Anime Anime Recommendation

I dunno what's been mentioned and what hasn't. I'm just gonna list some anyhow.

First of all, Neon Genesis Evangelion - if you haven't, you should.
People dismiss it as "just another mecha", but it's not. It's a lot more fucked up than that.
A lot of people don't seem to get it, but people who like to psychoanalyze will find they've struck gold. All the characters are veritably fucked up in the head in various ways, and you'll find at one point or another that you don't like ANY of the characters... but in a good way.
Oh, and the obligatory mecha fights are usually actually good.
I've gotta say, it does start slow and seem like another mecha, "monster-of-the-week" kind of thing, but it picks up quick enough, and the anime is only 26 episodes, so it's not so bad.
The movie follows after, okay? It's aptly named The End of Evangelion.

Oh, and there's a remake quadrilogy of movies, called the Rebuild of Evangelion, of which the first two have been released, but they're quite hard to find on the internet, and haven't been released on DVD in the west yet. They're awesome though, all of the animation has been brought up to date, and the story has been reworked.

Full Metal Alchemist (both the original anime series, and the Brotherhood series, which followed the manga instead) - Simply amazing. The fights are superb, but the story is better. You'll grow to love many of the characters, and some scenes are simply heart-pulling (I won't give anything away though). Words cannot describe how awesome this shit is, so stop reading this post and go watch one of them. I should say that the original anime series also has a movie follow-up, The Something-or-other of Shamballa.

OK, I will recommend some anime too.

For sports anime I recommend:
Slam Dunk (Basketball). Ok, let's be honest. Sakuragi is by far the best sport anime character. :busta: Their team is the craziest basketball team in the history.
Hajime no Ippo (Box). First of all, I wasn't even a box fan when I started this anime. After the 30th episode, Hajime no Ippo became one of my favourite anime. The plot of the anime is good, the OST is awesome just like the characters.
I also recommend Aoki Densetsu Shoot! (Soccer-Football).

Samurai/Ninja anime:
Rurouni Kenshin. Yeah, we all know that RuroKen's filler episodes suck (after 62 episode). But it doesn't make Kenshin a bad anime. The plot is very good till the 62th episode, Kyoto Arc (28 episode till 62 episode) is my favourite Arc. And Kenshin's composer, Noriyuki Asakura, is the composer of the famous videogame Tenchu. You can also learn about the history of the Feudal Japan from RuroKen too.
P.S. For me, Kenshin manga>Kenshin anime (only Kyoto Arc)>Kenshin OVA.
I also recommend Sword of the Stranger.

Psychological anime:
Kaiji. Yeah, one of my favourite anime ever. And of course I'm very excited about Kaiji's season 2 anime that will start in April. :D For me, Kaiji is the best psychological anime.
Neon Genesis Evangelion. This anime is "Hate it or Love it".

Samurai/Ninja anime:
Rurouni Kenshin. Yeah, we all know that RuroKen's filler episodes suck (after 62 episode). But it doesn't make Kenshin a bad anime. The plot is very good till the 62th episode, Kyoto Arc (28 episode till 62 episode) is my favourite Arc. And Kenshin's composer, Noriyuki Asakura, is the composer of the famous videogame Tenchu. You can also learn about the history of the Feudal Japan from RuroKen too.
P.S. For me, Kenshin manga>Kenshin anime (only Kyoto Arc)>Kenshin OVA.
I also recommend Sword of the Stranger.

To go along with this category, Ninja Scroll TV Series and Movie. They both rock.

Psychological anime:
Kaiji. Yeah, one of my favourite anime ever. And of course I'm very excited about Kaiji's season 2 anime that will start in April. :D For me, Kaiji is the best psychological anime.
Neon Genesis Evangelion. This anime is "Hate it or Love it".

To go along with this category, Ninja Scroll TV Series and Movie. They both rock.

i will add two more to that list. :3

Elfen Lied - Truly one fucked up anime, but still very good. However, prefer the manga, but you know. :D

Monster - Doctor gone crazy, badass mofo. In other words, a MUST WATCH! :vikki:

I guess I'll make a couple of recommendations~

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica - Even if you don't like Magical Girl anime, this is worth a look-in: it has a dark storyline filled with unexpected twists, a rather nice animation style, and a cast that defies the usual stereotypes you'd see in this sort of anime.

Noein - Hardly anyone seems to have heard of this...which is a real shame. It's a few years old now, but it's still one of the best anime I've ever seen. The concepts will appeal to anyone even remotely interested in science fiction/alternate realities etc, and the plot is fairly well thought out. The art style won't be to everyone's taste, though.
...plus it has an amazingly epic soundtrack.

I'll make a couple of recommendations:

Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu - I'd recommend this if you love dark, fantasy and medieval age story approach. This anime is by far the best I've seen in last year, the story is a bit complicated for some people to understand but by far I think it's one of the greatest I've encountered so far, too bad they are not planning another season which should elaborate a lot of the terms used in the first season.

Tegami Bachi - Along with it's second season (Reverse), now this anime has a lot of friendship theme going on and the story was quite interesting, never mind that the first season was partly half of it are fillers. The only thing I could call annoying in the anime is that the protagonist is a cry baby, but looking at it he's only 12 years old anyway, so I didn't mind it much. I'd say try to give it a shot. you won't regret it.

Scrapped Princess - I think a lot of us have read stories about something like this, you know Oracles say that a newborn baby girl will be born and that baby will bring the world to it's end, so people wants to kill that girl. This is exactly what the story about this anime. That Princess survived and her brother and sister (They aren't actually, it's only that they grew up with her like her brother and sister) tries to protect her from whoever tries to kill her. I'd say the story is interesting, try giving it a go, if you have time.

I'd recommend One Piece since it is the best anime so far, but because haters will still be haters if they didn't try to give it a shot themselves... by giving it a shot I mean till the story reaches Arlong Park (Which is one of the best arcs <3)

Hmm... there are quite a few anime titles that I would recommend I think. Let's see...

Fullmetal Alchemist
Fruits Basket
Chobits
Mai HiME
Chrono Crusade
Ranma 1/2
Naruto
Wallflower
Clannad
Please Teacher
Love Hina

I have more... I will edit later haha

Michiko To Hatchin #1 suggestion
Ratings: 10/10

Its about a woman called Michiko breaking free from a prison that is supposed to be inescapable in order to rescue the child of a close friends of hers called Hana (Hatchin) from her abusive adoptive parents and siblings. She takes the girl on a trip looking for her runaway father who is, by law, dead. They end up becoming a bickering couple (not in a romantic sense! >.>) and end up caring for each other all the while police men, gangsters and criminals are chasing them down.

The description sounds pretty lame, probably, but the show is awesome. And the soundtrack is amazing. Its really funky and 70s/80s.

The first two episodes are slow, not bad, but soon after the series picks up and it turns awesome.
nfcool.gif

Its finished too, has 22 episodes.

More anime under the spoiler tag. :P

Toradora!! #2 suggestion
Ratings: 9.7/10

WATCH TORADORA NOW!

Its about a girl named Taiga Aisaka and a boy named Ryūji Takasu in their school life. The show starts with Ryūji going to school and meeting Taiga, a short girl with a really bad temper. Taiga accidentally puts a note in his bag and goes to him home to beat him up, and from there Ryūji becomes her "dog" (slave) and the two help each other to land who they love.

Its a great show; adorable, romantic, funny. Definitely a great watch.

Ookami-san to shichinin no nakama-tachi #3 suggestion
Ratings: 9.7/10

I love it. I just wish they would continue it. T.T

Ookami Ryouko is a spunky and, by some accounts, rather manly high school girl. She is tall, speaks in a traditionally masculine way and is very proficient in fighting. Ookami-san's best friend is the small and high-pitched voiced Akai Ringo. Incidentally, the two are rather flat-chested, a fact the Narrator (voiced by Arai "Kuroko" Satomi of Railgun fame) is all too eager to point out.

READ MORE HERE!

Minami-ke
Ratings:

Its pretty good, made me laugh a bit. Only on episode 6 though, so I haven't finished it. lol

K-ON
Ratings: 7.9/10

I'm only on episode 2, but I like it! It also has an awesome little chat between the characters on the greatest guitar players. :sup:

Darker than BLACK (All seasons, and OVAs)
Rating: 10/10

I really suggest you watch Darker than BLACK. Reading the manga is COMPLETELY different, but still amazing. The two have different story lines, but I much prefer the anime because of the beautiful animation, story and the great acting in SUB and odd enough, in DUB. *Can't say much on story, or it will ruin it!*

Ghost in the Shell
Ratings: 10/10

Perhaps my most favorite anime...amazing watch. You guys should too! Its hard to explain what its about, but you should watch it.

I'll go through everyone's suggestions now! I really wanna find new anime! lol

Kenichi-Bad ass martial arts show
Air Gear-Bad ass show about motorized roller blades except its more epic
Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles-I'm sure its been recomended before so im sure i dont need to describe it
Fairy Tail-Bad ass comedy show about mages
D'Grey Man-Bad ass show about exorcists who destroy Akuma which are live weapons that evolve through murdering

You guys have to watch Soul Eater, and Durarara!!

That is all.

I own Soul Eater on bluray but I havent gotten around to watching it yet, but I do own Durarara!! and enjoyed it a great deal. I actually liked Baccano better than it due to it just being utterly enjoyable, but both are good series.

I believe, not sure about Durarara, but the anime of Baccano is actually just a smaller portion of the overall story since they were light novels/novels to begin with,

Accel World

38155.jpg

Synopsis

The year is 2046. Haruyuki Arita is a young boy who finds himself on the lowest social rungs of his school. Ashamed of his miserable life, Haruyuki can only cope by indulging in virtual games. But that all changes when Kuroyukihime, the most popular girl in school, introduces him to a mysterious program called Brain Burst and a virtual reality called the Accel World.

Opening:

this is a great series, set 20 years after sword arts online, it has a great story as well as decent characters. a much watch for at least sword arts online fans

My Anime List Page: http://myanimelist.net/anime/11759/Accel_World

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anime: Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S

47547.jpg

Synopsis

The second season will focus on The Sisters Arc. Lasting only a single volume in the Toaru Majutsu no Index light novels, it was later expanded greatly in the Toaru Kagaku no Railgun manga.

The arc focuses on the ordeals of Mikoto Misaka after discovering the existence of the Radio Noise sisters that are being used in the Level 6 Shift, an experiment where they are killed in order for the highest-ranking Level 5, Accelerator, can achieve Level 6.

Opening:

Another great series, season one was great, and number 2 will be a good watch too!

My Anime List Page: http://myanimelist.net/anime/16049/Toaru_Kagaku_no_Railgun_S

I haven't gone through all of the recommendations, but I highly suggest watching Eureka Seven. (2005)

The story might be a little confusing at first,

but you will fall in love with it!

I loved the characters and the lifting!

The flights and fights with LFO's are awesome!

It's also a very teasy anime but it does have a love story involved too.

Such an amazing anime. :cali:

I have been really obsessed with animes that involve a virtual world, so I second Steve-O's recommendation for Accel World and if you are into that genre I recommend a few more:
Sword Art Online
Overlord
Log Horizon

There are plenty of other anime I would recommend, but I'm sure you all have heard of like One Piece or Attack on Titan, but here are a few other good ones I found as well:
Owari No Seraph
Gangsta.
Welcome to the NHK
Noragami

I have more, I'll get back to you guys on that :cookie:

Naruto Shippuden-I highly recommend this anime to anyone. It has more action than the original series and the story is filled with surprises. It is one of the best anime that I have seen so far.

Chrono Crusade
Action packed, filled with humor, feels and some serious darkness. Hilary Haag and Greg Ayers will bring you to tears before it all comes to an end.

Clannad and Clannad after story
Both are charming, heartwarming and without a doubt, the best slice of life anime I've ever seen. Both shows might make you cry more than once, but don't forget, there's always hope, even when you don't see it.

Fate/Stay Night [Unlimited Blade Works]
Best action series I've seen anywhere. Type-Moon doesn't always make good stuff, but Rin is my favorite girl, as much as I adore Saber, though that comes from also watching Fate/Zero. If you decide to watch Zero, you should read the visual novel first, but be warned, the only translation available is a fan translation, and it's filled with weird memes. I suppose you can watch Fate/Zero without reading it first, of course. there are actually very subtle references in UBW to the Fate/Zero anime, but they're not necessary in any way to understand the story, and the show is no worse for wear if you don't notice them.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT WATCH the studio DEEN version of Fate/Stay Night! It haphazardly tried to shove all three completely incompatible story routes into one, and it works out about as well as you'd expect. In case I'm not being clear enough, it's a total clusterf*** with bad animation. Just... avoid studio DEEN.

Kara no Kyoukai: The Garden of Sinners (Kara no Kyoukai = Boundary of Emptiness)
This adaptation of Type Moon's first published works by ufotable is brilliantly executed. Beautiful animation, stunning visuals, some excellent drama and some metaphors that just won't make sense even if you squint, turn your head, and hold your breath. Be prepared for some mildly disturbing imagery. It's action, supernatural, and horror. One of the best animes I've ever watched, with lovable characters and a gripping storyline. Watch it in the regular episode order. The story is told out of chronological order, but it's done like that for a reason, and once you've watched them in release order, you can go back and watch them in whatever order you want and a lot of things will sort of jump out at you, because of the clever way the story is being told.

Canaan
Another Type-Moon piece, though in association with another company and taking place in a different 'universe.' This is another ufotable adaptation, though in this case it's an original and stand-alone sequel to another story. It has some disturbing imagery, much like Kara no Kyoukai.

The Tower of Druaga: The Aegis of Uruk & The Sword of Uruk
Considering this is an anime that is literally a sequel to an NES game, you wouldn't expect it to be any good, but it's not too shabby at all. Start with episode two, and if you want crackish humor, then watch the first episode after you've seen the rest of the series, but I warn you it's unrepentantly weird. This show isn't as good as any of the others I've mentioned, but it's a fun story and very entertaining at its slowest point.

I shouldn't have to say anything about Fullmetal Alchemist.
Just watch the 2003-2005 anime first, then watch Conqueror of Shamballa, be very unsatisfied with the ending, and move on to Brotherhood. People hate on the 2005 anime for its bad ending but it has a much stronger message about humanity than Brotherhood. But still watch Brotherhood second. It'll give you the ending you wanted.

Can confirm that Durarara!! is best thing evar. And not only does it know this, it knows shoves it in your face.

Also, I'm going to have to give anything with 'Naruto' in its name a -20. No matter which of the series you watch, there are always over a hundred filler episodes full of nothing but irrelevant 'character development' that is rarely ever so much as hinted at ever again. Feel free to disagree, but there is just not enough time in a person's life to dedicate an entire month to catching up on 600 twenty-four minute Naruto episodes.

As for SAO and Accel World, anything by Reki Kawahara isn't worth the time spent watching it. He writes with his hormones not with his hands, and he still is despite not being a teenager anymore like he was when he originally wrote SAO.

Back