Advent Children AC 2??

Kumo

Gil
Has anyone heard any news on a sequel yet? Plot lines and what not?

I really hope they make one, i almost pissed my pants in the video store when I saw it playing on the big screen and realised what it was I was watching.

When you saw....what playing? There's ACC....of which we have a thread for that already...

Clarify please so I know what to do with the thread D:

I don't think they have released any plans about another FFVII movie. So I don't think we will see a second movie for a while (if ever). I do remember reading somewhere that SE wanted to continue the FFVII compilation for a few more years, so I wouldn't completely rule out the possibility of a second movie, but at the moment I have heard nothing.

There IS Advent children complete though, which will have something like 30 mins of new footage. But I hardly think 30 mins is worth the extra money.

I mean i saw Advent Children playing in the video store, I'm wondering if there's gonna be a sequel to it. I think Advent Children Complete is just a directors cut...I mean is there gonna be a brand spanking new one! :)

Definitely not. The new scenes that you might have seen are simply "added scenes" that SE thought should've been in the original film and, in a bid to rake in more profits, have "re-made" AC and tried to give the impression that the mistakes are now corrected.

I hope not, they've prolonged the VII compilation out long enough and whored out to many characters for a sequel to Advent Children. The first wasn't brilliant but it was a dcent standard and unnecessary to make a sequel.

NO the series should be put to rest. The moneys been made so i just want SE to leave the game alone, its been milked now for everything it has to offer, enough is enough in my books.

I'm gonna have to agree with Laguna's Dream and Mercurial on this one. A sequel would be a bad idea, the game has been stretched to it's limits, any more and it'll be stretched so thin that it will hardly even resemble the original game.

As a side note, I wasn't pleased with how they did AC in the first place. They changed the personalities of almost every character, certainly all the important characters anyway.

Oh Gawd please no. :brooding:

Final Fantasy 7 has reached its limit if you ask me. I don't think a movie a new movie would be the best decision. I feel it would just go over the top, and I'm pretty sure the majority of FF7 fans don't want to see anymore added to the story. I think it is time they just put FF7 to rest now.

Btw, I wouldn't say they changed the character's personalities, I think it just provided a more of an in depth details of the characters, what, with voices and facials expressions added. Did you different voices in mind back when you originally played and read from the dialogue boxes?

Last edited:
Lol there was virtually no plot in the first one, how on earth would they make a sequel? The entire movie consisted of wafer thin filler to hold it together until they dragged the disinterested antagonist out of his grave. They would seriously have to bring him back again or fanboys would whine, and I don't see how they could manage it without the franchise becoming an even bigger joke. But you never know what the SE team will pull out of their ass next and the compilation isn't finished. Maybe they could make a sequel that focused on the characters who were actually decent, the majority of the FFVII cast is underused D:

Yeah...Nanaki was hardly in Advent Children at all. :( But I'm unsure about Advent Children Complete, is there anything new in the movie with that character in it...?

I somewhat want to see the story of how sephiroth ended the Wutai/ Midgar war.... and stuff from when he was a quote on quote "good guy"

I wouldn't like to see an AC2, but I wouldn't mind seeing another pre-X game being made into a movie - that wasn't FFVII. Like everyone's saying, put that to rest. I wonder why FFVII is the most popular game though.. huh. o__o; Anyway. So, for me, no.

Whatever they decide to do with the FFVII series in general is fine with me. I wouldn't mind seeing another movie or another side story from another characters point of view.

It'd be interesting all the same to me but then there is also the chance that they could hurt the series with anything more.

They've done so much for FFVII already and I think they should just give it a rest and concentrate on new projects. It'd be nice to see them give some of the other older FF games a bit more credit. <_<

Several of the earlier on FF titles have already been remade, they've been acknowledged (FFI, FFII, FFIII, FFVI), I want to see an FFVII game that has Nanaki in it more, that is by far the least used character, I hate to have to be saying that but it is true. >_>

I am assuming it didn't appear in any of the new content in Advent Children Complete either, has he? There's Square Enix for you, ignore a good character, but put a lame one in the spotlight a sickening amount, and they turn classic Final Fantasy summons into mere names of airships, and forms of trasportation...

I'm not really that excited about FFXIII to be honest, SE is doing all the wrong things right now, I seriously don't expect anything spectacular to come from them ever again, sadly. :(

That's your opinion obviously, does not reflect everyone else. AC 2? Yeah, doesn't make sense, seeing as DoC was just a year after the original AC.

Nope, I would not like a sequel to the movie. I did like the action sequences of the movie itself, but honestly there are some key points that have dragged us FFVII into the ground and far beyond.

1) You should have never made Crisis Core and Dirge.

Reasons: I love both, don't get me wrong, but you have to think about it. They butchered the ever living crap out of the original by throwing in people left and right. I mean I can hardly follow the story just because we have all these side characters now as well as villains. I mean all of this because of Hojo and Jenova. I am a man who loves a good story, but if you keep twisting it up, over and over again.. I see no end in site. At this point anything new to the FFVII franchise is purely for profit by SE. They don't put thought into it anymore.

I mean I stand by my word on this in saying that I am total bias to this game. My remarks go purely as a FFVII fan. I could play the original 2000+ times and never get sick of it, but watching the movie and playing through the two sequal/prequel/sidequel - bah one time was enough.

So in turn, I don't want a second movie. The first one was pretty lame as far as "remnants" and such. I loved the action, loved the side stories, but the main story was lacking. Cloud was a bad ass.. and so were the rest of the characters, but for god sakes people.. just let the thing die already.

Last edited:
I'd have to agree with that. I didn't like Dirge of Cerberus one bit... I liked how they tried to expand on Vincent who is the mysterious type of character but it seemed to lack a lot of things. The gameplay wasn't amazing and the story was so-so I never replayed that game, I only played it once and now it's sitting on the shelf looking pretty. I think all this stuff on FF7 needs to be stopped because like we all know its been milked enough and the characters over whored. Toying with a game isn't particularly a good idea for Square Enix considering since they took over the franchise it hasn't been all to great, or at least that is my view.

I wouldn't see the point of a second movie unless of course it was a spin off from another character but even then that's just like the whole ordeal with DoC. ALso for people who have read the novels, is it just me or are the characters just all out of character? Tifa going emo, Aerith not liking Zack upon meeting him.. it just didn't seem right especially considering that Tifa is one of the sources of Cloud's strength.

And does anybody know if there's a sequel to DoC or something happening? I'm guessing that most people have seen the secret ending with Weiss and all?

honestly VII was good, it was worth a movie, Crisis Core was good but I think it might have gone on long enough. If they're going to make another CG movie I want to see V, VI , VIII, X, or XII. I just don't see what else they could come up with for the VII characters to do :D

although it would be cool to see what denzel does when he grows up XD

but if they're going to anything else VII related it better be a remake for the PS3 or Xbox360

Evil turned Denzel would be an interesting way to take things. 10-20 years on.

Throw a wrench into the whole thing. Jump forwards that far and they could create an entirely new ff7 world. Just one technological change or boom in industry could have changed the face of the entire world.

Not to mention they would have the opportunity to mess with every character's personality as they all finally mature and mellow out.

Wait. Scratch that. It's been milked enough. Boo Square!

I vote for a Pixar versus disney Shrek creation. In which the original Squaresoft team break away from SE and create a game simply to take the piss out of what they have become. :D

Back