Electric vs Manual?

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters

Davey Gaga

Under you like a G.U.Y.
Veteran
Gil
Razors, mainly for the men of the forum, inspired by the skin thread.

Do you prefer manual blades or the electric ones?

I started off with an electric razor to shave the little bit of bum fluff you get when you just start puberty but, as it started to thicken and spread, it just wasn't feasible and I'd literally have to drag it across my face to get anything off, leaving me in a rash. I then moved to manual but couldn't be pissed with the whole foam and I CUT MYSELF SHAVING business, so I found a better electric razor and I'm quite happy with this one, although it does leave a bit of a red mark. This only appears if my hair reaches a certain length, though - getting rid of stubble is fine, getting rid of a small mane leaves my face in a right fucking mess.

Women can contribute here too:monster:

We have lady shavers, but Ive used them and although its quicker and less messy, I still feel liek I have prickly legs so its good ol manual for me, it just feels better over all, my skin feels lovely and soft after Ive slathered myself with shaving gel and whapped all the hair off. Ive not used a lady shaver for yeeeeaaars, they just dont cut it

I dont liek the nicks though, if i slip or whatever they sting, and for tiny little cuts they dont half bleed alot :gasp:

I'm still going strong with my Gillette Fusion, so manual for me. :)
I rarely ever seem to cut myself :awesome: but the only time I do is when it's not one long stroke of the razor and lots of little ones to when you miss a bit. I've never had an eletric razor so I can't really comment though if you get a rash I don't want one since I don't get those either 8D

I definitely like using manual razors better. I have only tried a Electric one a few times, but I really prefer manual. I think it just works a lot better. Of course I usually only shave like once a week so when I do shave it sometimes hurts, because I let it grow out too much. I am just a lazy bum.

I'm using electric still. It's sometimes tricky, but I get by. Just leaves my face sore for an hour or three. I've never used manual, but I'm told it'd be easier. But yup. I'm happy with electric since I only shave once a week XD

Manual is more accurate then electric imo.
electric is a pain cos you never seem to get anywhere >_<
When I first started shaving my mom was all worried and shitzzz cos im very clumsy and she told me to use eletric. It didn't work to well for me :/
I use manual now and the funny thing is I rarely cut myself so using that pos electric was a waste of my time.
I much prefer manual loads better then electric. To me anywho :awesome:

Last edited:
I use manual and it much better than an electric razor. You get a much closer shave, and no rash or anything like that, your face feels much smoother and cleaner. You do cut yourself once in a while, but it only bleeds a bit and it doesn't really hurt. Manual is far better than electric imo.

I've never tried electric, but I'm quite happy with using a manual. When I first started shaving I used to cut myself a fair bit, but that's not really a problem any more. I've never gotten a rash from shaving either, so I don't really feel the need to go out and buy and electric razor.

Manual. It's easier and I've never had any problems with it. Never cut myself, or got any rashes or anything, so I don't see the need for switching to an electric one.

Umm I just use a manual razor on my legs, haven't tried electric and don't want to, it looks crap. I do cut myself quite often though but most of the time I don't even realise until I see the blood, unless it's around the ankles where it stings like hell. D: And that's the fiddliest bit too.

I've been trying to find a nice alternative to shaving though that works well and isn't as painful, because I don't like the stubbly hair that grows back. :( I tried using these mitt things that pretty much work like sandpaper on your legs. It worked but took aaaages to do because you have to rub for ages until you get any hair off, and have to do it all over your leg, and then repeat on the other one. -_- And then it left my legs all irritated the next day. I got some Veet hair removal cream stuff and am waiting to use that once the hairs grow back... if that fails there's always waxing, but I'm scared to wax. <_< I tried it once and it hurt like nothing else. D:

Electric shavers never seemed to do the job for me.

I always go with the manual sort now, just because it actually does give you a closer shave.

It's good because you get to lather up with shaving cream or soap and it makes your legs come out feeling so nice and smooth, whereas an electric shaver generally leaves you feeling dry and you get flaky skin.

I just hate it when I cut myself. >.<

I hated electric -__- they never got the job done when it came to shaving my legs and I always felt prickly and I don't like that feeling whereas manual has always done a better job and leaves my skin feeling nice crisp and clean ^_^ Although electric is more safer because you cant cut your self... but manual is by far better IMO anyway even if you cut your self >_<

I use electric. I haven't had a major issue with it yet, so I see no need to switch atm. I don't use manual because I don't want to take a chance and have cuts all over my face because I screwed up.

When I first started to shave I used a electric one since it worked for me back then. But then I just somehow started using manual and have in the 4 - 5 years I have been shaving not cut myself once! And it overall gives a better shave anyways.

So it's manual all the way for me.
:se7:

Manual all ways seems to get the job done a hell of alot better then electric razors it seems to be so much more precise, though it depends on what one you use mines pretty shitty and cheap.

Last edited:
Electric razors are simpler, more convenient, and far less obnoxious to use in front of others. I would always choose a good one in a heartbeat over manual.

Not that I shave overly often (xD), but I've always used a manual shaver, never used an electric one. My brother has though, and from experience, yeah, sounds like I'd rather stick to manual...so that won't be changing, I dare say.

Speaking of, the facial hair is starting to get a little long right about now, think I am gonna try and leave it for the most part throughout Winter so I can keep my face warmer, even though sometimes some of the hairs want to curl into my mouth when they get too long. :gasp:

I'ma start immediately by saying both:

1. Electric for stubble design. I've come to terms with the fact that a clean-shaven self looks like an underage drinker. That's not on.

2. Gillette Fusion is God's (whoever that is) gift to shaving my upper lip. If left long enough, I begin a mini-Mario transformation. I lack a red hat with an 'M' emblazoned upon it so I dare not allow nature to follow its bristling course upon my face.

Razors rule.

I've always used manual, though i wouldn't mind trying out an electric. It looks easier to use and from what i've seen you hardly get cuts while using one. But until i use one, i'm sticking to manual. Even though i do get cut alot with it lol

Eh all depends really, electric razors in my opinion were never truly designed for a close shave, whereas the same thing could be said about manual razors and beard trimming.

I mean some guys like to just keep on a little stubble for their ladies, as Ruud said. It makes you look slightly more manish, rugged sort of way. Though I guess it depends on your face.

Me I probably look better with either completely shaven or some stubble. I just doubt I could grow a real beard because of the fact it would take monts to iron out the patches.

So I'm going to say I mostly use Mnaual Razors. My Gillete Fusion is a man's best friend.

Back