The Spirits Within [The Spirits Within] So who else wants to pretend this film never existed?

Daenerys

The Last Dragon
Veteran
Gil
IMO it was a poor excuse for a final fantasy film. It had nothing to do with the series, had no elements of fantasy, no magic except the spirit thingies and no swords (thats a big no-no lol) so who else just wants to pretend they never saw this movie?

Technically I believe this was a great film. Hell, this is one of my favorites. I loved it. I don't think ti was created by the same people, but rather it was a different company that had a whole mixture of ideas. So, my vote is it should exist.

I think people are being too hard on it. Sure, it isn't very Final Fantasy related, but that didn't stop it from being a good film. The graphics were incredible, the voice acting was superb, the story was interesting, I mean if they went a little more in depth with the characters' past and personality (and if everybody didn't die at the end) I think the movie would've been a little more popular.

I think it would've had better reception if Square would've left the "Final Fantasy" out of the title and just called it "The Spirits Within". But to say "Wow this shouldn't exist" is being much too harsh. There are several other much more terrible films out there then this. Did you see "House of the Dead" or "Napoleon Dynamite"? Now THOSE shouldn't exist.

I think the reason this movie is so bad is because of all the expectation people had for the "first FF movie." Also I think it was bad timing. I believe that this movie was released after FFX was released in Japan. So FFX was getting great reviews in Japan and the movie just couldn't live up to the expectations.

Best movie ever IMO, i was actually thankfull it didnt involve antenna hair and effeminate guys beating the shit out of eachother with swords (and then failing to slice of bits) i liked the post apocalyptic setting and ,while i havent played that mutch FF, what always struc me about the series was that every incarnation was radically different from the last one. So it might not be advent children (which i also liked eventhough i never even played 7 so it was more like a list of well choreo graphed figt scenes to me:P) but IMO it was still FF enough and with the GOOD character background, well thought out world, stunning graphics all in all, damn good movie

Well, I think the TITLE shouldn't exist. Calling a sci-fi movie "Final Fantasy"? The makers are sick in the head. NO other company should even have the guff to call it "Final Fantasy" except the same one that made VII: AC. Now, THAT was a helluva FF movie.

In end, I'm saying that Spirits Within wasn't a horrible movie, just a horrible FF movie.

I think Final Fantasy: Spirits Within was an awesome movie. Not a poor excuse, at all. Most Final Fantasy fans are just angry that it consists of the Final Fantasy title, but has nothing to do with it. In my opinion, this movie > Advent Children.

It was crpa to tell the truth it wasnt even related to final fantasy. But it was alright in some points but its noy mt favorite.

I found this film to be a bit disappointing, although it is hardly the worst video game related (vaguely related anyway) movie I've ever seen. That homour would definitely have to go to the Doom movie which was appaling.

I thought the storyline for the Sprits Within wasn't that good; and I wasn't even slightly impressed or intimidated by the villain whatsoever; he was a poor excuse for a bad guy. I didn't think the film was too exciting and some of the sequences were just drawn out, although the biggest let down is the story by far and I felt there wasn't enough action. Still, at least they tried, whoich is more than can be said for that horrible Doom movie which is far worse than this.

take final fantasy away from the title and it should be allowed exist otherwise no it never did exist

There were absolutely 0 elements of FF in this movie. All those in favor of forgetting this say "aye".

Saw this quite a while ago so I cant remember much about it. I found it slightly disappointing but I thought it was slightly decent...

at the end of that movie I wasn't even sure if I rented the right movie, I was pretty disappointed.

I never saw this movie. Well, in all truth I have, I just don't remember. So I vote for never existing.

Back