hair?

I find short hair on any female looks a bit dyke-ish, but since it's a video game then I don't care too much.

thats why im like..hmm i think both is better

Lets try to keep the replies a little less spammy, we already know your thoughts on her hair, so maybe somemore elaboration, or this post just isnt really necessary, thanks ^_^

I like her with longer hair rather than short with the given images.

If I could interpret the ideal hairstyle for Garnet in FFIX, I'd still stick with long hair. I feel there are more iterations that I would prefer over short hair.

As some have mentioned, it gives off an elegance about her which I find fitting for her. When Square decides that she wants to break free and do something that no one would expect, it was cool for a little, but then I missed the old style.

But that's just me.

At the start when she's got that naff ponytail, not so good. So it looks better when she cuts it off.

However, right at the end
when she is Queen and rushes down to see Zidane
it looks better, and I think I prefer that the best! Is that in the middle maybe? or perhaps she has a better stylist! ^_^

At the start when she's got that naff ponytail, not so good. So it looks better when she cuts it off.

However, right at the end
when she is Queen and rushes down to see Zidane
it looks better, and I think I prefer that the best! Is that in the middle maybe? or perhaps she has a better stylist! ^_^

in the ending..no rather..when she is wearing her dress..her hair style is dfferent..you can see at the top..its more..i think..brushed down..in her regular cloths..its out there and layered..gosh i cant explain it..but you can see it..xD
in the ending amv..her hair on the top was..smoooth haha xD
as well as her bangs were all different and everything..still their both long hair xD
[look at my banner..on the right she is wearing the dress..on the left she isnt..see the difference in the hair style? though they are both long hair..even when she threw her top peice of down in the ending..her hair remained..that style

Last edited:
I love the short hair, but what I find interesting is the fact that she has a small streak of gray hair located where a summoner's horn would be... when someone receives massive trauma on the head, sometimes the hair at the trauma site turns gray.

But her cutting her hair is rather considered a 'normal' reaction when someone is literally has to restart their lives and pretty much (symbolically) recreates a new persona of themselves.

I prefer her long hair the short hair kinda makes her looks out-of-character I especially like her long hair in her princess clothes

I love the short hair, but what I find interesting is the fact that she has a small streak of gray hair located where a summoner's horn would be... when someone receives massive trauma on the head, sometimes the hair at the trauma site turns gray.

But her cutting her hair is rather considered a 'normal' reaction when someone is literally has to restart their lives and pretty much (symbolically) recreates a new persona of themselves.

notice in the beginning, the opeing fmv..her mother also had sliver.gray shreaks..so maybe it wasnt cause of trauma

Thats a tough call. It's very hard for females to pull of the short hair look and look amazing with it. Me personally in the real world prefer long hair on females and it rubs off the same way on video games as well, but she looked beautiful as a character either way her hair was.

I liked the long hair, because I prefer long hair on girls in real life. But I admired how she chopped off her own hair. It really showed how much she changed, and how much she wanted to change. Overall, though, I found her character much improved after she made that change.

So look wise:
long hair ftw

Character wise:
Short hair yo.

Well, the short hair took a little getting used to, but it's just a haircut, for Odin's sake! I'd say she needed one, or she might trip over her hair during a boss fight! Ah well. She's not bad-looking either way, you know.

I like both of her hair styles. She looks older and more mature with her shorter hair though, and prettier. She looks sexier with her longer hair though =)

I'm fine with both,each gives a slightly different look.
With her long hair she did resemble a princess,an innocent little princess who cared about others,still does,but a little inexperienced.
While her short hair make her look more mature,definetely more experienced than before as she's been out of the kingdom and I think it symbolizes her bravery.As we all know how important for some people their hair is,let alone a princess.

in real life i like medium/long to long but on games and manga i like short for sum reason lol

To be honest I'm not sure which I liked most.
I rather like her hair short but she also looks good with long hair.

The Menu pics she looks better with short hair I think.

I should've voted for long hair because my hair is long in real life, but I went with short hair. I loved Garnet with long hair, but I thought she looked much better with short hair. I always thought of it as the time Garnet was reborn as a stronger, more independent girl. Also, it framed her face very nicely, and made her glow. Weird, but that's what I think.

Last edited:
I voted for short hair because I think it looks better than long hair,I myself,have short hair in real life.

And I agree with what the other posters said

Garnet/Dagger: "With this knife,I'll say goodbye to my past life. It's time for a new,and stronger queen"

*cuts hair*

When I first saw her slice it off in the cutscene, I was disappointed, but I changed my mind when I saw the menu screen pic of her with short hair. She does look a lot happier with it cut.

I voted for long hair, though, because I think girls look better with long hair in general. I like how her hair looked in the final cutscene, and she was happy there too.

Back