Anime Anime Recommendation

I would recommend Texchnolyze.

It's a very angsty and futuristic type of anime with a lot of violence. I'm not usually into that kind of thing but it is really good in my eyes and worth a look into.

The first few episodes are quite slow and they may seem confusing at first due to that. However, further along the pieces all come together and it really is quite interesting to be quite honest.

1.Wolf's Rain
2.Noein
3.Paranoia Agent
4.Full Metal Alchemist
5.Ghost in Shell

hello everyone,
Iv'e searched and found no thread like this so i thought i'd open one.
I'll get to the point. I need a new anime series since iv'e finished most of the ones iv'e got, can any one help. Im into stuff like fruits basket and love hina as well as evangelion and gundam..... erm i loved elfen lied and please teacher so if any one can give me an anime thats similar to any of them that'll be great...

karl

well if you like mechas, then im sure u'll like Code Geass and its next season code geass r2. it was created by the same company that created gundam. full of mechas, hilliarous moments, full of twists and turns. i 100% believe u won't be able to predict the ending of the series. its an anime that makes u think and has a few good theme songs. its award-wining too. got an award for best op. theme song, colours by flow, best leading male voice actor( japanese verison), and much more.

and since you like gundam u should watch the newest installment to the franchise, gundam 00. i haven't finished it yet, but people say its similar to gundam wing.

fullmetal alchemist was a good series too. full of hilarious moments, but had a serious tone as well.

u can ask edward here if u have anymore question about FMA.
:ed:​

Last edited:
World destruction its a pretty good Anime in my opinion. Its Kinda short but there is the DS game coming out this winter ^_^ I love Morte! This anime is about a guy named Kyrie who possesses the power to destroy the world. He does not know why though.

you shud check out Fate Stay Night and Speed Grapher ooohhh and Ergo Proxy u might like these

1. Strawberry panic:
If you LOVE lesbians like I do you'll find this Anime pretty interesting and dramatic.

2. Air gear:
crazy and funny anime

3. Please Teacher:
Pervert anime and funny one too.

4. Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggan:
If you didn't watch this, then u no nuthin about anime

New Recommendation: Soul Eater

Okay, so, the idea is, the God Of Death has created a school of kids that wield weapons, which resonate with the meisters' souls to enhance effectiveness. But it all depends on the weapon's personality. Because these weapons are people as well, with their own personalities.

The series can be rather dramatic, has great action sequences, and yet is also very funny at times. It's kind of a shonen show (ala' Naruto and Bleach) with ecchi elements (ala' Negima! or Love Hina) so expect some perverted humor once in awhile.

The last half of the last episode isn't that great (the anime consists of two seasons), but then again, an anime with a completely satisfying finish is hard to find.

Needless to say, though, the manga series is MUCH longer and still ongoing. So, after watching the anime, you can read the manga for quite awhile. Funimation is currently working on an official English dub, so look forward to this on adult swim some time in the next year. Also, I believe Viz picked up Soul Eater's manga to release in English, like its Square-Enix Published predecessors; Fullmetal Alchemist and 666 Satan/O-Parts Hunter.

Edit: I ALMOST forgot to give curious people a little preview of it with one of the best AMV's I've ever seen:

Last edited:
There is a lot of good animes out there and a lot i can recommend but i think it would be much easier for me to do five of my favourites from genres.

Comedy/Romance

FRUIT BASKET

This is a very sweet anime which is also funny and even though the romance is not really noticable it is touched upon. The characters are really well developed and the story is really good also. Basically it is about a young girl who finds herself parentless and without a home, then she finds herself living with the soumas and with the prince of the school and his family members. The problem is the fact that they have a secret which is a rather dark one but the comedy makes up for it.

-----

FUSHUGI YUGI

this anime is very touching and romance is deeply touched upon. The characters are amazingly well developed as well and i think anyone who loves a good romance action anime will love this one. It is about a young girl and her friend who get pulled into a different world through a book to find that they have very important roles to play in there, along the way she finds she is a priestess and meets some very interesting characters along the way.

DRAMA/SUSPENCE

Wolves rain - is a truely amazing anime the characters, storyline, grahics everything about it is stunning and the emotion it will pull from you is immence if you like this sort of anime. In short it is about a pack of wolves who can change into human form who are trying to find paradise and the flower maiden and all the trials they meet along the way by everyone who is trying to stop them.

HORROR

Blood the last vampire = now i know this isnt complete horror but it is close as. The anime is very dark and brilliant and the characters are amazing. All i will say is it is about a vampire who kills monsters like herself. i cant say more cause of storyline although one thing i will add is if you have seen the live action movie the anime cuts off wayyyyyy before the ending of the LA movie.

Darker Than BLACK ~

Darker Than BLACK is pretty good, although the ending was sorta freakin' bad (not too bad), the show is pretty good. Its a sennin manga (I think that's the right word), but the art is really good, there's lot of action, romance between a blind girl and some hungry dude (he's got a huge appetite). Its got comedy as well, it gets pretty funny.

Although I don't think there is anything like Elfen Lied anymore (original anime/manga I think) DTB is pretty good.

I'd wholeheartedly recommend Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei to those of you who like a laugh. It stars an extremely pessimistic high-school teacher, Nozomu Itoshiki (whose name can be written as "despair", hence the title of the anime), and his class of students. It doesn't have any real plot to speak of; rather, each episode focuses on a particular element of life and culture you wouldn't think about normally, and twists them to take them either literally, or to an opposite of the usual connotations/meaning - for example, when people say things are 50/50, they are always biased one way or the other, so things never actually ARE 50/50. So Chiri decides to go around and make everything properly 50/50, producing various results.

Some of it focuses on Japanese culture and society, so it may or may not go over your head if you don't have a fair knowledge of Japanese culture and society (it goes over my head sometimes, anyway) but overall its absolutely brilliant. There are several nods to other well-known anime series, as well.

Claymore- Interesting plot line, awesome characters, different and epic.
Darker than Black- Awesome action, different fight style, and awesome as well. :D
Kirepapa- If you like yaoi, then this by far the most awesome yaoi anime. XD
xxxHOLiC- At first I was iffy about this anime, but later as I watched it I grew to it. It has a whole creepy vibe. Both seasons need to be watched. (x

Last edited:
Excell saga (i might have misspelled excell lol)
One of my all time favorite animes mainly b/c it really most of the time made no sense lol but it was so freakin funny in a childish way sometimes but i wuv this anime so much i just luv remembering funny scenes from it lol XD

i highly recommend blood+, fate/stay night and bleach...i find em really awesome

I will make a single recommendation since most of the other ones have already been listed. It does make me sad that nobody recommended it. Revolutionary Girl Utena. This is, in my opinion, one of the best animes of all time. It is a bit longer than the average anime, but not nearly as long as some such as DBZ, Sailor Moon, etc. It's chock full of humor, romance, action, plot, and a strange ending. If you like any of those, you will like this anime. Also, another thing about the anime is that you really will be thinking about things as you watch it. If you can watch it again, you will notice things that you hadn't before. I have watched it about 20 times and I still see something I hadn't noticed before.

The simplest way I can define the general story is that it's about a girl, Utena, who after being comforted by a prince when she was a little girl decided to become a prince herself. She tries to save the girl, Anthy, from being the rose bride (A.K.A an object to be owned) and to do so, must battle the student counsel at her school. That's the best description I can give it without giving away any spoilers. If you haven't watched this one, you should.

Cromartie High School
MAL ANN
Genre: Comedy, School, Parody

Episodes: 26 (but 12 minutes per episode)

Description: "Meet Takashi Kamiyama. Enrolled at Cromartie High, where everybody is a delinquent, Kamiyama is apparently the only non-delinquent in the school. Logically, therefore, he must be the toughest in his class - by the rather twisted logic that only a really tough rabbit would lie down with lions. Thus begins a story that parodies every cliché of tough-guy anime that you've ever heard of, and some you haven't. Oh, and Freddie Mercury is in it, too."

Review: This is one of the best comedy anime. If this doesn't make you laugh then nothing will. The art style is a parody of the Fist of the North Star's style, and there are almost no girls at all and everything is manly. Oh, and there are a couple of musical references in here, including a character named Freddy who looks exactly like Freddy Mercury but who never speaks, and rides a horse in school. Highly recommended to everyone.

13390l.jpg

------

Kara no Kyoukai - the Garden of sinners
ANN (MAL has a page for each movie)
Genre: psychological, romance, supernatural, horror

Episodes: KnK is made out of 7 movies, some around 1 hour, some around 2 hours.

Description: "Mikiya Kokuto finds himself intrigued by two things. The first is by Shiki Ryougi a beautiful, yet rather unsociable, girl and the other is the strange series of violent deaths that start occuring in his town. As he attempts to get closer to Shiki, he soon learns that the two are connected and that there are many supernatural forces at work which could very likely get him killed as well."

Review: This series of movies is outstanding. The animation is magnificent, the OST (Yuki Kajiura!) is magnificent, the story is magnificent and has deep symbolism etc. and will move you. The 5th movie in particular is really amazing, and by really amazing I mean REALLY AMAZING, and so are movies, uh, 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, and 7....yeah, they're all amazing. This really should be checked out. Watch out for the blood and gore since it has a lot of it.

21741l.jpg

------

Other recommendations: Baccano!, Durarara!!, Darker than Black, Eden of the East, etc.

I really recommend Mushi-Shi if you like thoughtful, colorful, and peaceful stories.
I recommend Berserk if you like intense battle scenes and a sad storyline, with an epic ending.

here are some i read and liked:

1. one peice
2. naruto
3. vampire knight
4. rosen maiden
5. bleach

the top 5 i like

Animes I highly recommend:
1. Cowboy Bebop
- Seriously awesome. One of the very few animes that's better in English dub.
2. Monster
- If you like psycho murder stories, then this is a great one. The English dub is pretty good too.
3. Fullmetal Alchemist
- It's great because it doesn't have any fillers and the animation is cool.
4. Death Note
- The story is really cool. A note book who kills the people who's name is written in it. You just gotta love L.

One Piece -

I have to say, that me myself hesitated to watch it due to the art style and somewhat the plot in the first episodes (Up to like episode 10). However, I have to admit, after watching it, it gets extremely better not to mention the quality of the art also develops, you can notice. It's a MUST watch, the plot, the characters' backgrounds and the battles are just amazing, I highly recommend this.

Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu -
It's a short anime (13 episodes), the story is a bit weird but if you want to get somethings off you and just laugh, then I recommend watching it, it's really good when it comes to humor. xD

Phantom Requiem for the Phantom -
A very interesting anime, a MUST watch for me. It might comes off as boring for others but for me I very much liked it. It had a somewhat weird romance but I really liked this one, try watching it, it's about hit-men etc etc.

Darker Than Black (All of what has been released, from Season 1/2 to the side story between Season 1 and Season 2) -

One of the best Anime out there, the first season starts as boring in my opinion but it gradually gets more and more interesting, the endings are somewhat not what I wanted but still, it's good. The whole contractors and remuneration thing is very interesting.. try it.

Back