Anime Anime Recommendation

Nerv

www.purevolume.com/cedartree
Gil
hello everyone,
Iv'e searched and found no thread like this so i thought i'd open one.
I'll get to the point. I need a new anime series since iv'e finished most of the ones iv'e got, can any one help. Im into stuff like fruits basket and love hina as well as evangelion and gundam..... erm i loved elfen lied and please teacher so if any one can give me an anime thats similar to any of them that'll be great...

karl

Edited the title a little so as others can use it too ^_^

Anyways, I don't know which anime you have seen or what not, but I can recomend: Ranma 1/2 and the Hack series. But I'm saying those classed on what anime you have listed XP

oh well was gonna have people recommend me things but i suppose.... Any way iv'e allways wanted to see .hack// what is it about and is it any good...

karl

If you liked Please Teacher, you should check out Please Twins the spin off series, and Shuffle! If you don't mind the fact it has not yet been dubbed so read the subs. I loved Shuffle! It's quie an amazing harem anime with a wierd twise that I never expected.

-Tenjou Tenge
-Full metal panic / alchemist
-Love Hina
-Bleach
-Naruto

Preferably the japanese subbed versions, they have always been better than the dubbed versions. atleast to me

Paranoia Agent - psychological, compelling. A look at how Japanese society works and function, it's flaws, and the effects it has on the people within it.

Last Exile - beautiful, enthralling. Gonzo did this lovely animated series, 26 episodes, it's ecstatically beautiful, complex, and mature. The people in this story either live in desolate poverty, or extreme wealth. They use airships, and small flying ships. This series chronicles the life of two young pilots, and their adventures. REALLY good.

Serial Experiments Lain - psychological, mind bending. SEL is beautiful and strange, not a lot of people understand it. Use your brain, and watch the show each episode after another, or else you won't get it. It's about the souls of the dead leaking into the internet world.

Boogiepop Phantom - strange, horrific. Beautiful horror, strange. Another look at society, but this is society as a whole. Each episode can be watched stand-alone, and each episode has it's own core story.

Perfect Blue - psychological, horror film. A master work by the same creative minds that made Paranoia Agent. A look at an aspiring singer turned actress, and how her life spirals out of control due to disillusionment, and dementia (?) (the question mark is there because you have to watch it to determine the reality; is she crazy, or not?) Not for people who don't like blood or naked women. Great for people who like to think.

Gokusen - humorous, heart warming. Gokusen is really very funny. The main character is a Yakuza mob boss' granddaughter, and is set to inherit his title . Her dream is to be a Teacher, however. See how that pans out :). Really sweet, hope there is a second season.

Escaflowne - beautiful, mature. Escaflowne is a combination shoujo/shounen anime. It's not truly one or the other. The visuals are better than most Anime I've watched, even though it's an older series. A young girl who takes track is whisked away into a foreign land, the land beyond the moon. She encounters a rogue king, a womanizing swordsman, a catgirl, and several other characters. The villians are the true prizes in this show, however, as they possess engaging back stories and are fleshed out nicely. DO NOT pass this up.

Anime suggestions

I am not an nime virgin - but I've not eexactly been around the block either ;P. I 've watched all the love hina episodes but don't know what to watch next. I like stuff that really focuses on emotions not some little boy with a HUGE sword killing for shits and giggles.

Suggestions here

\/---\/

hmm.
if you're into drama, and/or romance.

Id go for.
as an extra info.
you do know that there is an OAV, and 2 extra long episodes, witch works as a mini movie?

Full Metal Alchemist (this one has it all)
Chobits
Green Green (EXTREMELY PERVERTED)
Hand maid may
Ichigo 100%
Midori no Hibi (my days with Midori)
Shuffle!

those should have you going a while.
as normal, I recommend anidb.net
for anime INFO.

Full Moon wo Sagashite is very good and very emotional.

12 Kingdoms is also an excellent series though it does start out a little slow.

If you like comedy go for Ranma 1/2 or Azumanga Daioh.

You may like Tri Gun, it has emotion, comedy, etc. In it. Give it a few episodes and it'll take hold i'm sure :)

Ah yes Trigun. ^_^ Good series but also a slow starter.

It is also very biblical and it's quite amazing if you get all the allegories.

Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien. So wonderful and emotional. Then there's Ayashi no Ceres as well.

If you want some epic adventure that deals with some romance, sci-fi, try Fantastic Children. One of my favorite anime out there.

- Fullmetal Alchemist
- Saikano (She: The Ultimate Weapon)

Best ones of those I've seen. FMA truly is as good as people say!

And, looking at other suggestions, Full Moon was an emotion filled manga and Ayashi no Ceres was good too, although not one of Watase's best stories.

Almost forgot.
Zero no Tsukaima. is good as well comedy, romance, and some magic.

I recommend it as well.

1st season
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=4146

2nd season
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=4915

To be honest, the ending of the 2nd season, had me crying.
and that don't happen to often.
It turned out good though ^^

This series, will be uploaded to a streaming site, that I will have a profile at.
so, if you wait for a day, or 2, I will have both seasons up there.
Ill URL at completion

Back